Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some new ad is out trying to copy David Mitchell's voice, just cough up the money.
    Corsodyl ad is fine..
    It is needlessly over dramatic and would potentially upset some people. Some site says 90% of people have bleeding gums at times, wonder how many have blood flowing from their eyes the odd time.

http://bryanappleyard.com/corsodyl-and-anxiety/
    Creepy Ad Watch which proves, among other things, that there are a lot of creepy ads around. Creepiest of all, for me, have been the last two TV ads for Corsodyl mouthwash...

the style of the ad is borrowed from a thousand other upbeat ads so the shock of the downbeat ending is all the more potent. Corsodyl’s web site continues the theme that gum disease ruins your life and more or less everybody is at risk unless they use one or more of a bewildering range of products. Such ads make lives worse by promoting anxiety and hypochondria and I doubt they will have any effect whatsoever on dental hygiene.
    I do think it will have some effect on dental hygeine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Virgin Media.

How many fcuking times!!!

rubadub wrote: »
    Some new ad is out trying to copy David Mitchell's voice, just cough up the money.

It is needlessly over dramatic and would potentially upset some people. Some site says 90% of people have bleeding gums at times, wonder how many have blood flowing from their eyes the odd time.

http://bryanappleyard.com/corsodyl-and-anxiety/

I do think it will have some effect on dental hygeine though.

Aren't you being a bit dramatic? Does the Corsodyl ad traumatise you? There are much better things to get delicate about!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Saw the Corsodyl ad last night where yer one wakes up and spits her teeth into her own hand. Spoiler: She's having a dream.

At least i think i did. It did seem a bit mental.

Does the Corsodyl ad traumatise you?
    Not in the slightest, but I know people who I think would be very concerned and needlessly upset seeing it, scaremongering bullsh!t. It got several complaints from dental professionals for other reasons too, but not held up.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    :o turns out it is David Mitchell, its a tropicana ad. Some bits still do not sound like him to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Every Red Rock ad ever. And their disgusting storyline that never ends. P1$$ off!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Supervalu ad with the whingey voice guy out of the 3 mobile ad about the lonely polar bear or whatever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah HTF is this guy on tv? Terrible tinny voice.
    I see whiney "waiting for my b*lls to drop" voiceover guy is now doing another ad, not only do we have to put up with this insufferable bore and his grating tones for 3 mobile and RTE Sport promotion. This gremlin is now doing the voiceover for SuperValu , anytime I hear his wailing voice, I hit the mute button, surely to goodness, they could get someone better to do it!!!!!!
    Who IS this guy

I think the guy might be Emmet Kirwan, he used to be in Fair City. He did the 'Three Little Words' campaign for Three a few years back and seems to be doing a lot of ads ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

That Lucozade Flow ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

iPhone 3D touch advert!!! :mad: :mad:

"I'm pick-in' my flightsss.. I'm not pick-in' my flightss.. I'm pick-in' my - wait I lost my flights.."

:mad: I feel like punching the F***ing TV every time I hear that annoying, unfunny cráp same 'joke' from 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

deadybai wrote: »
    Virgin Media.

Not even sure if its a TV one or radio, but the bit where they go

"Hi Richard Branson here"

<ad ends>

Ok....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

deadybai wrote: »
    Virgin Media.

Not even sure if its a TV one or radio, but the bit where they go

"Hi Richard Branson here"

<ad ends>

Ok....
    Theres something especially excruciating about that Virgin ad alright. The one on streaming sites where he talks about helping them with the Battle of Clontarf is pure cringe, worst acting Ive ever seen.

I hate the way he holds up a book called "Hurling: Guide to the Modern Game" aswell, nobody in Ireland would do that with 3 little kids, nobody in Ireland would even own that book! It stinks of some people in an office in England brainstorming things Paddy likes besides drinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I've never heard/seen that virgin advert, guess I'm one of the lucky ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i am sure the singing dishwasher advert has been mentioned already but just in case it has'nt ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Muahahaha wrote: »

I think the guy might be Emmet Kirwan, he used to be in Fair City. He did the 'Three Little Words' campaign for Three a few years back and seems to be doing a lot of ads ever since

Well i dunno how he's getting the gigs for the voiceover ads, cause his voice is as grating as ****. Either he has one hell of an agent or he must be blackmailing someone in the ad agency :P

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Well i dunno how he's getting the gigs for the voiceover ads, cause his voice is as grating as ****. Either he has one hell of an agent or he must be blackmailing someone in the ad agency :P

He should do an ad showing the causes of smoking fags. "If you smoke fags...you'll end up with a voice like mine".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Aussie smug on the trivago ad, the just shagged with shirt just open at the top look.
    Any ad that tells a life story in 30 seconds from perfect childhood to well adjusted kid ladled family man/woman.
    All drink ads, insistent on making us think pubs are the happening place where you should be in whenever you leave the house. No

The smiley Mace ad is back, complete with I now recognise Peirce from Fair City! I hate that smiley ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Give us money to help us feed these starving people that brought children into a world where there is no money, food or jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Sounds wrote: »
    Give us money to help us feed these starving people that brought children into a world where there is no money, food or jobs.

Yeah, how dare they try and feed starving children? Monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,177 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That Real Ham ad. Not even sure of the maker but wrecked my head

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Yeah, how dare they try and feed starving children? Monsters.

Ah you know what I mean, I don't think they shouldn't help them,
    But it just annoys me that people have kids in countries where there is nothing.
    Seems like they are just bringing them into a world where they have no future.

Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sounds wrote: »
    Ah you know what I mean, I don't think they shouldn't help them,
    But it just annoys me that people have kids in countries where there is nothing.
    Seems like they are just bringing them into a world where they have no future.

Sad

Someone hasn't studied social geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Might have been mention, but that vodafone add with the family coming round to meet the mans new girlfriend drives me mad cause i seem to see it 10 times a night!

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

its 4 women ad with the woman DJ.

"When the beat drops, you know it's going down.". Said in a robotic voice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

That Real Ham ad. Not even sure of the maker but wrecked my head

"I ham that real Brady Family ham."

"I ham what I ham."

Granted that may not be the actual ad currently out by them as I think they do have a newer one out, but I'd be fairly sure it's the same crowd that does both ads. I could be wrong though, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Why does the man who has to mind his nieces and nephews for the weekend suddenly need Richard Branson and new(??) internet to look up how to do stuff for the weekend.

Is he so useless that he needs the internet for everything in his life?
    Is his previous internet so useless that he must get something new (shipped in by drone??) to connect to a better internet or something??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement