Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Anyone else notice they were having netflix and chill too? ;)

That Lidl/ladies football ad really annoys me. It's just an ad complaining that men get more coverage etc than the women. Such a chip on their shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Dude MOD SNIP
    pres_michael.jpg

also...
    "For more information on the Mark, Baz and Michael log on to their Bebo sites"

aah Bebo.... thems were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

mod:

Cool the jets on the personal comments about the Vodafone guy. It's getting offensive.

No more about his age or his looks thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Rachel and Steve- That is all.

Although Rachel is absolutely gorgeous I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MOD SNIP

Off topic

golfball37 wrote: »
    Rachel and Steve- That is all.

Although Rachel is absolutely gorgeous I have to say.

WTF? She's cross eyed and a centre parting is rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

WTF? She's cross eyed and a centre parting is rank.

Thats her made to look bad I can only imagine what she looks like done up.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Thats her made to look bad I can only imagine what she looks like done up.

True, that ad would put ya off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Back on topic please

Adverts we don't like (not whether or not we like rachel)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Cant stand the radio ad for one of the supermarkets. Ian Dempsey (I think) reading out the price of spuds or something and some incredulous oul one in the background shouting 'Incredible' 'Get Away' 'Shut up'.

Makes me want to oil up the Semi Automatic and take a trip into TodayFM.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Mods a getting all uppity as usual. Time to unfollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

lertsnim wrote: »
    The woman who is backing brave has an incredibly annoying voice

I've posted this previously but it always sounds like she's saying "Bravenose" rather than "Brave knows". Meet Bravenose, the fearless nasal superhero.....

Ask anyone in financial difficulty how they feel about AIB's "bravery" campaign and I'm sure you'll get a very swift and short reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yes the lidl ad with the aul one is terrible she actually sounds quite a rude aul wagon trying to be a culchie, does anyone really say get up the yard, and then good man yourself! id say rachel is got, there trying to make her look like a square so imagine her done up well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yep thought the lidl ladies football ad was well over the top, i mean it shows monaghon vs galway in portlaise and theres a bigger crowd at it than there would be at a monaghon v galway mens championship qualifier! although nearly every one of the women in it are like little models, very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The lady footballers advertising ladies personal products. I find it embarrassing, or perhaps I'm just a prudish oul one.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Net Bet ad that's on before every 3pm Premier League match on Setanta Sports, I've to lower the sound down as people might assume I'm watching something else :D, proper childish for that time in the afternoon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The "Snackarchist" who daring breaks all societal rules and ends up with a meat snack. To quote a press release
    "Saatchi & Saatchi London,... said: “The list of greats that broke the rules just got one bigger – Mahatma Gandhi, Rosa Parks, Aung San Suu Kyi…The Mattessons Snackarchist. Nobody tells them what to chew.”"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Manach wrote: »
    The "Snackarchist" who daring breaks all societal rules and ends up with a meat snack. To quote a press release
    "Saatchi & Saatchi London,... said: “The list of greats that broke the rules just got one bigger – Mahatma Gandhi, Rosa Parks, Aung San Suu Kyi…The Mattessons Snackarchist. Nobody tells them what to chew.”"

Ah no that's a good ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The Suzuki ads featuring Ant and Dec that are showing in the UK at the present time. They really do irritate me, possibly because I find those two "celebrities" to be one (two?) of the most annoying people on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new Guinness ad.

It's on constantly, they used the same piece of music that Heineken uses in their Rugby based ad campaign and they seem to want to link Guinness to things it would have had absolutely zero connection to and pretend like Guinness is a drink of tolerance and unlike their other ads like their "Good things come to those who wait" may have been pretentious but there was a genuine link between the product and the idea behind the ad.

Admittedly all advertising is effectively lies but Guinness do it in such a pretentious manner it's just pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Uh-oh, looks like Meteor are advertising again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Vodafone TV ad.

''Aaaahhh Suuuue''

Techmaster wrote: »
    Vodafone TV ad.

''Aaaahhh Suuuue''
    The original ad where our hero finds "Sue" out in the arse end of nowhere was okay-ish. But these spin off ads are beginning to grate. "Are you expecting anyone Sue?", as if the pig is going to answer; "well Mary; I've actually invited a few of my porcine friends over for cocktails and canapés. You don't mind, do you?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

All of them. I have a hobby of investigating psychology and I can see straight off the manipulation in any ad that is selling a product. Reallllllly gets on my nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

The sooner vodafone Sue ends up as a roast pork loin the better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

blueser wrote: »
    The original ad where our hero finds "Sue" out in the arse end of nowhere was okay-ish. But these spin off ads are beginning to grate. "Are you expecting anyone Sue?", as if the pig is going to answer; "well Mary; I've actually invited a few of my porcine friends over for cocktails and canapés. You don't mind, do you?"

So, I guess you've never seen people talk to their pets then?

I genuinely don't mind that ad though. That said, it's getting to be a little bit overplayed now, albeit still nowhere near as overplayed as the McDonald's ad was.

Wilberto wrote: »
    So, I guess you've never seen people talk to their pets then?

I genuinely don't mind that ad though. That said, it's getting to be a little bit overplayed now, albeit still nowhere near as overplayed as the McDonald's ad was.
    You hit the nail on the head with "overplayed". Everyone talks to their pets; I used to when I had dogs (got more sense out of the dogs than I did a lot of humans!). But after the first dozen times, it does begin to wear a bit thin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

blueser wrote: »

That would improve the ad immensely. :D

That and the cheep purr rubbish are among my least favourite ads.

And the AIB ones with the 'backing brave' breathy voice, and the young lad going around asking questions of various adults.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement