Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Another one - I think it's a Spar ad where the guy doing the V/O sounds like a Gift Grub version of Joe Duffy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Those dubbed kinder chocolate adds.Particularly that one with all the sexual tension between the mum and the hippo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Particularly that one with all the sexual tension between the mum and the hippo.

I thought that was kinda hot, to be honest.

Anyway, Ken Egan, punching down the price of toilet roll for Mace while covered in a fine mist of oil is a bit embarrassing for him, but moreso for us, as we don't get paid for watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Where do I start....

Salsa Slims - Mrs Tinkler is soooooo false
    Cow and Gate - Babies crying want to f*k the couch through the telly.
    One Direct - That Linda Martin wannabe.

Funniest one in recent times was the IFSRA (Financial Regualtor), who started advertising on the telly just after the banks had near collapsed, saying how they were great lads evaluating all these packages the banks try to sell you to make sure they were above board. Pity they were blind to everything else the banks were doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

That Eircom "Grandad's myspace boll***s". Have to mute the telly everytime it comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Kelly Brook talking "honestly" about her Sky box...like she's ever going to have to pay for it........I hate to see celebrities getting paid to endorse (free)products........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

DaBreno wrote: »
    Has no one mentioned the ****ing Dell ad?
    "I am greeeeeeen today. I chirp (you Fcuking CHIRP?) with joy"....

"Im a lesbian with a guitar...la la la . Wish I as on the Greys Anatomy soundtrack where 4 seasons of soundtracks all sound like this she ite"

Hardcore hippy song plays out while various dimwits pose with their Dells. Makes me pine for the days of ****ing Compaq....

Agreed, along with that stupid one with Matthew McConaghey or whatever looking like a twat. That ******* Gaviscon ad is pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sids Not wrote: »
    Kelly Brook talking "honestly" about her Sky box...like she's ever going to have to pay for it........I hate to see celebrities getting paid to endorse (free)products........:mad:

In the US they have a law stating that you can't endorse a product unless you actually use the product. Is this still the case?

Funniest one in recent times was the IFSRA (Financial Regualtor), who started advertising on the telly just after the banks had near collapsed, saying how they were great lads evaluating all these packages the banks try to sell you to make sure they were above board. Pity they were blind to everything else the banks were doing.

Quite a good add in comparision to: -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

shane86 wrote: »
    re the Hibernian ad it shows the emigration/economic hardship with the line "to times we hope to never see again".

Eh, isnt Hibernian in the process of getting rid of a few hundred jobs and outsourcing to India? Bit of a kick in the teeth watching this if you are an affected employee!

With the way things are at the moment and the way things are with them it's a bit too close to home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Is that as not false advertising anyway?? Surely be to god it is or is there's some small text at the bottom of the screen i'm missing:confused:

Would you like a bunch of grannies knitting your shreddies by hand :D
    Anyway, Ken Egan, punching down the price of toilet roll for Mace

It was fairly obvious that the entire budget went on Egan and nothing was left over for the script (or realism). If thats the best they can come up with fire all their asses and i'll spend 9 to 5 thinking up **** adds for the wages of a whole advertising department
    T.G Catter wrote: »
    That Eircom "Grandad's myspace boll***s". Have to mute the telly everytime it comes on.

Real cringe worthy ****, who is it aimed at .. is it like be a cool grandad and get on the interweb?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 irelandtvreview

My god. Every time that Vauxhall Zafira ad comes on with those two stupid fat English kids pretending they're all grown up + talking shíte in general, I just have to scramble around looking for the remote to turn the tv off or hit mute or something. Every time. If I ever somehow meet these kids in real life I'm going to have to bash their faces in. It was bad enough when there was just one ad, but they've turned into a fúcking series.

Anyone else feel the same? Any other adverts that get on your tits?

I Love that advert lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thats a good point.

I hat that fuppin shreddies ad with a passion. Ye know, the ones with the grannies knitting each shreddie. Not the most profitable manufacturing process me thinks!!

Is that as not false advertising anyway?? Surely be to god it is or is there's some small text at the bottom of the screen i'm missing:confused:

That advert is the reason I will never ever purchase shreddies again. I'm sure they were trying to go for some lovey dovey scenario with innocent grannies knitting your shreddies, but all I see is a few senile OAP's touching my ****ing cereal with their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Anyone else want to die when that ad for 'Just for Men' comes on?

It's so American, Two little girls saying, "It's time dad...you could be a real catch for someone". Cue him out with some young one texting them pictures. Barf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

T.G Catter wrote: »

Anyone who has ever worked in a call centre that was internet related knows full well that old people should be kept away from the internet for their own good.

Really. They have survived 65 plus years without it. Internet and old people only leads to financial loss on their end and them making confused expensive calls to call centres to try and get help. There is an ad out at the mo advertising transition year students helping out the old folks to use the net. KEEP THEM AWAY! For everyones benefit. ffs my granny gave us a VCR she won in a raffle because she couldnt get around it, that is the level we are dealing with :confused:. The elderly do not need the net and will have a less stressful life without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's so American, Two little girls saying, "It's time dad...you could be a real catch for someone". Cue him out with some young one texting them pictures. Barf.

And then he leaves the two of them at home, alone, while he goes off to shag the new bird, with his big boot polish head on him. They're like, six years old. That's irresponsible parenting that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the Centra ad with kenny egan

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"I NEED TO DO A POO AT PAUL'S HOUSE"

Jesus Christ worst ad ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Anyone else want to die when that ad for 'Just for Men' comes on?

jor el wrote: »
    And then he leaves the two of them at home, alone, while he goes off to shag the new bird, with his big boot polish head on him. They're like, six years old. That's irresponsible parenting that is.

The really horrible part is, the message of the advertisement seems to be

"Your very young children, who you would expect to love their parents unconditionally, are prematurely neurotic to the point that they approach you and request that you artificially alter your physical appearance with chemicals to conform with modern society's idea of what is attractive"

Next step facial plastic surgery and a penis enhancement, for 'esteem issues'. God bless America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

That Heineken rugby ad, HATE IT

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

phasers wrote: »
    "I NEED TO DO A POO AT PAUL'S HOUSE"

Jesus Christ worst ad ever!

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I hate hate hate hate the new Churchill ad with the presenter from Catchphrase in it... it just annoys me when he says

"It's good, but it's not right, I ordered a Korma!!"

argh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Don't know what this ad is for cos I just caught the end of it but it looks funny. Two rough country men being offered latte and herbal tea in the field and then one guy answers the mobile and says he can't go out cos he's got his pilates class that night:) anyone know what its for?

Don't know what this ad is for cos I just caught the end of it but it looks funny. Two rough country men being offered latte and herbal tea in the field and then one guy answers the mobile and says he can't go out cos he's got his pilates class that night:) anyone know what its for?

Brennan's Bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

That bloody ad for stupid ringtones. It takes two fecking minutes to go through the list. Text laugh18 for this goofy laugh!!! Who the hell buys into this crap ? It's ridiculous that this is actually making enough profit to get decent air time.

Another ad that really grinds my gears is those call girls on TV3. Tou're there trying to watch a movie with the family around and this filth comes on.

friendface wrote: »
    Another ad that really grinds my gears is those call girls on TV3. Tou're there trying to watch a movie with the family around and this filth comes on.

You can complain to the Broadcasting Complaints Commission (BCC) or the Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland (ASAI) in relation to decency. Mary Whitehouse would be proud :)

Any of the ring tone ads on Buzz TV and they worst voice overs and sound. Not that I watch much of Buzz TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Ok, another bloody mobile ad thats just been on for the last day or two on Paramount.

Text FART to 52^^6. Who finds fart sounds on your mobile funny??

The ones with the "trick you're friends with this cool x-ray" and "track your boyfriend with partner tracker" are just deceiving.

And then they charge monthly subscriptions for this 'service' :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well at 2 euro a shot, they are making plenty of money from it.
    Children are a main target for the ringtones.
    I do agree with you there. Those should be confined to after midnight. Again loads of idiots text those numbers.

friendface wrote: »
    The ones with the "trick you're friends with this cool x-ray" and "track your boyfriend with partner tracker" are just deceiving.
    In the IT sector these would be considered malware I'd say.

• Advertisement

Bertie Ahern (AKA Nob Nation) on Spar ad, they don't tell you it Bertie and it isn't a good impression.

:(
    :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement