Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Allyall wrote: »
    The one with Rachel from Friends freaking out because there's no shower on the aeroplane....... WTF.. :mad:

Not that long ago the stupid stories about what Celebrities expected while "touring" made annoying gap fillers in the media, then a little more.
    Now it's advertised as a thing?
    Oh my God they played that before Star Wars in the cinema the other night and people were groaning and cursing at the screen, such a smug ill-judged ad.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Dricmeister

Allyall wrote: »
    The one with Rachel from Friends freaking out because there's no shower on the aeroplane....... WTF.. :mad:

Not that long ago the stupid stories about what Celebrities expected while "touring" made annoying gap fillers in the media, then a little more.
    Now it's advertised as a thing?

Emirates have a bar and showers in Business/First...most airlines don't...why not advertise that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Emirates have a bar and showers in Business/First...most airlines don't...why not advertise that?

They can advertise anything they want. This thread is "Adverts you despise".

I despise that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Terrible dubbing again from Opel.

Some douche-bag terribly dubbed with a nordie accent in a Mokka acts the pr*ck to some bikers, the fellow horny as hell cos he has a reversing camera.....
    This display of testicular fortitude seemingly much to the admiration of the two on looking transvestites.

Archeron wrote: »
    That ad for Rapaello where the three exceptionally good looking women get so hepped up on life with their crispy flaky crunchy nutty coconut balls that by the end of the ad they are actually falling on top of each other with the sheer delight of being alive. I admit they are nice but they aren't that f*cking nice.

THANKS! You said exactly what I was trying to articulate! My boyfriend keeps slagging me off if I go out with the girls from college, saying we're eating Rapaellos and throwing our heads back and legs up in delight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I saw a crappy ad for replacement windows on RTE1 earlier. I can't remember the product name, I kept thinking how rubbish the ad was, very stagey.

Just remembered the tagline "your frames, our panes", has to be a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Terrible dubbing again from Opel.

Some douche-bag terribly dubbed with a nordie accent in a Mokka acts the pr*ck to some bikers, the fellow horny as hell cos he has a reversing camera.....
    This display of testicular fortitude seemingly much to the admiration of the two on looking transvestites.

:eek:

Dubbing a Nordie accent would have been bad enough Horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Two ads grinding my gears at the moment, firstly in the category of bad dubs is the cold and flu ad which tells us about how it's not the cold weather it's a virus.
    Second is that Renault Clio ad with that horrible out of tune "music"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

LaGlisse wrote: »
    arnies mobile strike ad makes me sad. It's hard watching your childhood hero laid low
    Similar to Paul Whitehouse and those bloody Aviva ads; he's done several, in various different British accents. He was, if you pardon the awful pun, "brill-i-ant" in the Fast Show. And now he's reduced to flogging car insurance. Is he that hard up that he needs the money? Where did it all go wrong Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

flazio wrote: »
    Second is that Renault Clio ad with that horrible out of tune "music"

Yeah.... the song is, frankly, worse than ISIS.

Here is the song in full..... It is awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

The budweiser Christmas ad. Just don't like it at all.
    Bring back the one with the horses.
    Altogether now....
    La la la la la la la lala.
    La la la la la la la lala.
    La la la la la,
    la la la laaaa.
    La la la la la la la hmhmhmhmhmhm hmhm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Grant's heating, 'let's all go to Grandad's house where the central heating works', piss poor effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tvfanatic

All of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Gucci ad showing a man and a woman in a very steamy embrace together.

It's not so much the ad itself, though it is annoying, it's the fact that I'm constantly seeing it over the Christmas during ad breaks for movies that mainly kids will be watching, I.e. Daytime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

"Cheep.. Purr"
    At the end of the ad, the cat is on the left, so visually it becomes "Purr Cheep"

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

blueser wrote: »
    The Brady ham one from earlier this year. "Real ham coming through". FFS.

I thought they did that beefed up version because the previous ad had a voice
    in it like the gay dude that use to do tele bingo on rte, my god!!

Honestly I can't say the words I think when I hear a croaky gay male's voice in a TV advert, sounds like they were up all night...

So they did the more manly version :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Similar to Paul Whitehouse and those bloody Aviva ads; he's done several, in various different British accents. He was, if you pardon the awful pun, "brill-i-ant" in the Fast Show. And now he's reduced to flogging car insurance. Is he that hard up that he needs the money?
    Probably getting paid a fortune, many people who are not hard up for money do ads. Lots of hollywood actors do them in asia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_celebrity_advertising
    Historically, American actors and filmmakers Orson Welles, Francis Ford Coppola, and Audrey Hepburn would appear in Japanese advertisements, while eschewing American ones. More recent celebrities such as Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jodie Foster, who generally avoid publicity in the United States, have been known to do large-scale advertising campaigns in Japan and China.
    One commercial featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger promoting a Japanese energy drink "Vfuyy" with zany actions is a favorite of Conan O'Brien, and was frequently featured on Late Night with Conan O'Brien as a filler clip.
    One Pepsi commercial that aired in Asia features American singer Christina Aguilera but wasn't aired in United States.

Sounds wrote: »
    "Cheep.. Purr"
    At the end of the ad, the cat is on the left, so visually it becomes "Purr Cheep"

lol

That's the one that gets my budgies all rowdy thinking there's another one in the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The painfully unfunny little ads with the snowmen they've had on RTÉ at the beginning and end of ad breaks over Christmas.

"Can anyone smell carrots!?" (LOL his nose is a carrot :D)

The worst one is the family looking at the melted body of the dead daughter, and the father asks "Why did we get her that hairdryer?"#

Why indeed, she has no hair!!

Well, she had no hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I hope Glo Health's premiums are at 1950 values, just like their. Someone should tell them that caring isn't just done by mothers.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Radio5 wrote: »
    I hope Glo Health's premiums are at 1950 values, just like their. Someone should tell them that caring isn't just done by mothers.....

Just saw that ad at the cinema today.... It's basically, dads, you can go fûçk yourselves! My other half was not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That Tesco ad with the young son bumping into his parents is just really cringeworthy and unfunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Finally saw it....The orchard thieves ad, yep, tis complete drivel...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I know it's a month or two old but when it came out I just could not get away from the McDonalds advert with the strategically placed attractive tattooed girl.

It. Was. EVERYWHERE!

This one:

The most annoying thing about it was coming on here and seeing "The cute tattooed girl" plastered all over the "Someone Unusual You Fancy" thread. Eh, clearly she's not unusually attractive. It's quite obvious the reason McDonalds put her there in the first place was to garner the attention of "the lads" in the first place. They knew exactly what they were doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

was just about to post that! ad is back again

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wilberto wrote: »
    attractive tattooed girl.
    This ad has come up a few times in this thread. I have seen nobody mention the fact that at one time you would not get employed in mcdonalds if you had visible tattoos. I remember applying as a teenager and it was a question on the form, and before I went I remember it being fairly common knowledge it was an issue.

Maybe their policy has changed and no longer are people with tattoos strictly unemployable degenerate scum of the earth. I have no tattoos myself by the way, but do not remember seeing any employees with even arm tattoos years back, let alone neck tattoos.

Welcome to the list apache pizza.......
    I cannot put my finger on what song(s?) they are ripping off. Another ripoff was that ad which mentioned gift hampers ripping off Hyacinth Bouquet's voice/character (from keeping up appearances)

I looked up apache pizza ads to figure it out but it is not on it. However there is the apache ad with some prick with a big woolly hat on indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That tick Aer tick Lingus tick ad tick. With tick every tick second tick word tick being tick "tick".

Tick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

That tick Aer tick Lingus tick ad tick. With tick every tick second tick word tick being tick "tick".

Tick off.

"And I'll tell you what: tick followed tock followed tick followed tock followed tick."

Well, that is what came into my head when I read that post... :o:o:o:o:D:D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

rubadub wrote: »
    This ad has come up a few times in this thread. I have seen nobody mention the fact that at one time you would not get employed in mcdonalds if you had visible tattoos. I remember applying as a teenager and it was a question on the form, and before I went I remember it being fairly common knowledge it was an issue.

Maybe their policy has changed and no longer are people with tattoos strictly unemployable degenerate scum of the earth. I have no tattoos myself by the way, but do not remember seeing any employees with even arm tattoos years back, let alone neck tattoos.

I cannot put my finger on what song(s?) they are ripping off. Another ripoff was that ad which mentioned gift hampers ripping off Hyacinth Bouquet's voice/character (from keeping up appearances)

I looked up apache pizza ads to figure it out but it is not on it. However there is the apache ad with some prick with a big woolly hat on indoors.

As far as I know, the male staff in Limerick are all fairly extensively tattooed. Wondered about it when I saw it. Gave me hope :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

As far as I know, the male staff in Limerick are all fairly extensively tattooed. Wondered about it when I saw it. Gave me hope :D

What kind of hope would that give you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement