Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

Allyall wrote: »
    That video doesn't work or link for me. But yep, that Ryanair ad :(. The girl sticking her tongue out.. :confused:?

Should be sorted now. Foil Arms and Hogs take on Ryanair. They are brilliant. 'Arms' is actually in the Mcdonnells curry ads which were mentioned previously

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Any ad containing the phrase "the ____ you love".

I first heard it a few years ago in a Sky television ad, "the movies you love" I think it was, and found it instantly grating.
    It's been used many times since - "the food you love", "the shows you love", "the brands you love", etc.

Presumably the idea is to aid potential consumers justifying to themselves spending their money on whatever product or service is being advertised. After all, spending a few quid on something you actually "love" seems quite reasonable :rolleyes:

Whatever the reason behind it, it gets on my bloody nerves.

Radio ad: " I'm mad about Mao" (restaurant that's now doing take away).

Wrecks my head ...stupid guy saying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Radio ad: " I'm mad about Mao" (restaurant that's now doing take away).

Wrecks my head ...stupid guy saying it!

That is such a crappy name for a restaurant. You might as well have a "Tojo's Sushi".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

That is such a crappy name for a restaurant. You might as well have a "Tojo's Sushi".

A sausage stand called "Hitler was the wurst"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Re: Mao..he makes it sound as if he's addicted to some kind of drug. "I'm mad for Mao".
    "Jesus I used to be addicted to Mao but I'm five years clean now".
    "She must be on Mao, she's as high as a kite".
    Stupid name for a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They brought back Go compare and somehow managed to make it even more annoying.. :mad:

The F***ing cockney cab driver

"Aaooowww"
    "Fantasticck"
    "Aaooooowww yess"
    "Fantasticck"

While the twat in the back is still singing.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭appledrop

That new Ribena ad. The music goes through my brain!!!!!!!!!!Even played it at the cinema last night + my husband was laughing saying 'There's your ad'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Vodafone and their 4G Bull.

Clearly devised by someone who knows damn all about farm safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

What happened Mary and the Pig? I'd rather see Beardyman & Mary in the field being saved by the pig. For anyone who's actually been chased by a bull there isn't a lot of time to go arsing around with a phone. I'm sorry the ad isn't more true to life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, and apologies if it has, but the Irish Life ad that has that awful fool singing "I was scared of dentists and the dark" - that song really really grinds my gears. And it's on the radio ads constantly as well grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

squonk wrote: »
    What happened Mary and the Pig?

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread sank it.

I'm sure they read this out in the Leopardstown HQ.... advertising people have a lot of time to kill between coffee & cocaine breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

They should have called it Mickey Mao's .

squonk wrote: »
    What happened Mary and the Pig? I'd rather see Beardyman & Mary in the field being saved by the pig. For anyone who's actually been chased by a bull there isn't a lot of time to go arsing around with a phone. I'm sorry the ad isn't more true to life.

I'm pretty certain beardy man was in the last episode of game of thrones as one of the nights watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm pretty certain beardy man was in the last episode of game of thrones as one of the nights watch.

I don't know which advert it is, but you are correct. Ray D'arcy (I think) was on the radio in my Mothers when I went to cut the grass, and they were talking about it, interviewed him last week apparently, and got him back tonight.
    Is that the vodafone advert?

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know which advert it is, but you are correct. Ray D'arcy (I think) was on the radio in my Mothers when I went to cut the grass, and they were talking about it, interviewed him last week apparently, and got him back tonight.
    Is that the vodafone advert?

Yeah the fella with Sue the pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

That zooby do zooby do zooby do ad really gets on my tits . You hear it once and it haunts you all ****ing day .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Radio5 wrote: »
    Vodafone and their 4G Bull.

Clearly devised by someone who knows damn all about farm safety.
    Detestable ad, the stupid look on his face at the end where he's trying to look impressed but the actor is completely talentless, drives me mental how long the camera lingers on his face there. I really despise Vodafone ads, they'll never get a cent from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Seen this one in the last few days.. more destroying of my childhood: :(

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Seen this one in the last few days.. more destroying of my childhood: :(

And it features Tiffany Chapman who played Rachel Jordache in Brookside.
    Even more reason to hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

Probably mentioned already, but Barry scott and Cillit Bang........ Christ!!!! no more, please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

bud1970 wrote: »
    Probably mentioned already, but Barry scott and Cillit Bang........ Christ!!!! no more, please...

Bang! And the dirt is still there...

:o:o:o:o:o:o;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

appledrop wrote: »
    That new Ribena ad. The music goes through my brain!!!!!!!!!!Even played it at the cinema last night + my husband was laughing saying 'There's your ad'

THIS!! This by one million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Not sure what the ad is for but the child has a tail nad the song goes a little something like this
    hebbahebbahadahebbahabbahhebbadowahhebodoahebahahebbadowah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

The aib one I've seen on the net.
    The girl narrating voice is just irritating nasaly and weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Chicagotown pizza.. Volume twice that of the other ads!

Its like some team of the apprentice made it.. "The ultimate pizza hit" FFS!

The infuriating nonsensical ad for Beagle Street.
    I don't understand why the dog wants to man to throw all his trousers away.
    What a random concept.

I also hate the Ribena ad; it's stupid and I imagine it's how stoned people see the world.

The ad for 118118 loans, especially the one featuring the couple and the red-haired one says "It's very stressful applying for a loan".
    She says it like a little girl in this squeaky voice that grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a fish finger ad with a boy running around with a tail with a Godawful song screeching away in the background and Ive never seen an ad more perfectly designed to make you lose your appetite...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a fish finger ad with a boy running around with a tail with a Godawful song screeching away in the background and Ive never seen an ad more perfectly designed to make you lose your appetite...

Captain birds eyes back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

Is there a thread for Awesome adverts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement