Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,879 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That ad cost 7 million to make apparently.

Worth every penny. Empty sentimental nonsense that makes no sense. Lik dis f u cri evrytim

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That new Opel ad with the snotty little brat going "Can't you afford an Opel?" at his smiling neighbour. Two reasons;
    1. He's an annoying little see you next tuesday who's looking to be persuaded to mind his own business. And
    2. The dubbing on that ad is gruesome. Not sure what sort of financial figures General Motors are posting in recent years, but surely they can afford to produce an Irish ad, filmed in Ireland and using Irish actors.

Such a fabulous example to set for kids anyway, compare your wealth to your neighbours, and be sure to remind them of their inferiority while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I really hope someone from Opel Ireland by some miracle happens upon this forum.

Has there been an ad so universally scorned of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,677 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That ad cost 7 million to make apparently.

A million to make and 6 million being spent on advertising slots ;). It's big big money, I think this year there's more ads then ever before.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11977986/Watch-John-Lewis-Christmas-advert-2015.html

• Advertisement

I really hope someone from Opel Ireland by some miracle happens upon this forum.

I doubt they care. If they were seriously concerned about what Joe Public thought, then they surely wouldn't have allowed that ad to go out in its current form, would they?

Another one for yous (probably already been nominated but I'm too lazy to trawl through the thread); the McDonnell's curry sauce ad. "Rain, grass, chickens, veeeeggggg-tubbels". I wish physical pain on that gobs***e whenever I hear (never mind see) him.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

OOOOOOOH :pac:

BwJXyVQIAAAzh_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

Any advert with children in them

Alex Meier wrote: »
    You must love this time of year then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Alex Meier wrote: »

Or that uses childrens voices. Im looking at you Haribo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭dee_mc

blueser wrote: »
    I doubt they care. If they were seriously concerned about what Joe Public thought, then they surely wouldn't have allowed that ad to go out in its current form, would they?

Another one for yous (probably already been nominated but I'm too lazy to trawl through the thread); the McDonnell's curry sauce ad. "Rain, grass, chickens, veeeeggggg-tubbels". I wish physical pain on that gobs***e whenever I hear (never mind see) him.

'Cooooaaarey-yander'
    It's, like, so authentically Indian or wherever curry comes from

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just saw it for the first time.

My response was that that yung fla would benefit from a brogue driven hard up his hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

The infamous poo at Paul's ad?

I think the opel one takes the biscuit though. Bad enough you have that little arsehole sneering at yer man, then you have daddy cool coming out to give him a smug wave goodbye, accompanied by some ear wrenching soundtrack.

Awful, awful stuff.

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    The infamous poo at Paul's ad?

I think the opel one takes the biscuit though. Bad enough you have that little arsehole sneering at yer man, then you have daddy cool coming out to give him a smug wave goodbye, accompanied by some ear wrenching soundtrack.

Awful, awful stuff.
    It is truly a wretched piece of advertising. But.....it's worked, I guess. Let's face it; we're all talking about it, even in a derogatory way. We're calling it "the Opel ad" so brand awareness has been achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

She's hot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

I'm sure this has been mentioned but I hate this ad with a passion, especially the smarmy look he gives at 0.25 or 0.26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wd798EXHTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That stupid git giving out to his other half and then this old woman tells him to Just Eat her finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

blueser wrote: »
    It is truly a wretched piece of advertising. But.....it's worked, I guess. Let's face it; we're all talking about it, even in a derogatory way. We're calling it "the Opel ad" so brand awareness has been achieved.

At least since the VW scandal, they're not going on about how German they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

how did that young chap in the AIB ad get that gig, his teeth are terrible shape and he really badly needs a haircut. what on earth is this idea of young male kids being left with long hair over their ears its terrible looking, give me a short back and sides anyday

• Advertisement

what noise does a train make? what noise does mammy and daddys car make? it got that annoying that they cut a bit out of it and just got to flogging the car. what age is the child supposed to be anyway, ? terrible ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

"Can't you afford an Opel?"

"Couldn't your mother afford an abortion?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Cillit Bang.............What in the name of god has a Rollercoaster Carriage, A Fighter Jet & a Track Machine got to do with a cleaning product????????

Don't get me started on the sap that can't talk without shouting!!

We should put him on a Rollercoaster, blow him up with the fighter jet and bury his remains with the digger!!

hqdefault.jpg
    BHQazKXCEAIcgbz.jpgCB.png

on the opposite of this thread , check out the kingsmill bread ad with a "schoolgirl" in very sexy uniform, well worth a look shes stunniing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Dickie10 wrote: »
    on the opposite of this thread , check out the kingsmill bread ad with a "schoolgirl" in very sexy uniform, well worth a look shes stunniing

She is amazing!! Thank god she's over 18 :eek:

However that ad caused murder, but in fairness even when I was in school they wore skirts that short so its not portraying anything that isn't real!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

how did that young chap in the AIB ad get that gig, his teeth are terrible shape and he really badly needs a haircut. what on earth is this idea of young male kids being left with long hair over their ears its terrible looking, give me a short back and sides anyday

How did he get a mortgage though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3rR_a7bbSmrbSQGNeuQnuivw_A0Hhd6ESk7kzCxphBScK-xlH

now theres a haircut! ah in fairness the forrest gump vietnam haircut is a classic for all young males looks good

I haven't seen that one yet.

*heads off to youtube*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement