Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Those Rachel and Steve ads really are tiresome at this stage, hopefully the next one features that Hipster fella up the mountain with a shovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

oh jesus, just caught the start oof the first vodafone ad, the man looks about 40 auld grey beard on him, he sounds like a murderer when he says at the start "emm what would she like to watch" and yer one sounds a bit scared when shes clocks that sue is in fact a pig and not his daughter, i dont know why she didnt make her excuses their and then. whats the auld git at anyway kepping a pig the same way as he would a dog or cat, i have a dog and he dosent even get his snout inside the back door! is he going back to ireland in the landless labourer famine times? family and pig share living quaters?!

the second installment is brutal too, the mother looks a right aul battle axe wading in, poor girl gt quite the onslaught from the family, thought the mother was going to deck her for a second

oh jesus, just caught the start oof the first vodafone ad, the man looks about 40 auld grey beard on him, he sounds like a murderer when he says at the start "emm what would she like to watch" and yer one sounds a bit scared when shes clocks that sue is in fact a pig and not his daughter, i dont know why she didnt make her excuses their and then. whats the auld git at anyway kepping a pig the same way as he would a dog or cat, i have a dog and he dosent even get his snout inside the back door! is he going back to ireland in the landless labourer famine times? family and pig share living quaters?!

the second installment is brutal too, the mother looks a right aul battle axe wading in, poor girl gt quite the onslaught from the family, thought the mother was going to deck her for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

What age are you that you think of a 40 year old as an "auld git"?

ah hes not auld but just an annoying head on him, it was just a term of endearment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Dickie10 wrote: »
    ah hes not auld but just an annoying head on him, it was just a term of endearment

I figured. I just felt old...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That infernal Dublin airport parking ad - 'Robert
    running through the airport to meet his love who is waiting there for him....can't wait to sink into
    her two litre bosom'!!!! Lolololol!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 IllBeGrand

There's a chicken ad on TV with cute animated chickens describing how this particular brand of drumstick or something comes from one whole chicken and not bits of various chickens.

Creepy and off putting with the anthropomorphic animated chickens. I dont want to think about the product coming from cute chickens!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The woman who is backing brave has an incredibly annoying voice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

In the Vodafone ad with the pig the guy actually looks older than his mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Thargor wrote: »
    In the Vodafone ad with the pig the guy actually looks older than his mother.

Big flat head on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The screen shot I have right now is amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Attachment didn't work basically I have a vodafone pop up ad (touch version of the site) with yer man and the pig laughing away. Kinda looks like they're laughing at the comments here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The Steve and Rachel ad is making me even madder. Are they 15??? Why are an annoying 15 year old couple in a house on their own??? Where are there parents?

Your man in the Vodafone/sue ad is fine imo. It's the girl and the way she pushes her face out when she meets the mam that I can't look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Any ad calling children kids and the little ******* trying to talk with American accents even though they have set foot in the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The creepy age gap in the Vodafone ad unnerves me!

mansize wrote: »
    The creepy age gap in the Vodafone ad unnerves me!

????

He's about 40 or early 40s and she looks* mid to late 30's imo.

What age do you think they look

*Admittedly she acts about 5 when she meets the sister and mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

amdublin wrote: »
    ????

He's about 40 or early 40s and she looks* mid to late 30's imo.

What age do you think they look

*Admittedly she acts about 5 when she meets the sister and mam.

55 vs 25 imo.... the guy looks older than my old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The current 'Aldi - weight loss' campaign is odd...

Woman stands on scales.... not happy
    Disrobes, removes bulky jewelry..... still not happy.
    Drops heavy purse.... happy!

The purse was last to go..
    So, it was either:
    - glued/taped to her body.
    - or wedged within the vast expanses of her lady-garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Those Rachel and Steve ads really are tiresome at this stage, hopefully the next one features that Hipster fella up the mountain with a shovel.

That Rachel one is hot, maybe in the next one she drops Steve for the neighbour.

ah yer man in vodafone is around 40, he has a fair good thick head of hair but he really could look better for his age, he looks like a farmer or fisherman with all the wrinkles and lines but he needs to give up on the hipster look, cut the hair shorter and get rid of the beard and wear shirts he would look a bit younger. shes def 28-34

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

55 vs 25 imo.... the guy looks older than my old man.
    I'm 53, and take it from me; no way is he two years older than me. Late 30's/early 40's, I would say. And she's probably early 30s.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    ah yer man in vodafone is around 40, he has a fair good thick head of hair but he really could look better for his age, he looks like a farmer or fisherman with all the wrinkles and lines but he needs to give up on the hipster look, cut the hair shorter and get rid of the beard and wear shirts he would look a bit younger. shes def 28-34

Looks like a MOD SNIP to me, big flat head on him, hair like an MBA graduate out of UCC, peg like a bookies biro.

Where in forks name did they dig that MOD SNIP out of??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone watching Room to Improve? Its sponsored by Steve and Rachel with 2 Steve and Rachel ads during the break itself, fooking torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone watching Room to Improve? Its sponsored by Steve and Rachel with 2 Steve and Rachel ads during the break itself, fooking torture.

Rachel and Steve...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

MOD SNIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

MOD SNIP

He used to do that travel programme with Baz. I reckon he's mid-forties.

He used to do that travel programme with Baz. I reckon he's mid-forties.

With Baz😁

It's getting worse. MOD SNIP

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement