Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Not really ads but the new channel four ad logo things that do me on between programmes are so long and boring

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Pirate king & all round drain on global mascara supplies; Johnny Depp, is back flogging perfume in some ad of impressive stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Pirate king & all round drain on global mascara supplies; Johnny Depp, is back flogging perfume in some ad of impressive stupidity.

Sweet Jesus that's terrible horse ****e....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Not annoying but makes me giggle..

At the end of the trailer for the new Peanuts movie, your guy says "Snoopy and Charlie brown in the Peanuts Movie so fast it sounds like he is saying Penis not peanuts..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

smilerf wrote: »
    Not really ads but the new channel four ad logo things that do me on between programmes are so long and boring

I don't usually mind them, but the current "Christmas" one that has about two minutes of discordant jangling sounds set my nerves on fire. It's like listening to a child bash a box of clocks with a hammer. Have to mute it every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Theres an ad for I think a supermarket that really annoys me. Dad is weighing the turkey by standing on a weighing scales while holding it(no issues there), and sweet old Granny says she doesnt know how to work the remotes for the telly(also no issues), and a girl goes "Ew ew ew" as she stuffs a turkey, (also no issue), but theres a split second scene of a cake tin being filled and then knocked off the counter. It was on the other night and the OH said she hated that scene, and I completely agreed.

In our house, someone would clumsily knock over a tray like that once in their life and the consequences would ensure they didnt do it again. I dont really know what it is about that scene but it eally grinds my gears.

Also, my OH is Polish and her Christmas memories and traditions are different to mine but she hates that scene too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dubscottie wrote: »
    Not annoying but makes me giggle..

At the end of the trailer for the new Peanuts movie, your guy says "Snoopy and Charlie brown in the Peanuts Movie so fast it sounds like he is saying Penis not peanuts..

I thought I was the only one who heard that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Nespresso ad with George Clooney and Jack Black. ("What else"?). What a bunch of smug fcukers.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Elite singles, helps me filter out the time wasters, that way I only find rich people, like me. lawwwdeee dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... dribble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

rubadub wrote: »
    I never really watched that ad properly, missed the start and end

So its supposed "we are expecting new millionaires, due august 26th".

But the newer ads show people blowing money on fantasys, like the guy with a full film crew doing a cowboy film, and girls with a huge fish tank or sharks or dolphines. So if you saw this ad midway through it might appear to be saying "hey perverts, your fantasy can come true, win the lottery and you will be able to pay a load of pozzies to dress like nurses and dote over you"

That long version above is almost never shown,its virtually always a shortened version that cuts straight to yer man in the cot being fussed over by nurses,so yeah it does give the impression that hes living out some weird sexual fantasy involving baby role play,like this guy.

enhanced-buzz-17496-1345664926-5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

If I had a time machine I go back and rob Rogers and Hammerstein pens so they couldn't write my favourite things. It's bloody everywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

If I had a time machine I go back and rob Rogers and Hammerstein pens so they couldn't write my favourite things. It's bloody everywhere!!

Good holy jebus yes. Why is that song all over the place all of a sudden? Christmas ads are the worst culprit but in America they've had a trendy, even more irritating version on an ad for Samsung galaxy for ages. Any marketing twat who uses it from here on in should be shot into the sun.

For an ad less than a minute long it packs an awful lot of Americana/Texmex cliches into its running time.All it was short was Johnny seeing ghostly Red Indians and driving his car head on into pursuing police cars while shouting the name of the girl he left behind(probably called Lurleen).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

syklops wrote: »
    Theres an ad for I think a supermarket that really annoys me. Dad is weighing the turkey by standing on a weighing scales while holding it(no issues there), and sweet old Granny says she doesnt know how to work the remotes for the telly(also no issues), and a girl goes "Ew ew ew" as she stuffs a turkey, (also no issue), but theres a split second scene of a cake tin being filled and then knocked off the counter. It was on the other night and the OH said she hated that scene, and I completely agreed.

In our house, someone would clumsily knock over a tray like that once in their life and the consequences would ensure they didnt do it again. I dont really know what it is about that scene but it eally grinds my gears.

Also, my OH is Polish and her Christmas memories and traditions are different to mine but she hates that scene too.

It's for Supervalu. I don't mind the ad actually. I think the bit with the granny and the remote controls are great. Haven't we all been that soldier at least once, with our elderly parents and grand parents? I'm a little worried that I am that granny now. We got a new Samsung smart TV a few months ago. To date, I only know what about 4 of the 56 button on the remote control do. I live in perpetual fear of pressing one of the other 52 by mistake. :(

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Dricmeister

There's an ad for CPL Recruitment on the radio which is so cheap and amateurish, it beggars belief.

Also the radio ads for "Immigration lawyer and Limerick woman Carrow Kinsella"...she's coming to town don't you know

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There must be 10 different versions of that ad. I play a little game when it's on- I guess whether they're gonna say "silver white winters that melt into spring" or "brown paper packages tied up with string" and see how many times I can get it right within an hour. My record is 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Welcome to the list apache pizza.......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Nearly got sick into my Baileys coffee just there (hey it's Christmas!).

Watching nice Christmas film (High Society) and rudely interrupted by an awful ad for the Powerscourt Hotel (used to be the Ritz Carlton??)

Helloooo, 2006 called. They want their Celtic Tiger back Powerscourt.

It's horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭Archeron

That ad for Rapaello where the three exceptionally good looking women get so hepped up on life with their crispy flaky crunchy nutty coconut balls that by the end of the ad they are actually falling on top of each other with the sheer delight of being alive. I admit they are nice but they aren't that f*cking nice.

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Nearly got sick into my Baileys coffee just there (hey it's Christmas!).

Watching nice Christmas film (High Society) and rudely interrupted by an awful ad for the Powerscourt Hotel (used to be the Ritz Carlton??)

Helloooo, 2006 called. They want their Celtic Tiger back Powerscourt.

It's horrific.

We all partied.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Denny christmas one with the kid opening the presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The Brady ham one from earlier this year. "Real ham coming through". FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

He's a weddy good Santy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

fussyonion wrote: »
    He's a weddy good Santy.

"He's a weddy dud Santa"

Posh mam and posh dad annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You have no Christmas spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Ahhh no. I like that one. Mammy and Daddy are a bit pretentious but the kid is cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

arnies mobile strike ad makes me sad. It's hard watching your childhood hero laid low

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ofcork

The hyundai i40 ad is a bit cheeky passing bmw,vw etc which dont have auto tailgates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The one with Rachel from Friends freaking out because there's no shower on the aeroplane....... WTF.. :mad:

Not that long ago the stupid stories about what Celebrities expected while "touring" made annoying gap fillers in the media, then a little more.
    Now it's advertised as a thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement