Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

darkdubh wrote: »
    First Harvey Keitel and now Willem Dafoe is in an ad for something.Surely they don't need the money that badly?Only half saw it with the sound down so don't know what its for but it has him and another guy talking to a redhead and a black guy before he turns and stares portentously into the camera.Only a matter of time before we see De Niro flogging Kit Kats.

Personally I find the Willem Dafoe ad to be quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Allyall wrote: »
    Avon..

The "Bloggers".. Jeeaayzzizz :( Has to be the sh*ttest most god awful tripe, with the most annoying, self adulating pieces of crud.

I want to smash up the TV with an Iron mace when I see it.

"Whoever you are, who've made this happen..."
    and
    "I totally did not even think..." :mad:

For your torture - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmF_1z5hGgM

I realise as a 30 something male this ad is not meant to be relevant or targeted at me , but it was on tv last night and I was sort of cringing at how bad it was and my wife turned to me and said "wow what a sh1t ad.....just looks like it was signed off by some completely disconnected old lads in a board room who were like "lets put in bloggerz (sic) and make it cool for the kids!!" ......have to agree!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭flazio

neris wrote: »
    Littlewoods....... christmas ad on tv3 last night and Halloween is barely cold in its grave

Now Lidl are getting in on the act.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Rowan Atkinson dragging Mr Bean out of his coffin to pimp something.No idea what the ad is for but it involves samurai warriors and him falling through a roof.Depressing to see a one time comic genuis reduced to this.

I thought that Atkinson said he wasent doing Bean anymore after the Olympics opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I thought that Atkinson said he wasent doing Bean anymore after the Olympics opening?

He did but then he realised that his artistic integrity required him to advertise Snickers especially after the Mars Corporation backed a dump truck of money up to his door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That muppet trying to return the pig before finding out it was part of a pig farm. What the hell did he think the pig was part of?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That baldy kehherntt in the restaurant roaring "YES ! Yes! Yes!!"

Then that thick looking female saying "I'll have whatever he's having"

Sweet Jeebus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

matthew8 wrote: »
    That muppet trying to return the pig before finding out it was part of a pig farm. What the hell did he think the pig was part of?

Get out that. That ad is brilliant. Even found myself all weepy when it came on of a hungover Sunday afternoon a few weeks back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Does the National Lottery really have to drag the auld one and her fecking dog out every few months? The ads are ancient and ceased to be amusing a long time ago.

ollaetta wrote: »
    Does the National Lottery really have to drag the auld one and her fecking dog out every few months? The ads are ancient and ceased to be amusing a long time ago.

As long as they aren't showing Aoife and Aine and their effing fishtank, I'm disgruntledly satisfied I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Those meteor ads with the "extra" pillock and now the xmas version of it is out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

matthew8 wrote: »

I just find it really jarring that he keeps calling the person hes on the phone to "mate".Country people,in Ireland anyway,never use that expression.

I just find it really jarring that he keeps calling the person hes on the phone to "mate".Country people,in Ireland anyway,never use that expression.

I thought he said "Meave" myself when calling the barmaid?

Now you mention it, does he not say "man" to the guy who says "I know how they taste!"?

Have to watch more carefully next time!

I really liked the ad until I believe he says "I'm calling about Sue, yeah the pig".
    You hear this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That 3 mobile ad about the lonely whale or whatever, followed by some "look how caring I sound" guy going on about phones.

Sane idea as that "brave gets up at 4 in the morning and blah blah"

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That 3 mobile ad about the lonely whale or whatever, followed by some "look how caring I sound" guy going on about phones.

Sane idea as that "brave gets up at 4 in the morning and blah blah"

I hate that the lonely whale does actually exist, and whales are my favourite animal, not by choice, I just love them, and that makes me cry! The lonely whale is unfortunately not a creation of 3.

I thought he said "Meave" myself when calling the barmaid?

Now you mention it, does he not say "man" to the guy who says "I know how they taste!"?

Have to watch more carefully next time!

I really liked the ad until I believe he says "I'm calling about Sue, yeah the pig".
    You hear this too?

Hmm,looked for it on YT to confirm, only to find out its originaly a New Zealand ad.Coulden't find the Irish one.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/watch-touching-moment-man-rescues-5784068

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hmm,looked for it on YT to confirm, only to find out its originaly a New Zealand ad.Coulden't find the Irish one.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/watch-touching-moment-man-rescues-5784068

"Hiya maid :D, it's Dormaill? - guessing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2b_2-8GYyQ

Allyall wrote: »
    "Hiya maid :D, it's Dormaill? - guessing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2b_2-8GYyQ

He calls the pig mate at the end too.

He calls the pig mate at the end too.

Where did this ' mate' stuff spring from in Ireland.

And this 'bud' and ' pal' and ' my friend'?

Never heard these expressions 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,879 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Where did this ' mate' stuff spring from in Ireland.

And this 'bud' and ' pal' and ' my friend'?

Never heard these expressions 5 years ago.

You never heard those expressions before 2010?

EDIT: Also, what do you refer to your friends as?

• Advertisement

You never heard those expressions before 2010?

EDIT: Also, what do you refer to your friends as?

Pals, probably.

However what I refer to here is total strangers to you using these terms.

Like, you rock up to the taxi rank at Dublin Airport" Wear are ya gauin bud"?

Malahide

" Malahoied! Jaysus,pal I'm here three f*****g hours an yew want to gow to Malahoied,breakin me up friend, breakin me up bro"

That kind of a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

You know the ads, you know the bank. Enough said..

littlebollix.jpg

I'd burst his ball and tell him I'd run over him if I ever saw him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The No No ad.

A snobby looking girl in a purple dress and a PEARL NECKLACE (get your minds out of the gutter) sitting there clutching her No No, (beside a silent woman with her arm at an awkward angle,) saying: "I used to worry about my upper lip hair but having the No No makes me not have to worry about THAT." And she really emphasises the word "that".
    What's the point of the woman beside her? She says nothing throughout.

The ad for Mya. Bimbo girls and a guy talking about having their boobs/faces/minges done at a cosmetic surgery place and saying that "even Mum wants it done too".
    Ad looks cheap.

Ad for Tone-Tee; it's a T-shirt that apparently makes you look slim. Cue a gormless looking tw*t strolling down the street, sucking in his stomach and smiling at a girl way out of his league.

Puh-lease.

Pals, probably.

However what I refer to here is total strangers to you using these terms.

Like, you rock up to the taxi rank at Dublin Airport" Wear are ya gauin bud"?

Malahide

" Malahoied! Jaysus,pal I'm here three f*****g hours an yew want to gow to Malahoied,breakin me up friend, breakin me up bro"

That kind of a way.

I get you. But you mustn't ever have been in a Dublin taxi before 2010 so. Nothing new about it anyway.

I get you. But you mustn't ever have been in a Dublin taxi before 2010 so. Nothing new about it anyway.

Ok mate.

Ok mate.

No problem bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Ok mate.

Apples n pears,I love Landan town Guvnor!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement