Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

syklops wrote: »
    You know the denny ad, the one with the little girl on the pink bicycle. Aside from me not knowing what the child says, at the end of the ad the mother goes "Im tired after santy coming are you Paul(the dad)?" and he says yes. I always feel like shes about to say "So why dont mammy and daddy go back to bed for a half an hour, ;);) nudge nudge".

Maybe advertising standards cut the last line.

Unless she's tired after Santy (the dad carrying out Santa duty) cumming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

The Kildare Village radio ads. They just seem to promote shallow materialistic lifestyles and the woman's voice is annoying.

And the Head and Shoulders ad with Joe Hart. Can't stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

This post has been deleted.

How are they hipsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Not so much an ad, but more of a voice over, the bloke ( i think!!!) that does the voiceovers for the three mobile ads and is now doing the voice over for RTE Sport, dear god, his whiny voice is annoying so much, like he's on the crest of waiting for his b*lls to drop,i hit the mute button when i hear his 12 year old voice wailing through the TV!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Or that f**ing annoying voice that says *not thinking about us again*
    I think advertising companies just don't get it, piss people off and they'll remember us?
    I remembered to cancel my gas bill!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The song on the Dundrum Town Centre ad, on the radio.

Who the f*ck picked that?!

EMar Sounds

Don't listen to Irish radio or tv unless ads are forced on me through TV
    If I lived in another country I'd probably put my head in my hands if an Irish ad came on in a bar.
    "My god noooo... can't avoid them and I'm not even in Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Bisto one, telling us to give a spare seat to an old person who'd normally eat alone.
    It's on every fcuking five minutes and I'm sick of the oul one sniffing the chicken like a carnivore.

EMar Sounds

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The panadol ad with the "girlzzzzzz" and the "Hi I'm Celia Holman Lee and I've had laser eye surgery...."

• Advertisement
    EMar Sounds

I hate that other bisto ad, where your man is in the kitchen blabbin on about makin the dinner,
    While his 12 year old girlfriend is showin her mother their new baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Johnston, Mooney & O'Brien have dusted off that nostalgiajerk ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Sorry Henry.... I don't care that you are working for the Times

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Suas11 wrote: »
    I see those Rachel and Steve ads are back again. I hadn't seen them for a while and thought they were gone for good.

The only annoying thing about that ad is the fact that they shortened it. The longer one is far better. They all but ruined it by shortening it.

Other than that I like it! :)

EMar Sounds

Well at least you'd know not to eat the cake.. coz they're obviously two nutters lol

Funny little ads though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

blueser wrote: »
    Those BetVictor ads that were on a while baqck, with Paul Kaye. He used to be funny-ish (remember Dennis Pennis?). But those ads were painful to watch. And as for Victor Chandler himself; he's got the personality of a ping poll ball.

There was a theme going for a while where named bookies would put themselves in the ad themselves (betfred) being the other one.
    Still better than Ray Winstone's gigantic noggin telling you to "have a bang off that" as they showed over inflated odds for a ridiculously unlikely outcome.

EMar Sounds

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't upc / virgin media or whoever control the ads, programs, movies etc. via playlist management system.
    Everything is on file, they create the schedules for their weekly or daily playlist manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PJW13

Has anyone mentioned the Tesco adverts that were showing over Christmas? Awful!

EMar Sounds

PJW13 wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the Tesco adverts that were showing over Christmas? Awful!

Just because we're big? tiny lil people scattering around.
    I liked the style of animation for those ads.

Sounds wrote: »
    Just because we're big? tiny lil people scattering around.
    I liked the style of animation for those ads.

No the family with the nerdy DJ Son who looks about 24 and wants to attend a party with his Mum and Dad. It's all a bit remedial and weird.

• Advertisement
    EMar Sounds

oh yea some clown, found a gluten free lightbulb lol

oh yea some clown, found a gluten free lightbulb lol

lol that's one of them all right.

EMar Sounds

State of him tryin to chat up the older woman..
    It's amazing the varieties today, Stilton, cheese..

State of him tryin to chat up the older woman..
    It's amazing the varieties today, Stilton, cheese..

The older lady has been the best actor so far and she didn't speak :) Can't help feeling like the others sold them selves out a bit. If only the writer actually had a sense of humour, they might have worked.

The man in the moon was a bit creepy too.

Any predictions for worst advert in 2016? As in what they might be advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

"Best night out ever... and it's my period!"

Woop de doo for you, love :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

TV: Whoever thought the new Apache pizza song was a good idea needs to be shot with balls of their own ****e.

Radio: That stupid VW (?) ad comparing their vans to the evolution of insects or some such ****e, someone trying to be too clever and just sounding stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Sean O Brian shouldn't be advertising Supermacs especially shoving a burger in his gob. Same goes for Shane Byrne and his obese sausage world cup pizza....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The song on the Dundrum Town Centre ad, on the radio.

Who the f*ck picked that?!

The same w@nker who picked it for the Kildare Village ad I think. I hate their ads. They had one about red shoes there at Christmas on the radio and the song in the background made it sound like it was for a charity. Found this instead when I went looking for the radio edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m33bfc2BpMs

A load of pretentious b0110x!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Suas11 wrote: »
    I see those Rachel and Steve ads are back again. I hadn't seen them for a while and thought they were gone for good.
    Whoever dreamt up Rachel and Steve want taking out the back and shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Why arent there any funny online videos about spreadsheets?

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Generally switch stations when it comes on the radio.

Cant even remember what its for but it is the most annoying drivel ever to assault my eardrums.

With a special shout out to the VW vans ad mentioned in another post. Insects have 3 willies or something, Coincidence?

Yes you twat its a coincidence!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement