Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cheep-Purrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Vodafone TV:

Pet pig interrupts an elderly man trying to score with his 2-3 decade younger lady companion.

Just a regular day in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

That Apache pizza ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

blueser wrote: »
    That new Coca Cola ad, the one with the two brothers in it. Who signed off on that one, FFS?

Only thinking yesterday about this myself, awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That national lottery one with the fat-arsed dude in the camouflage outfit has surfaced again.

Annoys me big time.
    Not to mention the gobsh1te meditating on top of a mountain. "But you CAN check your numbers?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I normally like Specsavers ads. They're funny and witty and usually get a laugh.

But that Specsavers ad with the fitness instructor going into the old folks home has been running for what feels like a good three years. I laughed out loud the first time saw it just because of the shock value of elderly people and the dancing moves. But three years on and perhaps hundreds of views later it really needs to be canned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I normally like Specsavers ads. They're funny and witty and usually get a laugh.

But that Specsavers ad with the fitness instructor going into the old folks home has been running for what feels like a good three years. I laughed out loud the first time I saw it just because of the shock value of elderly people and the dancing moves. But three years on and perhaps hundreds of views later it really needs to be canned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Muahahaha wrote: »

But that Specsavers ad with the fitness instructor going into the old folks home has been running for what feels like a good three years. I laughed out loud the first time I saw it just because of the shock value of elderly people and the dancing moves. But three years on and perhaps hundreds of views later it really needs to be canned.
    Not sure if it's showing on Irish telly yet, but there's a new Specsavers ad out with John Cleese recreating the Fawlty Towers scene where he's beating his car with a branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The new Vodafone pig add where he brings a woman around, he's so offputting, like he's a junkie or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Thargor wrote: »
    The new Vodafone pig add where he brings a woman around, he's so offputting, like he's a junkie or something.

Head on him like a hollowed out turnip.

Looks more like a goon who would more used to World of Warcraft or something rather than entertaining some poor female.

Creepy gimp.:eek:

• Advertisement

And yer one, "Hello Sue!", so disingenuous and ott, sounds like the way you say hello to a teddy bear when a child introduces it to you.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

amdublin wrote: »
    I saw this hideous ad in the cinema the other day

BOI or AIB - 2 hipster folk talking pukesvillngly about their trip to Finland which they got a loan from the bank for. There is nothing as boring as listening to 2 hipster folk going on about their holiday and showing us their holiday pics/film. It's horrendous and I am embarrassed for the hipster couple in it.

Saw it in the cinema last Sunday.It seems to go on forever and its about three quarters of the way in that we find out what its even for (AIB).I hate the smug laugh yer wan gives at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does anyone actually secure a loan and go into debt just for a holiday? That just sounds incredibly stupid to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

syklops wrote: »
    Creme Egg ads are always stupid though. They have about 9 months to come up with a decent ad, and they are always pathetic. They dont even need to put a lot of effort into it, just say "Creme Egg, on sale from the 5th of March".

I wouldn't say the "Here Today, Goo Tomorrow" ads were pathetic... :o:o;)

Muahahaha wrote: »

Yep, they've pretty much run it into the ground by now.

I prefer the sheepdog ad, anyway. :o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

blueser wrote: »
    Not sure if it's showing on Irish telly yet, but there's a new Specsavers ad out with John Cleese recreating the Fawlty Towers scene where he's beating his car with a branch.

It's absolutely terrible, some things, in fact, everything that happened in the 70's should be left in the 70's:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Vodafone TV:

Pet pig interrupts an elderly man trying to score with his 2-3 decade younger lady companion.

Just a regular day in Ireland.

That ad is so wrong on so many levels (a) great idea having a pig in the gaff now that swine flu is on the loose again and (b) would the pig not be shyting all over the house.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

That ad is so wrong on so many levels (a) great idea having a pig in the gaff now that swine flu is on the loose again and (b) would the pig not be shyting all over the house.

Actually, piglets as pets are becoming bizarrely more common, apparently, despite the vast majority of animal welfare societies suggesting that their not suitable due to their specific needs.

Besides that, it's also clearly a sequel from the first advert in any case.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The AIB ad featuring that precocious little bollox is back again

A more satisfactory conclusion to it would be if the old woman next door brings out the football then sticks a knife into it and then says 'If you try that again you'll be the one getting knifed, Understand? now f*ck off'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Netflix and swill.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That ad for Drunk History on Comedy Central is doing my head in. And it's on all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Wilberto wrote: »
    Actually, piglets as pets are becoming bizarrely more common, apparently, despite the vast majority of animal welfare societies suggesting that their not suitable due to their specific needs.

Besides that, it's also clearly a sequel from the first advert in any case.

A squequel. /gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Chivers jam ad with "Dod" and his lost keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

That weapon shouting "Michael!"

The creme egg creepy lad...egg? That's a beautiful name!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The Trivago ad where the woman explains what Trivago does and how to use the website, step by step.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Ireland's favorite soup, made by a french dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The Ad showing in the cinema by the financial institution with the hipster couple who took a loan out with the bank and went to somewhere like Iceland on their jollies. It goes on for hours.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

marwelie wrote: »
    The Ad showing in the cinema by the financial institution with the hipster couple who took a loan out with the bank and went to somewhere like Iceland on their jollies. It goes on for hours.....

Yeah, any ad where hipsters intersect with banking is particularly odious. Worse again if it's not mercifully short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Robsweezie wrote: »

I heard her screeching voice coming from another room, I thought it was that ad where the dumb man (yet again) who can't do diy was back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

fricatus wrote: »
    Yeah, any ad where hipsters intersect with banking is particularly odious. Worse again if it's not mercifully short.
    Kind of makes you hope for another economic crash to wipe them out. :)

Regards...jmcc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement