Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The DID Electrical ad.

"Breaking up is hard to do." Yeah, well, why the f*** are you making a song and dance about it so?

Just plain awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

It's not great. The singing is way overdone. She sounds like a grown up Billy Barry Brat on steroids. Also, the fact that the dishwasher sings along bugs me. There's nothing good in this for the dishwasher. He'll end up on the scrp heap, his days of living in a warm, comfy kitchen a thing of the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Saw this horribly long and strange ad the other day and instantly thought of this thread. Luckily I'd say it's only playing on UK versions of channels, enjoy! https://youtu.be/53twFqvOJ5Q

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Any advert where they have a woman singing her "interpretation" of an old song.. (Every couple of months).
    Usually "Interpretation" means that they've s l o w e d it down loads and are hoping that the world doesn't realise that they're another karaoke machine that aren't creative enough to write their own good song and sing it in their own manner.
    They are always picked for adverts (Which in itself proves they are annoying cráppy tunes), and two at the moment that are particularly annoying are:
    Quantum Break - Xbox One - Prep School singing Nirvana's Come as you are
    and
    Muller - I googled the heck out of this VERY annoying one, and I think it's nicole scherzinger singing, I want you back by the Jackson 5.

MAKE IT STOP!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

The TK Maxx ad with the bird hanging from the ceiling wearing a dress and the pervert comes in for a gawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wilberto wrote: »
    The DID Electrical ad.

"Breaking up is hard to do." Yeah, well, why the f*** are you making a song and dance about it so?

Just plain awful.
    Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    squonk wrote: »
    It's not great. The singing is way overdone. She sounds like a grown up Billy Barry Brat on steroids. Also, the fact that the dishwasher sings along bugs me. There's nothing good in this for the dishwasher. He'll end up on the scrp heap, his days of living in a warm, comfy kitchen a thing of the past!
    Is it the same actress from Phonewatch ad who says "I also called the Guards..."? She had a nice ass iirc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Thargor wrote: »
    Is it the same actress from Phonewatch ad who says "I also called the Guards..."? She had a nice ass iirc.

I certainly hope not. I remember thinking she actually had a bit of talent, and the advert a bit of potential.

If this is what she has been reduced to them I really do feel sorry for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Thargor wrote: »
    Wilberto wrote: »
    I certainly hope not. I remember thinking she actually had a bit of talent, and the advert a bit of potential.

If this is what she has been reduced to them I really do feel sorry for her.

Elaine Hearty?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stork still have ads on about easter cupcakes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Burger King one where they've changed the voices to protect identities of customers for fear people will think they're tight, but you can still see their faces so it's pretty useless, also one is a small girl its not like she'd have much money or anyone accusing her of being tight.

That f*cking Ultimate Wingman gimp is back again :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

s.welstead wrote: »
    Saw this horribly long and strange ad the other day and instantly thought of this thread. Luckily I'd say it's only playing on UK versions of channels, enjoy! https://youtu.be/53twFqvOJ5Q

What the feck had all that to do with sausages? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bora kitchen extractors and Israel... Eurosport really need to get some new advertisers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the mcdonells curry advert is creeping up my list.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I am getting really irritated by any of these ads including female GAA players! Whether it's sanitary pads or LIDL or whatever I just can't stand all this "I'm so strong.... I'm a female warrior GAA player " stuff. End of the world drama music in the background....... Jesus how did we women survive in the world before these ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Virgin Broadband's "babysitting-millenial-is-buffoon" campaign is irksome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

silverharp wrote: »
    the mcdonells curry advert is creeping up my list.

It did my head in for a long time until I copped they were taking the piss out of Skehan. I find him more irritating than any ad so it gets a slight reprieve for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

hardCopy wrote: »
    It did my head in for a long time until I copped they were taking the piss out of Skehan. I find him more irritating than any ad so it gets a slight reprieve for that.

okay then I'll stand down for now :pac: I youtubed the other guy and I can see its inspired at least. As parodies go its mild, lots of things are difficult to parody these days though

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I am getting really irritated by any of these ads including female GAA players! Whether it's sanitary pads or LIDL or whatever I just can't stand all this "I'm so strong.... I'm a female warrior GAA player " stuff. End of the world drama music in the background....... Jesus how did we women survive in the world before these ads?
    That one with the American goalkeeper is so weird, such an off-putting ad, hate the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭screamer

The corsodyl ad where your womans teeth fall out just yuck.
    Also detest the DID dishwasher ad I cringe when I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

silverharp wrote: »
    okay then I'll stand down for now :pac: I youtubed the other guy and I can see its inspired at least. As parodies go its mild, lots of things are difficult to parody these days though

Just like the Curry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Just like the Curry :pac:

Oh, that (mild) burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Medi facts for panadol, set in a panadol shop.

Who are they kidding?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Vanish Gold "tips"
    Using as directed is not a tip!

Vanish Gold "tips"

Not to mention the most recent one, I don't want to see poo stains on TV, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Vanish Gold "tips"

Here's a tip for them: don't put in a dumb backing track of a cookie-cutter guitar riff with a woman randomly blurting out "conversation~!" like an anime voice actor with a poor grasp on the English language.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

colm_mcm wrote: »

What was the ad? It's been deleted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Suas11 wrote: »
    What was the ad? It's been deleted now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPO-TpwgtO0

The new Ryanair ad is an absolute shocker. The youngster flying his toy plane, probably set his parents back 20 euro on board. :D

This would be a more accurate ad for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The new Ryanair ad is an absolute shocker.

This would be a more accurate ad for them

That video doesn't work or link for me. But yep, that Ryanair ad :(. The girl sticking her tongue out.. :confused:?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement