Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

This post has been deleted.
    Cheers Fred. Now, where did I put those betablockers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

This post has been deleted.

Perfect material for this guy's phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Every single KFC ad ever, but the newest one is horrible. I can't pin point exactly what it is, but it just annoys the fcuk out of me every single time it comes on.

The couples with one holding a sign and the other has to guess what it says..
    Every time they get it right, someone steps forward with tongs and plonks a bitof chicken in the bucket.. :mad:

It's a little sick making......

Allyall wrote: »
    Every single KFC ad ever, but the newest one is horrible. I can't pin point exactly what it is, but it just annoys the fcuk out of me every single time it comes on.

The couples with one holding a sign and the other has to guess what it says..
    Every time they get it right, someone steps forward with tongs and plonks a bitof chicken in the bucket.. :mad:

It's a little sick making......

Ah, I was wondering what that ad was about, only seen it once so far. I am still trying to find out what the music was in the last one, with the two brothers supporting rival teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's been mentioned multiple times over the past few pages but that Opel ad is genuinely the worst I've ever seen in my lifetime. I'm not exaggerating here by any stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

This new series of Tesco ads are a crime against humanity. Everyone involved should be shot into the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"I........................................am........................................The........................................Green........................................Arrow."

Cringe. Way to make people never want to watch that series.........EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

that Opel ad is genuinely the worst I've ever seen in my lifetime. I'm not exaggerating here by any stretch.

worse than ISIS....

c'mon, we're all thinking it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I hate ads for moneylenders especially the Your So Supermarket Money or whatever the feck its called.Latest one with a fat dancing builder manages to be even worse than the one with yer man in the miniskirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah definitely the Opel Ad! "Could you not afford an Opel?". I can only assume the neighbour took the opportunity to drive over the obnoxious kid the next time he caught him on the street with no witnesses! Opel's are grand cars but they've not _that_ expensive. On the other hand if the ad is trying to suggest that assorted features and bits and bobs on the car makes it look really expensive when it's affordable, it still fails. Harks back to the less desirable manufacturers in a segment loading their cars up with added extras to sway indecisive buyers. Fail there as well Opel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

darkdubh wrote: »
    I hate ads for moneylenders especially the Your So Supermarket Money or whatever the feck its called.Latest one with a fat dancing builder manages to be even worse than the one with yer man in the miniskirt.

Uh...as awful as those Shylocks are, MoneySupermarket isn't one of them, it's a price comparison site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

That Vistaprint ad with the aul posh woman..
    "I am a bit of a perfectionist" " ! actually thought that looks really smart and propa"
    Just feck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Bingo ads. Everything about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"Has your daughter had a pamper party yet?" - what the actual fúck?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

That Specsavers ad with the annoying bint teaching the pensioners aerobics is back.That bloody "wiggle wiggle wiggle" bit at the end makes me feel like throwing the telly out the window.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

^ LMFAO :D:D:D

:pac:

That Specsavers ad with the annoying bint teaching the pensioners aerobics is back.That bloody "wiggle wiggle wiggle" bit at the end makes me feel like throwing the telly out the window.
    I actually like that ad. "Shake what your mother gave ya". And the look on the bingo caller's face when she walks into the hall. Agree with you about the "wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah" bit though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

That's a great advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

The ad for safety awareness with an emphasis on motorbike users, "Hes a brother, Hes a Father, Hes a dad.." He can be a she too 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It's been mentioned multiple times over the past few pages but that Opel ad is genuinely the worst I've ever seen in my lifetime. I'm not exaggerating here by any stretch.
    +1, found this thread searching google about the ad. Its really shocking, WTF were they thinking. Some badly dubbed ones are so bad they are good, like the ferrero rocher "ambassador you're spoiling us", but this is a real puzzler.

In my search I found a more english accented version for vauxhall, and they flipped the video so it looks like a right hand drive car. They also did not use the horrific "can't you afford" line

for the masochists.

They go on about all publicity being good, but if I had an opel I'd be cringing even more. Probably dropping the value of them.

lad on facebook saying exactly what I was thinking
    https://www.facebook.com/opel.gm/posts/1531699383787713
    Opel.GM
    September 24 ·
    -Can't you afford an opel?
    Colm McMahon -Cant you afford to dub an ad properly?

deadybai wrote: »
    ''Upc is now Virgin Media''

WE FCUKING GET IT!!!
    Probably why my connection has gone to shit, squander all their money on these ads. I used to get really pissed off seeing ads on tv for the likes of ESB, back when there was no other option but them. WTF are you pissing away money on ads, how much of my bill is going towards this shite, its not like someone watched the ESB ad and went "hmm, maybe I should stick on a few more lights upstairs"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

What in the name of arse are they after doing to the Cornflakes Christmas ad!?
    Where's "This is very unorthodox..." etc?

Christmas 2015 is ruined, RUINED I tells ya!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Has anyone got a link to this Opel ad?I havent seen it and my morbid curiosity is getting the better of me.

Edit:Ok,saw it already has.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Has anyone got a link to this Opel ad?I havent seen it and my morbid curiosity is getting the better of me.

It's in that Facebook link above. My first time watching it too. That is the counter argument to anyone who says there's no such thing as bad publicity. It basically says, "ar$ehole? Try Opel"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What in the name of arse are they after doing to the Cornflakes Christmas ad!?
    Where's "This is very unorthodox..." etc?

Christmas 2015 is ruined, RUINED I tells ya!

I think they'll start playing the 'real' version in December, possibly even after the 8th.
    So
    Don't worry, maybe you'll see it next week :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The new Chanel ad is crappy. Past Chanel ads have been the Little Red Riding Hood one:

Or the Nicole Kidman one:

Instead in the new one, its not christmassy at all, and the music is naff.

Another one; that Coor's ad, where those two gormless gobsh1tes dig their way through the snow to get into the pub, only to find their smug mate already in, having entered through the front door. And what pub has a sign saying "front door"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

The Opel ad is slightly cringey, and I say that as a fan of the brand.

I think they'd be better served by using the Vauxhall UK ads and digitally altering the logo on the car rather than using the Opel DE ads and dubbing the audio. I think the Irish sensibility is a lot closer to the English than the German one, so German humour is unlikely to attract much positive attention in these parts.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    The Opel ad is slightly cringey, and I say that as a fan of the brand.

I think they'd be better served by using the Vauxhall UK ads and digitally altering the logo on the car rather than using the Opel DE ads and dubbing the audio. I think the Irish sensibility is a lot closer to the English than the German one, so German humour is unlikely to attract much positive attention in these parts.
    Slightly? It's criminally bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

blueser wrote: »
    Slightly? It's criminally bad.

I have a high threshold for ad-related embarrassment. There are loads mentioned here which I think are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

dee_mc wrote: »
    I think they'll start playing the 'real' version in December, possibly even after the 8th.
    So
    Don't worry, maybe you'll see it next week :p

Oh, they'd better.:mad:

If not I shall banish all Kellogg's products from my kitchen, forever!
    (except for Crunchy Nuts - they're scrum-diddly-umptious)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement