Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

syklops wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the puppet the image of David Cameron?

It can't be, it needs a pig's head on its crotch. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Virgin media with creepy man that looks 40 but living the life of a 23yr old just out of college. Minding his sisters kids unexpectedly, where is their father?? And the second ad where he's having takeaway with Branson while the gf facetimes him. I hope for her sake that she dumps his ass.
    I hate those Virgin Media ads and I hate that song they use too.

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Virgin media with creepy man that looks 40 but living the life of a 23yr old just out of college. Minding his sisters kids unexpectedly, where is their father?? And the second ad where he's having takeaway with Branson while the gf facetimes him. I hope for her sake that she dumps his ass.
    I hate those Virgin Media ads and I hate that song they use too.

Seriously, that's not the first time the question of "where is their father?" has been asked! Who the hell cares! Of all the stuff to hate about that ad, and people are still asking "where's their father"?

Seriously, that's not the first time the question of "where is their father?" has been asked! Who the hell cares! Of all the stuff to hate about that ad, and people are still asking "where's their father"?

Yeah ....who cares ......give it a break !!
    It's been done so many times ....move on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Ouch sorry for not going back a few pages to check my rant was not a repeat of someone else's.... I thought this thread was ads YOU despise, not a thread where you sagely nod at other posts but keep your opinion to yourself.

I will elucidate, I hate absolutely everything about those Virgin ads. Hopefully my pondering why manchild got lumbered with them instead of the dude who spawned them has not offended you too much

• Advertisement

Ouch sorry for not going back a few pages to check my rant was not a repeat of someone else's.... I thought this thread was ads YOU despise, not a thread where you sagely nod at other posts but keep your opinion to yourself.

I will elucidate, I hate absolutely everything about those Virgin ads. Hopefully my pondering why manchild got lumbered with them instead of the dude who spawned them has not offended you too much

Just report my post if it bothered you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Minding his sisters kids unexpectedly, where is their father?? .

He's dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I just saw that Vanish ad with the poo stains while watching a cookery show. Pretty awful timing! The Vanish ads are annoying but bareable, but poo stains don't belong on TV. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I just saw that Vanish ad with the poo stains while watching a cookery show. Pretty awful timing! The Vanish ads are annoying but bareable, but poo stains don't belong on TV. At all.

God I nearly gagged the first time I saw that, I was having dinner. That's just vile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Seriously, actual ****? Deadly. :p

I haven't seen it yet....

God I nearly gagged the first time I saw that, I was having dinner. That's just vile.

Same. I mute the ad and look away, but "POO STAINS?" catches me unawares every time and that's dinner done with. Next Vanish ad? Combination of that American girl goalkeeper who goes out to play soccer all made up while on her period, going "Blood stains? No bother!"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a ad for denture glue where a girl is standing on big floaty badly drawn dentures, loses her balance and falls off (presumably to her death if she fell from the mouth to the ground).

The text at the bottom of the ad helpfully says "dramatisation", just in case anyone thought that it was real. Phew!

Mr E wrote:
    The text at the bottom of the ad helpfully says "dramatisation", just in case anyone thought that it was real. Phew!

One of the Herbal Essences ads have "please don't shampoo your eyes" at the bottom of the screen when the girl is lathering shampoo all over her face. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Mr E wrote: »
    There is a ad for denture glue where a girl is standing on big floaty badly drawn dentures, loses her balance and falls off (presumably to her death if she fell from the mouth to the ground).

If it's the same ad as I'm thinking of, in the initial version, she was showing quite a bit of nippleage under her tight white top. There was a new version a few weeks after that in which she had donned a cardigan. I clearly wasn't the only one to notice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Lucozade - find your flow

Makes me think of something different altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

'If you don't buy it, they can't ask for it...' Safefood ad about childhood obesity.
    That line doesn't make sense.
    'If you don't buy it, they can't eat it' makes more sense, in my opinion.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    'If you don't buy it, they can't ask for it...' Safefood ad about childhood obesity.
    That line doesn't make sense.
    'If you don't buy it, they can't eat it' makes more sense, in my opinion.

Probably written by someone without kids. If course they can ask for it. And no doubt they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That Conor McGregor ad.

"If your dream doesn't skire you......"

Boils my piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

One of the Herbal Essences ads have "please don't shampoo your eyes" at the bottom of the screen when the girl is lathering shampoo all over her face. Bizarre.

I thought that was pretty funny, and then the butterfly getting in her eyes. Clearly a pisstake ad?

The EBS ad with the dub plumber off on his holiers - can anyone tell me what the hell he says at the end of the ad?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    I thought that was pretty funny, and then the butterfly getting in her eyes. Clearly a pisstake ad?

The EBS ad with the dub plumber off on his holiers - can anyone tell me what the hell he says at the end of the ad?

Down there for dancin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm pretty certain beardy man was in the last episode of game of thrones as one of the nights watch.

He was. I'm surprised he didn't hop out his Vodafone remote, prominantly displaying the Vodafone logo at some stage.

I really, really hate that ad. Feckin Sue.

And him about 50, getting stuck into the young wan. I know, if my sister and auld wan landed round the house when it'd be trying to get the leg over, they wouldn't make it by the front door.

And Sue would smell lovely on the pan in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Virgin media ad with anemic looking little sh1t head stuck in his broken down Saab up the Dublin mountains on his way to a date with a smoking hot bird who looks like she only ever even makes eye contact with rugger buggers and ends up having a take away over Skype with her. His little look over towards "Richard Branson" (who is so involved in these ads he doesn't even lend his voice to them) irritates the living hell out of me, I bet he ran out of petrol the spa.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The British ad for Prostate Cancer with the teenager teaching his Dad about prostate cancer.
    I get what the message is BUT I don't think he should have uttered the line "You could DIE!".
    Hardly instilling hope into people who are currently battling prostate cancer, now is it?
    Use your tact, ffs.

I also despise the IKEA ad with that girl warbling on saying "Oh whoa whoa oh oh".
    It's a 1950's style song, she cannot sing and the ad is not cute or endearing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any Virgin Media advert. Especially the same ones over & over when watching on the TV Players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Probably written by someone without kids. If course they can ask for it. And no doubt they will.

To me, it's just illogical. Not to mention annoying.

Just watched that ad. It aint that bad...its baby poo sure! I had visions of a woman washing her husbands ****ty bed sheets or something. :p

Just watched that ad. It aint that bad...its baby poo sure! I had visions of a woman washing her husbands ****ty bed sheets or something.

It's disgusting either way. You sound almost disappointed!

It's disgusting either way. You sound almost disappointed!

I am! I was expecting something really gross like a big adult skid mark scraped along bed sheets. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was thinking "Trainspotting". :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement