Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Expose...its just one long ad ..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Costcutter ad,
    "Stock up on your treats for the big show" while waving a packet of taytos and smiling idiotically.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That Dunnes stores ad, the one with the chinny ginger kernt in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That new ad for the Honda HRV, with the "dancers" (or whatever you want to call them) in the grey jackets and red shirts, doing carefully choreographed routines around the moving car. Pity the car doesn't hit one or ten of them! And that soundtrack; made for the mute button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Really can't stand this. After seeing it on and off during the week you really grow to hate it. Those idiots in the crowd with their really stupid expressions. Cringing crap

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ticking and Bashing

1. Meteor's Christmas Limited, that ad is pointless...
    2. Littlewoods ads (HATE the song)

The "just eat" ad, with that gobsh1te on the train and the old lady shushing him. If I was there, that phone would be getting inserted somewhere where he may not get good coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Aldi's "Favourite things" ad is taking the absolute píss at this stage. Its like its played 2 or 3 times, on most adbreaks on all the Irish channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Agricola wrote: »
    Aldi's "Favourite things" ad is taking the absolute píss at this stage. Its like its played 2 or 3 times, on most adbreaks on all the Irish channels.

I hate her voice. Detest it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,674 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And the UK channels too, they must have paid out in the millions for them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

The Eir ad. "Heading the ball, the ball".
    Ahhhhhhllianz Insurance.

Hate these with a passion.

EDIT:
    May as well add the badly dubbed Opel ad that everyone on the forum hates as well.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

That Dunnes stores ad, the one with the chinny ginger kernt in it.

What does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What does that even mean?

The red haired gentleman with the prominent chin, at a guess?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

dee_mc wrote: »
    The red haired gentleman with the prominent chin, at a guess?

I got that bit but kernt is new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I got that bit but kernt is new to me.
    You probably use the old version
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97914649&postcount=4993

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

There's another awful ad for Orchard Thieves unfortunately!!

Too lazy to trawl through the whole thread, so this one may have already been nominated. Another example of poor dubbing in order to make the ad more "Irish".The KFC one from a few months back; "how much would you pay for this meal". If you can't be bothered to produce an authentic Irish ad for the Irish market, leave the original ad alone. We're not going to go all tear-y for Wolfe Tone, Pearse, Connolly, Davitt etc at the sound of an English accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That was Burger King actually.

flazio wrote: »
    That was Burger King actually.
    You're right. What the hell was I thinking, putting KFC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

The guy who does the narration for the TV3 show, 'The Joy'. He seems to be doing every advert going. I want to punch his voice so bloody hard. I want someone to make his voice a tangible, solid object, so I can punch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭brian_7070

That add with Paul O Connel “Im Mary, Im jimmy” or whatever piss off.
    That Carlsberg add were the guy pretends he knows Irish poetry but is coming out with random bits of Irish that we all learned in school. Pathetic attempt at humour just because we can associate with something doesn’t make it funny the amount of people I have heard say they love this add.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

While that Mace ad with the cute red-haired one does a good job at showing how convenient it is to shop in their stores, I'm surely not the only one who gets a bit uneasy at the fellow customer who gives her an arrogant smirk when she drops something she picks up, and then bumps into her at the checkout.

STRANGER DANGER. STRANGER DANGER.

The guy behind the till is a bit too enthusastic about the whole thing as well. Off-putting.

While that Mace ad with the cute red-haired one does a good job at showing how convenient it is to shop in their stores, I'm surely not the only one who gets a bit uneasy at the fellow customer who gives her an arrogant smirk when she drops something she picks up, and then bumps into her at the checkout.

STRANGER DANGER. STRANGER DANGER.

The guy behind the till is a bit too enthusastic about the whole thing as well. Off-putting.

YES! Smiley Mace Man, he's been known as in my house. He had a few lines there a few weeks back too, but he sounded very serious. The face on yer man when she drops the bottles on the floor, just want to slap him!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

YES! Smiley Mace Man, he's been known as in my house. He had a few lines there a few weeks back too, but he sounded very serious. The face on yer man when she drops the bottles on the floor, just want to slap him!

Perhaps Mace should sell mace. Just in case.

What can you expect from a franchise that had the sweaty-palmed, trouser-rubbing, leering eejit that is Brendan O'Connor advertising their shops?

That DID Electrical ad, with those little red, er, yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

del88 wrote: »
    Expose...its just one long ad ..

Too true, everything on that show is for sale

Yeah I love Aldi as a supermarket but their Xmas ads are out of control at this stage. Its on American levels, 2 ads per break and even if you switch channel its likely you'll see one on an ad break there too :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

brian_7070 wrote: »
    That add with Paul O Connel “Im Mary, Im jimmy” or whatever piss off.
    That Carlsberg add were the guy pretends he knows Irish poetry but is coming out with random bits of Irish that we all learned in school. Pathetic attempt at humour just because we can associate with something doesn’t make it funny the amount of people I have heard say they love this add.

That ad was on at least 8 or 9 years ago,is it back on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm rapidly starting to despise the ads Eircom have commissioned for their fancy Dan Eir rebranding crap. That bloody "huma yer man, huma yer man..." Riverdance Lite music is just the worst. It's even more ridiculous, now that it features in their Chrismassy ad. The one with a bunch of Billy Barry type brats singing the bloody thing, when they are out carol singing. Yeah right, like I sang "Pennys, got a whole lotta things for Christmas...." when I was out carol singing at their age. Feckin' eegits ! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Eircom's attempts to seem more Irish than Peig Sayers, wearing an italia 90 Ireland jersey, dancing a jig on the roof of the GPO with a bodhrán & inflatible shamrock.... is indeed starting to grate.

Am I right in thinking Eircom is still owned by an australian hedge fund?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement