Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

bud1970 wrote: »
    Is there a thread for Awesome adverts?

Nope.

Maybe, someday!
    I like to think someone will finally make an awesome Advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Nope.

Maybe, someday!
    I like to think someone will finally make an awesome Advert.

somebody has! the new BT infinity ad with Ryan Reynolds...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

These is one but it's only about ten pages long, giving out about the one's you hate is a lot more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The B&Q animals as humans ad.... AAAAHHHHH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

mansize wrote: »

the big Gay Zebra??

• Advertisement

the big Gay Zebra??

or the beavers- either!!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Is there a thread for Awesome adverts?

The shortest thread on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The one with the lonely potato. The ad is for baked crisps, which still use potatoes :confused:

If the ad was for crisps that didnt use potatos then it would make more sense. Or instead of a lonely potato if it was a lonely deep fat fryer....

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

The advert with the singing bridesmaids, I think it's for Jacob's crackers? Absolutely does my head in - I'm getting shivers here just thinking about it
    Edit: found it

http://tvadsongs.uk/jacobs-cracker-crisps-advert-song-2016-crackin/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The advert with the singing bridesmaids, I think it's for Jacob's crackers? Absolutely does my head in - I'm getting shivers here just thinking about it

Ugh, I agree. And they're all mingers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus, just saw some b*llocks for Haribo with various adults voiced over by kids.

It takes a serious marketing genius to make me stop buying something i would previously have been happy to shell out for. Stop buying it and start hating it. Well done.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jesus, just saw some b*llocks for Haribo with various adults voiced over by kids.

It takes a serious marketing genius to make me stop buying something i would previously have been happy to shell out for. Stop buying it and start hating it. Well done.

I really wish Haribo would stop that adults with kids voices thing. For starters I'd reckon more adults eat haribo than kids do, so please stop patronising us. And just because I like Haribo sweets, doesn't mean I think kids voices on adults is cute.

Dairy milk! F***ing Dairy Milk!

Surely the most irritating b*llocks ever. Ha! Look! A cat scratching a dog! It's mental! And i can totally see the link to vegetable oil based sugary skank!

Worst chocolate in the world, and without a doubt the worst series of ads ever. Ever see the ones with the c*nts in their office chairs? Or those two oul wans in the factory? Will you please, please, please just f*ckin f*ck off. Forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

B&Q ads are generally ****e but those animal ones make no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I just got banned from B&Q, some old guy in an orange apron came up to me and asked if I wanted decking.

Luckily I got the first punch in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Surely the most irritating b*llocks ever. Ha! Look! A cat scratching a dog! It's mental! And i can totally see the link to vegetable oil based sugary skank!

Worst chocolate in the world, and without a doubt the worst series of ads ever. Ever see the ones with the c*nts in their office chairs? Or those two oul wans in the factory? Will you please, please, please just f*ckin f*ck off. Forever.

But...I like that ad. :o :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

I noticed the aib ad is still doing the rounds with the kid on the bicycle asking randomers questions. What just struck me is how at the end of the ad he says hello to one guy at the door then 'hello Dad' further into the house. Nice to see AIB has a healthy contemporary attitude at least

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Shtanto wrote: »
    I noticed the aib ad is still doing the rounds with the kid on the bicycle asking randomers questions. What just struck me is how at the end of the ad he says hello to one guy at the door then 'hello Dad' further into the house. Nice to see AIB has a healthy contemporary attitude at least

That's because the guy at the door is an estate agent. The family are there to view the property they may buy with their mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Wilberto wrote: »
    That's because the guy at the door is an estate agent. The family are there to view the property they may buy with their mortgage.

Or, maybe the estate agent is there because the family have there house up for sale? The kid seems way to comfortable\familiar with the house for it to be a strange random property they are thinking of purchasing.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

If you think a cat scratching a dog to some Barry White is the most irritating thing ever, how do you manage to get through all the other adverts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah FFS Vodafone have brought the pig ads back!

syklops wrote: »
    If you think a cat scratching a dog to some Barry White is the most irritating thing ever, how do you manage to get through all the other adverts?

Honestly, there is so much about TV, take for example the entire station of ITV, that makes me so angry, I have to limit myself to a few hours a week.

And i try to stick to BBC where i can because everything else is drowning in ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

The Smirnoff deaf dancer ad. My problem is with the ad, not the guy, assuming he's real. He's deaf, but can dance anyway, well fair play to him. Really. My problem is, where does Smirnoff fit into this picture? He downs a few shots before he gets on the floor? If that's the point, then what kind of message is it sending? If that's not the point, then what's the point of the whole ad? Is Smirnoff positioning itself as a poster child for achievement, inclusivity and the defiance of stereotype? That's quite a claim for a product whose purpose is just to get you pissed.

Anyway we're all great dancers when we're drinking vodka...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The new vhi ad with the cartoon child with the big eyes. They are really playing up the fear factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

storker wrote: »
    The Smirnoff deaf dancer ad. My problem is with the ad, not the guy, assuming he's real. He's deaf, but can dance anyway, well fair play to him. Really. My problem is, where does Smirnoff fit into this picture? He downs a few shots before he gets on the floor? If that's the point, then what kind of message is it sending? If that's not the point, then what's the point of the whole ad? Is Smirnoff positioning itself as a poster child for achievement, inclusivity and the defiance of stereotype? That's quite a claim for a product whose purpose is just to get you pissed.

Anyway we're all great dancers when we're drinking vodka...

Because Diageo

See also : Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Because Diageo

See also : Guinness.

As in marketing department with too much money completely loses the plot? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yah, it's very similar to the wheelchair basketball ad.

Puppets travelodge! Aaargh

Puppets travelodge! Aaargh

Is it just me or is the puppet the image of David Cameron?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

syklops wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the puppet the image of David Cameron?

If you mean the one in the maroon top? he does.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement