Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The vodafone ad with the dog and his owner.

Christ almighty Vodafone do come up with some sh1t adverts both the dog owner and the prick doing the voice over deserve a good belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Panadol Extra ad with the 3 middle aged women going to see their favourite band, dressed in their designer clobber. Did some highly paid ad company exec seriously think that one up, oversee its production, view the finished article and think "Yes, that's perfect"? Honestly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

Ray Winston telling people he 'gaambols responsibly' while getting paid by a gambling company to get people to gamble irresponsibly is just bollox.
    But the worst ad i've seen or heard of in a long time is the 'Vanarama' add sung to the tune of 'sing Hossana'. Now I'm not religious in any way but if God wants to strike down the inventor of that add with Thunder and Lightening I've no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The obviously dubbed-over ad for Saniflow.
    "Your house looks great"
    "Thaaaaaaanks".
    Ugh, it grinds my gears.

The Creme Egg ad with the fella talking in the mirror.
    I find most of the Cadbury ads stupid, not funny at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Cheep-purr, the energia ad is so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Apache Pizza- kill it with fire!!!

Sounds wrote: »
    oh yea some clown, found a gluten free lightbulb lol

the milf he was following around the shop though.....noice!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

seachto7 wrote: »
    The panadol ad with the "girlzzzzzz" and the "Hi I'm Celia Holman Lee and I've had laser eye surgery...."

Yes panadol!! I've a thumping headache so I'll take pills and go to a loud concert... Bitch, please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Adverts I dispise is this one below, and it will appear again at the end of february. It is an advert of pure horse-sh!t of which will be repeated soon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That one where your one is thinking about paying the heating bill

Just f*ck off :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Opel Corsa one where the father is trying to get his daughter's boyfriend to bring his car for a spin but instead he brings the Corsa which has all the same features.

But I think the main reason he refused is because her father looks like a super villain that might be trying to kill him and has set a trap in the car, the whole 'it has the same features' is just a flimsy excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The Grant boiler ad where they're all sitting freezing their t1ts off and wearing scarves indoors, before they decide, sod it, let's go over to grandad's for some warmth. Sweet suffering Jebus, who comes up with this rubbish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That Opel Corsa one where the father is trying to get his daughter's boyfriend to bring his car for a spin but instead he brings the Corsa which has all the same features.

But I think the main reason he refused is because her father looks like a super villain that might be trying to kill him and has set a trap in the car, the whole 'it has the same features' is just a flimsy excuse.

The whole premise is stupid. If the dads car was in anyway decent, he'd be cautious about lending the car to anyone, not pushing the boyfriend into driving it.

The ad that really annoys me is that smug dentist who I want to punch everytime I see him. "People go "Oh my sensitivity has come back, and I go 'are you still using the sensitive toothpaste and they go no, because my sensitivity went away, so I go, well keep using your sensitive toothpaste. Now, that'll be 120 euros please for that bit of advice".

syklops wrote: »
    The whole premise is stupid. If the dads car was in anyway decent, he'd be cautious about lending the car to anyone, not pushing the boyfriend into driving it.

Exactly and the fact he's such an oily f*cker too, wouldn't be surprised if there was a few bodies buried on that nice manor of his.

fussyonion wrote: »

I find that one really creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I find that one really creepy!

I think he's meant to be creepy. Some kind of reverse psychology thing but it only conveys to me that socially inept weirdos love Creme Eggs.

I can't stand the one for some mobile game where Christoph Waltz narrates a row between a brother and sister from behind their couch. Has his career turned that bad???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Originally Posted by fussyonion View Post

I cant help wondering if they are trying to make the guy look like Raj from the Big Bang Theory.

Creme Egg ads are always stupid though. They have about 9 months to come up with a decent ad, and they are always pathetic. They dont even need to put a lot of effort into it, just say "Creme Egg, on sale from the 5th of March".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Hey Abbie The Kitchen plus one. God that mother is some tool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I hate that radio advert where the precocious child says "This is no ordinary panto...it's a Gaiety panto". If that child is in it, I won't be attending

An ad for the Gaiety panto having an obnoxious Billy Barry style brat in it?

Gosh, what are the odds? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Has anybody heard the PRTB ad on the radio? The bit where there's a Pakistani Northern Irish sounding bloke. And he got paid to put on that weird accent. You'll know it when you hear it. There's hope yet of me winning an Oscar someday.

And all the Deagostini ads where they flash in small writing at the start that the issues are normally €12.99 but not saying it before putting up at the end in larger bolded writing that Issue one will be €1.50 and also saying it. Blatantly trying to dupe people. Like the Ford Mustang ad has 100 issues. It'll cost over €1,000 to build a model car. Pfftt. Feck that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

sligeach wrote: »
    And all the Deagostini ads where they flash in small writing at the start that the issues are normally €12.99 but not saying it before putting up at the end in larger bolded writing that Issue one will be €1.50 and also saying it. Blatantly trying to dupe people. Like the Ford Mustang ad has 100 issues. It'll cost over €1,000 to build a model car. Pfftt. Feck that!

Got to be one of the biggest cons going!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

That one where your one is thinking about paying the heating bill

Just f*ck off :mad:

Ordinarily I would hate this ad, but because she has a sort of Aldi version of Felicity Smoak thing going on, with the hipster specs, the pony tail and the laptop, I find myself torn... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The health insurance ads, trying to be all cuddly and caring. I'd prefer if they said "just give us the money".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That new Coca Cola ad, the one with the two brothers in it. Who signed off on that one, FFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I saw this hideous ad in the cinema the other day

BOI or AIB - 2 hipster folk talking pukesvillngly about their trip to Finland which they got a loan from the bank for. There is nothing as boring as listening to 2 hipster folk going on about their holiday and showing us their holiday pics/film. It's horrendous and I am embarrassed for the hipster couple in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

amdublin wrote: »
    I saw this hideous ad in the cinema the other day

BOI or AIB - 2 hipster folk talking pukesvillngly about their trip to Finland which they got a loan from the bank for. There is nothing as boring as listening to 2 hipster folk going on about their holiday and showing us their holiday pics/film. It's horrendous and I am embarrassed for the hipster couple in it.

Saw that one in the cinema myself last week. It'd be grand if it was shorter- it must be 2 mins long and by the end I was like "yeah. Great. You went to Finland. WE GET IT."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That national lottery one with the fat-arsed dude in the camouflage outfit has surfaced again.

Annoys me big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

That Wind Energy one that lifts JFK's Ireland Visit speech over shots of various people and places. It's an OK ad but it looks like a grubby hearts and minds grab to soften up peple for the invasion of the wind turbines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The JFK speech one is awful. So bloody unrelated to Wind Turbines I don't know how they managed to relate them. Every time I reach the end of that add and see the message about the power we import and Wind Turbines I have a second of "Wait What?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement