Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Elmo wrote: »
    Bertie Ahern (AKA Nob Nation) on Spar ad, they don't tell you it Bertie and it isn't a good impression.

:(
    :mad:

I think the reason they dont tell you its bertie is that because its supposed to be Joe Duffy...(according to the radio today, at least) Still an abysmal impression though.

I didn't realise it was Oliver Callan doing it. He should really stick to being a professional Enda Kenny impersonator. On reflection, it is really the only voice he's good at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

That AXA ad. Rep gives the guy a quote, he seems to have some sort of blackout/fit and she re-introduces herself (this is at the end of their conversation, remember) with what sounds like a major sh1t-eating grin in her voice "Hello.. AXA etc here".

Her voice grates on me.

Cannot stand anything with babies in suits or drunken-sounding children (the Chill.ie ad).

Love the new Volkswagen ad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The Partini ad.

"Funtini!"
    "Oopstini!!"
    "Flirtini!!!"

Piss off-tini!!!!!!:mad:

And that ad for the toilet cleaner or air freshener or something with the annoying kid.
    "Mummy, I want to do a poo"
    "I want to do a poo at Paul's house"
    "Im going to do a poo at Paul's"

How much do ye think he is going to get beaten up when he grows up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Here is my top 3.. Will post a new one like every week or something..

1. Just for men
    2. MUtones
    3. cocopops and milk are a bowl full of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The 3 ad about bill capping, etc.

Really pisses me off.

• Advertisement

The 3 ad about bill capping, etc.

Really pisses me off.
    +1

You know what I find completely dumb are the RTE ad's.. ON RTE! WTF? WTF?? Maybe if it was advertising a program like.. I have seen the 'Fuel your imagination' ad about 140 times, And the Lost one once. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

CutzEr wrote: »
    Here is my top 3.. Will post a new one like every week or something..

3. cocopops and milk are a bowl full of fun

+1 on the cocopops I have stabbed my room mates cerealbox too many times also I dont care if it turns the milk chocolately.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

That stupid Airwick ad with the stupid animated penguin housewife!!! What sense does it make??? What idiot came up with that brainwave??? And what even bigger idiots responded with "yeah, talking penguins, that's perfect, let's go with that!"???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The ad where Haughey is on tv in the eighties saying that we are living way beyond our means.

oh jesus that add sends a big cringeworthy shiver up my spine.....****ing insurance company ....."from thing we thought were important to things that are" :eek::eek: aaaaaagh! wheres the remote...immediately!

followed closely by that aib ad with that boring women that spent her whole life in terenure.....if i invest in aib ill really have something to look forward to! lol!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

That new abrakebabra ad really does my head in!!!!
    Its not the ad itself, its the music in it!!! Its so annoying.
    Who cares about abrakebabra! No one goes there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bigal87 wrote: »
    That new abrakebabra ad really does my head in!!!!
    Its not the ad itself, its the music in it!!! Its so annoying.
    Who cares about abrakebabra! No one goes there anyway.

Surely the owners of abrakebabra care and they want people to eat there, hence the advertising no matter how bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think the reason they dont tell you its bertie is that because its supposed to be Joe Duffy...(according to the radio today, at least) Still an abysmal impression though.

I didn't realise it was Oliver Callan doing it. He should really stick to being a professional Enda Kenny impersonator. On reflection, it is really the only voice he's good at.

No way is it Joe Duffy. I am only guessing it is Oliver Callan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Elmo wrote: »
    No way is it Joe Duffy.

The Radio ad for spar features an impersonation of Bertie Ahern as a backbencher. (I haven't seen this on television yet, but of course that doesn't mean it isn't on.) but the TV advert for spar currently running on Irish Telly channels does feature an impersonation of Joe Duffy.
    It was mentioned it in jest the other day on his radio show.

Edit : And yes. They are both very poor impersonations.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The TV advert for spar currently running on Irish Telly channels does feature an impersonation of Joe Duffy. JD mentioned it himself in jest the other day on the radio.

However, The Radio ad for spar features an impersonation of Bertie Ahern as a backbencher. (I haven't seen this on television yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't on.)

Edit : And yes. They are both very poor impersonations.

If the Spar ad that I've seen on tv is a Joe Duffy impersonation then I hope they didn't pay the actor because it sounds vaguely like Bertie but nothing like Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

janeybabe wrote: »
    If the Spar ad that I've seen on tv is a Joe Duffy impersonation then I hope they didn't pay the actor because it sounds vaguely like Bertie but nothing like Joe.

I heard the radio version of this ad today, and it's worse. I think he is trying to be Bertie in that one. More annoying than the telly version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

That Pat the Baker with that fool at the end with that accent going "Its Pat the Baker!!!!".... fair annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

That stupid bloody Car advert with the silly stuffed cushions with painted faces making noises & driving the car :confused: Whats that all about ?

I also find the 'Andrex Toilet pape' advert' very annoying (the one with that stupid little boy in a suit)!

And relax :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jim E. Corkhill

Harvey bloody Norman. Go Harvey, go! Back to Australia! Please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"Tetley Green Tea"
    *clink clink!*

AHHHHH!!
    Grates my head!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the 'Unique' ad.

Brown jackets €30
    Denim combats only €30
    Crappy clothing €25
    Some horrible jeans €40

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

CyberWaste wrote: »
    That Pat the Baker with that fool at the end with that accent going "Its Pat the Baker!!!!".... fair annoying.

That guy is a pure stereotype of a posh dublin student if ever seen one.

The polish guy in the ad is a legend though. "Now Pit iz on hiz vay"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He's not Polish he's from the Ukraine. I work with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Camelot wrote: »
    That stupid bloody Car advert with the silly stuffed cushions with painted faces making noises & driving the car :confused: Whats that all about ?

"Come on!!!!"

F*ck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Rod & Reel

best thing on tv is the ads. only part of the box that is actually good, the rest is load of balls........... im sure when i say this ill get a torrid response from the commuinty but tv in gereral is another mans imagagination same as the ads but at least they put an effort in to what they are selling. progammes that air are just an addict personality of the adiunce. corrie eastenders etc, there bull.... a load of nonsence driven at an audience who are to lazy to get off there arses and use there own imagination.

think back to 500 hundred yrs ago or more if u care, u think if they had tv we'd have the thec we have today. would we fcuk. they wuouldnt give a 1/2 about us which i think can be true of todays standard.

at least the ads are driven at a market, the tv progammes aired to promote the market of ads that it is driven at.

if there was no ads there would be no tv. lience fee wouldnt pay for it nor near it.

so next time take more care in ur chioce of programme as its audince is designed to sell the ads. not make entertain u as u may think.

happy advent............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Funnily enough, there was an ad for tinfoil hats just on ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Taking the bread back to Poland no doubt, same as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Hahah,Pat the Baker PC ad containing travelers, female sports players, sober students, Polskis... :rolleyes:

I HATE that ad for is it Barrys tea? *And I texted, is this a date? And he replied, I don't know... is it?*

Her smug D4 voice, her face, her teeth! ARGH! I want to slap her. :mad: Look lady, no one cares about your stupid boring story about your stupid boring boyfriend. What the hell has it got to do with tea?

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I HATE that ad for is it Barrys tea? *And I texted, is this a date? And he replied, I don't know... is it?*

Her smug D4 voice, her face, her teeth! ARGH! I want to slap her. :mad: Look lady, no one cares about your stupid boring story about your stupid boring boyfriend. What the hell has it got to do with tea?

Don't ya mean "is this a dayss" "I don't know, is isss?" Really irritating voice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zsoltee

Hi y'all,
    how are we? so i'm a hungarian guy who watching that show and what i wanna say: I love it! that was the first time when i saw her ( 23.01.2009.). And actually i'm not irish but i love her and she always make me laugh.
    And who doesn't know that : she is irish.
    Thats the first time when i'd like 2 see every talkshow where she in. so if u have some comment just write it and we'll discuss whats wrong whats good.
    Anyway be good Lucy! And best regards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

There's just been an ad on for Cadbury's featuring what appears to be two special needs children with unfortunate facial twitches.

It made me uncomfortable, and not a little queasy. Can we have the drumming gorilla back please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement