Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Blue Insurance have brought that annoying shouty kid onto TV now. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The Irish Rail ad where the narrator is mimicking a conversation between two lads who are asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Any dubbed ad. There are a few awful ones out there. I imagine it's done for a pan-European audience but Jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Wilberto wrote: »
    The Irish Rail ad where the narrator is mimicking a conversation between two lads who are asleep.
    I actually like that ad!

Back on topic I see that godawful ad for Cadbury's Creme Eggs )the one where the bloke is getting ready to try to "seduce" a creme egg) is back. Terrible ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Stupid Weetabix ad with "talking" blueberries, insult to intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭brian_7070

blueser wrote: »
    Those BetVictor ads that were on a while baqck, with Paul Kaye. He used to be funny-ish (remember Dennis Pennis?). But those ads were painful to watch. And as for Victor Chandler himself; he's got the personality of a ping poll ball.

havent seen them but I used to love strutter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Any dubbed ad. There are a few awful ones out there. I imagine it's done for a pan-European audience but Jesus...

There's two around at the moment, the San Miguel ad where none of the voices match the actors and a coffee one.
    Christ they're bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Blue Insurance have brought that annoying shouty kid onto TV now. :(

Their ads have been offensive to me right from the start. I reckon they must be around over 10 years at this stage. Lots of different styles but universally rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Biloxi Blues

I actually like the washing machine one "its gonna be tropic"

"Down here for dancin'."

Brilliant ad. Makes me laugh and remind me of how much I hated living in Dublin at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭GaryTLynch

Nature Nurture Pet Store. The one on the radio with the two over enthusiastic girls encouraging you to 'Wander in and sniff us out'. Who writes this stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

I know the message is important but the chap who suffered brain damage after a drunken crash. Its the frequency that I hear " trust me,I know what I'm talking about" that drives me demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

"Down here for dancin'."

Brilliant ad. Makes me laugh and remind me of how much I hated living in Dublin at the same time.

Great ad. Very funny.

sparksfly wrote: »
    I know the message is important but the chap who suffered brain damage after a drunken crash. Its the frequency that I hear " trust me,I know what I'm talking about" that drives me demented.

"I'd never heard of a brain injury until I got one."

Seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

"I'd never heard of a brain injury until I got one."

Seriously??

Ah cut him some slack...lad has a brain injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ah cut him some slack...lad has a brain injury.

Exactly. It's a real ad, mistakes and all to hit home. I'd take that any day of the week over 99% of the fake, staged crap ads plastered all over TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

I really think I hate all ads. Particularly radio ads. I will bitch slap the individual who came up with that recruitment one 'Deep sectoral knowledge and are highly networked'. Really just please stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Valentina wrote: »
    "Best night out ever... and it's my period!"

All I can think of when I read that (I haven't seen the ad) is

[SNIP]

MOD:
    Not the thread or forum for this, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭squonk

sparksfly wrote: »

One of the few useful and decent ads. I always feel sorry for the poor guy and you have to admire him for having the cajones to go on air for an ad relating his experiences. At the end of the day if what he's doing saves even one life then that has to be commended!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Axa Insurance car adverts where Irish people drive around London In Irish reg cars and crash into other Irish cars, whats the chances?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

silverharp wrote: »
    Axa Insurance car adverts where Irish people drive around London In Irish reg cars and crash into other Irish cars, whats the chances?

Woeful ads all these insurance ones are. Just as you think you've seen the worst one (e.g. the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlliance one or those bloody No Nonsense ones), an event worse one comes along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Many in this thread have complained about shouty Barry Scott banging on about Cillit Bang.

Well it looks like Cillit Bang have finally listened and decided it was time for a complete change.

It's kind of awesome:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Can't stand the Barry's Tea ad with the Granny talking about her superstar granddaughter who holds her cup of tea with two hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I see those Meteor "extras" ads with "Jack" are back. FFS, I was hoping we'd seen the back of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Just-Eat one with that girl shouting "I see you baby, chicken Madras!" and cringe-dancing.
    Ugh, I want to punch her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That clown shouting "curr-eee", as if a tin of yellow powder is going to magically transform a meal into an authentic Indian curry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

madmaggie wrote: »
    That clown shouting "curr-eee", as if a tin of yellow powder is going to magically transform a meal into an authentic Indian curry.

I just saw the ad you're on about there. God that's terrible. I wouldn't mind, but I loved their first ad. They had to go and ruin it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That Brendan bloke from Off the Rails showing us Italian leather, American wood and Brazilian coffee.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of Irish mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

flazio wrote: »
    That Brendan bloke from Off the Rails showing us Italian leather, American wood and Brazilian coffee.

At the 1935 Furniture Factory ? F@ck that. I don't want furniture that's 81 years old. Full of woodworm

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

flazio wrote: »

Figured he'd be more interested in Italian wood, American wood and Brazilian wood.

Slam dunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I hate that radio advert where the precocious child says "This is no ordinary panto...it's a Gaiety panto". If that child is in it, I won't be attending

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement