Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What's Central America then? Just wondering, like.

According to wikipedia it depends who you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭dee_mc

In the wonderful Vodafone 'Sue' ads, is yer man's mammy played by the actress who played Siobhan the vet in Ballykissangel back in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

syklops wrote: »

Haiti
    Honduras
    Barbados
    Jamaica
    Mexico
    Trinidad
    Panama.

[snip]

And from Dublin you can fly to precisely none of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:

Can we get over the Vodafone/pigman/Suuue obsession please!

Specifically: less of the personal abuse/personal comment about the fella who plays pigman. ...his age...his appearance...etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

I've just found this topic ! Stay tuned! So many!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

inthehat wrote: »
    Yea I agree - the ad is so annoying - but you've got to love the cat. It has to be the best cat-actor ever. Watch the scowl and the way it flicks one ear, and then the other, just as the ad ends.

Hmm...

Anyway, those poxy Bord Gais ads. Now, I didn't reeealy mind the one with the 'Do giraffes eat cake?' chick as she's kinda foxy but the new one with the baby is the absolute pits.

"Now, we're on" (Six Million Dollar Man noise). Feck off!

And from Dublin you can fly to precisely none of those.

From Dublin you can fly directly to none of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hence precluding the possibility of pre clearance. So, we're back to the original point.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

Would it be true to say one in thirty ad's are good, clever, amusing ? Club orange ad with the Spanish guy is bad.

That Bord Gáis ad with the woman and her baby is doing my head in, and the stupid voice the narrator uses. :mad:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get the Carroll's ham ad....though I guess it's doing a good job if it has people talking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Lidl "no need to go loco if you've given up the cocoa"

Lidl: Have YOU given up cocoa and chocolate? Don't worry you can still eat all this sh1te
    You: Eh no I've given up SUGAR which is sky high in all of your icecream, tarts, and cheesecakes you're singing about
    Lidl: la la la la lahhhhh digs in fork
    You: Oh shut up would you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I can't believe that Lucozade ad hasn't been mentioned here yet. Not sure what it is about it but the whole smug half Scottish accent of yer man narrating it is pretty awful and then there's yer wan sitting at an office desk at the end who lipsync's the narrator saying "niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice", she looks like the last person in the world who I'd expect to drink Lucozade

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I can't believe that Lucozade ad hasn't been mentioned here yet. Not sure what it is about it but the whole smug half Scottish accent of yer man narrating it is pretty awful and then there's yer wan sitting at an office desk at the end who lipsync's the narrator saying "niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice", she looks like the last person in the world who I'd expect to drink Lucozade

Aw, I like that ad. The guy who falls off the threadmill in the gym is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

From Dublin you can fly directly to two of those destinations, Mexico and Jamaica.

Someone should really contact the advertising regulatory authorities though.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭edber2011

I agree,she looks like a woman that "fran the man"should have out the alley.
    When she says niiiiiiiice its the stuff of nightmares.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Jaysus I agreed with you, but I don't agree with your extreme personal abuse for absolutely no reason. Sometimes nothings better than the ignore list.

I apologise. I actually came back to delete that comment but you'd already seen it and commented. Truely I am sorry, thats not normally how I roll. I'm not a morning person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

In the longer version theres a bit with a guy serving people at a kebab shop or something like that and hes twirling those metal food handling thong things causing bits of food to fly around the place,puts me right off my lunch.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

That little **** from the AIB ad..."I have my own bike and I'm not afraid of hard work."

And that creme egg ad....just creepy. Not funny at all.

The New Supermacs one with Pat McDonagh and Sean O'Brien going on about the beef quality in their new 5 oz burger, pure cringe.

Seems a bit excessive with the only USP being they don't freeze the burger.

I also hate that bord gais ad with the hipster baking....we'll give you 100 euro back.

Ehhhh...so basically I'm lending bord gais 100 euro? WHY?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Not quite a tv advert but that short intro to Tonight with Vincent Browne where we see Vincent Browne sitting beside what looks like someone's bedside staring silently at the camera with a slightly Mona Lisa-like hint of a smile on his face. It all looks a bit spooky to be honest. Can't figure out the significance of it all.

• Advertisement

Always! Nothing can stand in my way, cause I'm a strong woman goalkeeper - last shot of course of a woman jumping in the air, legs apart, in white shorts. We get it. No leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tippman1 wrote: »
    Not quite a tv advert but that short intro to Tonight with Vincent Browne where we see Vincent Browne sitting beside what looks like someone's bedside staring silently at the camera with a slightly Mona Lisa-like hint of a smile on his face. It all looks a bit spooky to be honest. Can't figure out the significance of it all.

That shot was originally the closing shot of a much longer ad promoting TV3 and all their offerings. The began showing clips of Ireland AM, then Midday, then the TV3 news then Red Rock and then that shot of Vincent at the end signifying the end of the day as his show is on at 11pm.

Agree with you that it does look spooky but its Vincent so its kinda funny. You just know he is moaning at the director for asking him to even do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Always! Nothing can stand in my way, cause I'm a strong woman goalkeeper - last shot of course of a woman jumping in the air, legs apart, in white shorts. We get it. No leaks.
    That ad is so weird, the empty stadium, the sh1t music etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm not a fan of that LIDLY women's football add myself. You'd think with technology they'd fill out the stadium. It's bad enugh that the grounds are fairly empty in reality but it kind of detracts from the point of the ad in my mind to see empty stands!

It's an annoying ad in general though. It comes across as whingy and all I end up thinking is "We put as much work into our training and matches as the guys but nobody comes to see us", which was exactly what I always thught when ladyball was shown on the news anyway. I'm not a sports nut so won't be going to see either the girls or the boys play so it's lost on me in general anyway.

squonk wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of that LIDLY women's football add myself. You'd think with technology they'd fill out the stadium. It's bad enugh that the grounds are fairly empty in reality but it kind of detracts from the point of the ad in my mind to see empty stands!

It's an annoying ad in general though. It comes across as whingy and all I end up thinking is "We put as much work into our training and matches as the guys but nobody comes to see us", which was exactly what I always thught when ladyball was shown on the news anyway. I'm not a sports nut so won't be going to see either the girls or the boys play so it's lost on me in general anyway.

EXACTLY the same feelings as me. Thought I was the only one. "we just need what every player needs, support". Crying inequality.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah the Lidl ad is a bit daft, but its got Sinead Goldrick at the end of it *swoon*

2014-09-25_new_3557213_I1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"I genuinely, genuinely, believe we are going to win today. I am a hundred per cent convinced we will win."

"I genuinely, genuinely, believe we are going to win today. I am a hundred per cent convinced we will win."

"I want it more than anyting"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

"I want it more than anyting"

I'd love to get a hammer a a few six inch nails and nail that lads nutpurse to the dressing room wall.

What an absolute plonker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I'd love to get a hammer a a few six inch nails and nail that lads nutpurse to the dressing room wall.

What an absolute plonker.

I read this in his voice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement