Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭brian_t

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Make Christmas with Dunnes Stores.

Don't buy your Christmas presents from us - just recycle the ones you were given previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

lertsnim wrote: »
    The badly dubbed Opel advert with the annoying **** from next door saying to his neighbour after a load of dumb questions, "so you can't afford an Opel?" Maybe he can't you little prick

'Can't afford an Ouw-pil'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

lertsnim wrote: »
    The badly dubbed Opel advert with the annoying **** from next door saying to his neighbour after a load of dumb questions, "so you can't afford an Opel?" Maybe he can't you little prick
    God damn I hate that ad!

Opel can shove their €99 per year "on start" sh*t up their backsides.... along with that kid.

"can't you afford an opel"?
    Yes... yes I can... that's why I don't drive those sh*tty GMs.
    Its such a blatantly desperate attempt on Opels part, "so you can't afford an Opel?", errr yeah I can you little sh1t, I can afford 10 Opels Id just rather buy a decent car...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Aldi one, but only the Irish version.
    The original features a woman singing a Christmas song in the tune of "A Few of my Favourite Things", but for Irish tv they've gotten an Irish woman to sing it.

You can really hear her "Irishness", especially when she sings "...crackers" and "cream". It's cringey and unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The new Eir Christmas ad
    'Sellin the ball the ball headin the ball the ball selli' - oh, it's the Billie Barrie Brats choir in their anoraks! What could be more festive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

dee_mc wrote: »
    The new Eir Christmas ad
    'Sellin the ball the ball headin the ball the ball selli' - oh, it's the Billie Barrie Brats choir in their anoraks! What could be more festive!

Prententious fire-eating-at-Lughnasa on the beach at Doolin oh-let's-throw-in-some-GAA w@nk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

fricatus wrote: »
    Prententious fire-eating-at-Lughnasa on the beach at Doolin oh-let's-throw-in-some-GAA w@nk!

Ha ha, brilliant, a few clips of the eucharistic Congress for the next one and begob we've the paddies bought...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres an RTE promo being played in every ad break at the minute for the Mario Rosenstock show and it has to be the lamest comedy they've ever produced "Would you like to see my willy Miriam?", cringe inducing sh1te. How long have RTE being doing comedies that seem to 90% rely on making fun of the culchie accent?

Theres an Ikea ad with a robot and 2 horrible puppet things aswell and goes on for so long, the robot makes about 4 attempts at flying then there's a long sequence showing it actually flying with ear-grating music and other shots, it must cost a fortune, I think they'd make more money if they showed you what you can actually buy in there rather than this arty marketing crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    "Whoever said you can't be all things to all people"

Max Ehrmann. I wonder if we tell Toyota will they stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Go Compare ads!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

fussyonion wrote: »
    The Aldi one, but only the Irish version.
    The original features a woman singing a Christmas song in the tune of "A Few of my Favourite Things", but for Irish tv they've gotten an Irish woman to sing it.

You can really hear her "Irishness", especially when she sings "...crackers" and "cream". It's cringey and unnecessary.

The emphasis she puts on "fayyyy-vourite things" is rage inducing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Radio ad really pissing me off is one where a whiny kid says "hey daddy, want to hear what I learned at my first saxaphone lesson?"

ARGH

Strangle the child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The new Ikea ad. Weird, trippy music. A robot, a bat, and a chicken with a case of the mange. And this is meant to inspire me to buy furniture?

Fire that marketing exec now.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

The McDonalds 'power of taste'.With people pulling faces while eating different foods (all real) and then a guy smiling while he bites into one of their sh1t burgers. And it goes 'taste matters' or something. I hate that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mckar

Cilit Bang OMG I hate that fake voice grrrrr ok now its in my head .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Ludikrus wrote: »
    The McDonalds 'power of taste'.With people pulling faces while eating different foods (all real) and then a guy smiling while he bites into one of their sh1t burgers. And it goes 'taste matters' or something. I hate that ad.

Try telling them that honey, grapefruit, pesto, blue cheese and wasabi are all delicious and healthy, and their response will probably be something like this...

you-really-need-to-mcshut-up.gif

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

fricatus wrote: »

If I could thank this post twice I would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dee_mc wrote: »
    The new Eir Christmas ad

I have a theory about this. I saw the Littlewoods ad with their custom music and on the screen it says "Buy with Shazam now". The old eir ad with the same song, if one were to shazam it would get you the youtube video of the original band singing it. A marketing exec at Eir said "Hey, why dont we create oar own version of the song so itll be like, unique? And like, then people would like, buy oar product".

And then another marketing went "Oh mah gawd! Thats like totes amazing".

I don't mind him as much as the girl, who takes the teeniest bite off the end of a chip, and even still looks like she's struggling to eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

syklops wrote: »
    I have a theory about this. I saw the Littlewoods ad with their custom music and on the screen it says "Buy with Shazam now". The old eir ad with the same song, if one were to shazam it would get you the youtube video of the original band singing it. A marketing exec at Eir said "Hey, why dont we create oar own version of the song so itll be like, unique? And like, then people would like, buy oar product".

And then another marketing went "Oh mah gawd! Thats like totes amazing".

Sums it up in a nutshell. Fooken muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That is the actual worst ad ever.

Don't risk eating anything with a crazy flavour like...honey.

It makes me sad to think there might be even one fool out there who might take that "advice".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I've just seen the "Can't you afford an Opel?" ad. The dubbing is atrocious.

I've just seen the "Can't you afford an Opel?" ad. The dubbing is atrocious.

My phone has a wifi hotspot FFS.
    Unusual that they got an English accent to dub an Opel ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

God damn I hate that ad!

Opel can shove their €99 per year "on start" sh*t up their backsides.... along with that kid.

"can't you afford an opel"?
    Yes... yes I can... that's why I don't drive those sh*tty GMs.

Opel, Vauxhall Nova by another name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Hello.ie where a kid is like a teacher to adults in a class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Ford Kuga ad.

The dubbing of the fake "Dublin" accents into it is beyond awful.

Then there's the continuing infantilising of men implied by the storyline. A group of male friends, one of whom we are to presume has enough money and intelligence to buy a Kuga and yet they go off up the mountains for a camping trip without checking the weather forecast!!! Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"Khool khaair."
    "Has it gawdd a smaartphone opp?"
    "Buudd idd auddomoddicly calls for help if you crosh,riide?"
    "Caan't you afford an Oewpel"?

Cannot stand that dubbed voice.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

The John Lewis ad,what message are they trying to send out,"Tell someone theyre loved this Christmas" yet banish them to the moon?

• Advertisement

That ad cost 7 million to make apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement