Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

2fivers wrote: »
    There's just been an ad on for Cadbury's featuring what appears to be two special needs children with unfortunate facial twitches.

It made me uncomfortable, and not a little queasy. Can we have the drumming gorilla back please?

I just saw that! I thought it was cool if a little freaky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

- Found the new cadburys ad to be a bit odd. Didn't really enjoy it. But it certainly gets your attention and gets you talking about cadburys.

- Just saw an ad for Pat the Baker which I had never seen before. All this people singing the PtB song. Hated the ad.

- "I want to do a poo in Paul's house". The person who came up with this ad should be fired. The person who signed off on it should be fired. The company who thought this would be a good ad for their company need to stop doing business with their current advertising agency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

amdublin wrote: »
    - Found the new cadburys ad to be a bit odd. Didn't really enjoy it. But it certainly gets your attention and gets you talking about cadburys.

Granted, I was moved to talk about it, but I doubt that "queasy" , "Freaky" "uncomfortable" & "not enjoyable" were the words that Mr Cadbury wanted associated with his product when he signed off on the budget.

Even if it was, Just talking about it isn't quite enough anymore .

F'rinstance, I enjoyed the original Gorilla ad, and no matter where you went someone was talking about it, (in mostly glowing terms) but cadbury sales plummeted against their main rivals while it was running.

(Disturbingly, It DID manage to increase sales of Phil Collins greatest hits tho...)

I didn't mind the other ads, the gorilla ones and the racing one with Don't Stop Me Now as the theme. But I just saw this one now and I was if asked how I felt after it I could only answer "squeamish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I hate the one for some early morning show on sky news where this guy with a ridiculous sense of importance says "what would I do if I was in government? *dramatic pause, look straight at the camera* I'd resign!" It really annoys me for some reason!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Stop swearing and using crude language. Post deleted per moderation policy. Infraction issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

yerayeah wrote: »
    I hate the one for some early morning show on sky news where this guy with a ridiculous sense of importance says "what would I do if I was in government? *dramatic pause, look straight at the camera* I'd resign!" It really annoys me for some reason!

The may be due to the ad dressing up Rupert Murdock's opinion as an advert for sky news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

zsoltee wrote: »
    Hi y'all,
    how are we? so i'm a hungarian guy who watching that show and what i wanna say: I love it! that was the first time when i saw her ( 23.01.2009.). And actually i'm not irish but i love her and she always make me laugh.
    And who doesn't know that : she is irish.
    Thats the first time when i'd like 2 see every talkshow where she in. so if u have some comment just write it and we'll discuss whats wrong whats good.
    Anyway be good Lucy! And best regards!

Hi Lucy *waves*

I think your looking for this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055463471 to defend your (dire) show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

There's a really annoying ad for Just for Men hair dye running at the moment, in which two children encourage their single father to dye his hair and to get laid. Really, really odd.

europerson wrote: »
    There's a really annoying ad for Just for Men hair dye running at the moment, in which two children encourage their single father to dye his hair and to get laid. Really, really odd.

It's just weird. The little girls encourage him to find a woman and then he leaves them alone to go on a date and texts them a photo. There's not one bit of it that is in any way normal!

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    It's just weird. The little girls encourage him to find a woman and then he leaves them alone to go on a date and texts them a photo. There's not one bit of it that is in any way normal!

Covered in depth.
    Anyone else want to die when that ad for 'Just for Men' comes on?

It's so American, Two little girls saying, "It's time dad...you could be a real catch for someone". Cue him out with some young one texting them pictures. Barf.

jor el wrote: »
    And then he leaves the two of them at home, alone, while he goes off to shag the new bird, with his big boot polish head on him. They're like, six years old. That's irresponsible parenting that is.
    The really horrible part is, the message of the advertisement seems to be

"Your very young children, who you would expect to love their parents unconditionally, are prematurely neurotic to the point that they approach you and request that you artificially alter your physical appearance with chemicals to conform with modern society's idea of what is attractive"

Next step facial plastic surgery and a penis enhancement, for 'esteem issues'. God bless America.

Covered in depth.

I apologise for adding my own opinions.

The AIB ad that has all the different people from their previous ads in it is strange because some of the voices are weird. Consistency people!

janeybabe wrote: »
    I apologise for adding my own opinions.
    Apology accepted.

The Today FM infomercials currently running are annoying me at the moment. Particularly Ray D'Arcy's, which, in between Ray pontificating on how Teamwork has made his radio show great, features two seperate video clips of him asking questions on the Odd one out quiz.

I think it means that Today FM's publicity dept. assume that the most important part of D'arcy's show is the bit where some barely literate, "mad" data processor from Termonfeckin tries to spot the odd one out from :
    A) John Lennon
    B) Paul McCartney, and
    C) A Potato
    in an attempt to win some clothes.

Depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

amdublin wrote: »

I've seen it twice and have to say it actually creeped me out the first time. Don't like it at all. I'm not sure how they expect people to react to two kids with facial twitches convorting away to some weird french techno soundtrack, but I certainly wouldn't be too pressed to buy cadburys after it.
    "I want to do a poo in Paul's house". The person who came up with this ad should be fired. The person who signed off on it should be fired. The company who thought this would be a good ad for their company need to stop doing business with their current advertising agency.

Can these companies please stop putting children in adverts? Its not clever and (this advert being a perfect example) its highly ****ing irritating. Please use kittens, puppies, cows (anything thats genuinely cute) rather than some parents ugly spawn wrecking all of our heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The Danone Activia ads with Nell McAndrew.

God, I *hate* her voice.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=lFDwmV41lHE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

probably been ,entioned before but the specsavers ad with the woman singing in italian drives me up the walls.i want to hurt someone/something when it comes on.

love the new carling with the mates on the spaceship and he gets refused for wearing runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Great thread this.

Defo that kid who wants to do a poo at Pauls place. Nearly as bad as the similar onef rom a few months back with some brat on the loo holding his nose going "it stinks in here". Both ads advertising a similar product.

That one for the Focus with an orchestra using bits of the car as musical instruments. Yeah right..

That latest Cadbury one is freaky..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anybody who likes the new Cadbury's ad needs some taste. I also hate the Garnier ad with grey haired mum in the background. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The new cadburys ad is terrible. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I saw it 2 more times last night and think thats all I can take of it. The gorilla was something different. The airport race was also tolerable and kind of cool the first time you saw it. But this ad is just a complete failure. It would be alright if it was maybe shown only during daytime tv where it would appeal to kids, but as an adult watching it, I just want to throw up when I hear the first few seconds of it coming on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

There's just been an ad on for Cadbury's featuring what appears to be two special needs children with unfortunate facial twitches.

It made me uncomfortable, and not a little queasy. Can we have the drumming gorilla back please?

I changed the channel when it came on today. That's the first time I've EVER done that for an ad. Ever. That advertisment makes me ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE Q102 AD.

OMFG the most annoying advert EVER.

Seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I've actually just told 'em that I've changed the channel. Told 'em Im not buying anymore cadbury schweppes products and all.

http://www.cadbury.com/Pages/ContactUs.aspx

THAT'S how much I dislike this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

anyone of the numerous adds for mobile phone ringtone's that are always on paramount:(

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

"Hi Tom ....Hi Tom ....Hi Tom....Tom hi!"

f*ck off :mad:

I've actually just told 'em that I've changed the channel. Told 'em Im not buying anymore cadbury schweppes products and all.

http://www.cadbury.com/Pages/ContactUs.aspx

THAT'S how much I dislike this ad.

Got quite a snotty response from Cadburys after doing this...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Got quite a snotty response from Cadburys after doing this...

:eek:

Really?! What did they say??!!

Copy and paste man, COPY AND PASTE!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i really don't like the cadbury's ad, with the possessed kids eyebrows. and everyone seems to love it and its everywhere... aaaaggghhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

i hate the o2 ad with that guy with an extremely punchable face blabbing on with him changing into different 'hip' people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement