Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Dickie10 wrote: »
    this is a tuning fork. what the hell is a tuning fork??? where did they pull that from? its on a BMW ad on newstalk. this is really one of the oddest ads i have ever heard. a tuning fork ffs, why ?

dna-repair-528-hz-tuning-fork-5.jpg

There's one for every note/chord, and are useful for tuning guitars mainly. Of course, you could just use a digital tuner, but some people prefer to use these. I'm surprised you've never heard of them. There popular enough. Once you hit it off something hard, the vibrations of the forks emit the sound of the note/chord. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Where did they find that @sshole?

Between the buttocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

So how many mentions so far for that feckin' Moneysupermarket advert with the two fellas having a dance off in an underground car park of all places- yer man in the hard hat and high viz and yer man with the Beyoncé arse and high heels combo.

Just die already. Baby, you are NOT worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What a gobsh1te, where the fcuk did he get that silly accent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Annoying English guy in the ad with annoying English accent:
    ''can I have some hot water mate?''

'' McDonald's are bringing the authentic taste of new York to Ireland ''

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I won't have a bad word said about the Lidl full ad. :P I attend French classes with the actress who plays the mother.
    Very nice person.

I won't have a bad word said about the Lidl full ad. :P I attend French classes with the actress who plays the mother.
    Very nice person.

At the end of the day these people are only actors and we are going way ott with the personal abuse. Attack the ad and not the actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Between the buttocks.
    Sam Kade wrote: »
    What a gobsh1te, where the fcuk did he get that silly accent?

Let cut out these kinds of attacks, please. Take the piss out of bad ads as much as you want, but these actors are just doing a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Dickie10 wrote: »
    this is a tuning fork. what the hell is a tuning fork??? where did they pull that from? its on a BMW ad on newstalk. this is really one of the oddest ads i have ever heard. a tuning fork ffs, why ?

I dunno..... maybe they tune BMW engines with a Tuning Fork maybe? LOL :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

The latest Aldi ads where Dougal is out Dougaling himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

New Mars ad for the Euros, wtf were they thinking having people coming across the sea in all types on contraptions with the current refugee/migrant crisis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I don't despise it, more so find it mildly annoying - the Hidden Hearing ad.
    What age group is that class being taught verb or adverb... Assuming they are adults, why doesn't the person who gives the correct answer say 'yes, that was what I said'.
    I can understand why the guy thinks the other guy said 'New York' and not Majorca. And I have good hearing. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That new Domino's one with people grunting and making strange noises with weird effects around their mouths, doesn't entice to want to buy any of their products, instead it reminds me of that strange video for Black Hole Sun that Soundgarden had out in the nineties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That new Domino's one with people grunting and making strange noises with weird effects around their mouths, doesn't entice to want to buy any of their products, instead it reminds me of that strange video for Black Hole Sun that Soundgarden had out in the nineties.

This advert gets on every nerve.
    Doesn't remind me of the Black Hole Sun video (and now have the tune in my head :D ), but is a seriously cráp advert, done cráppily.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Allyall wrote: »
    This advert gets on every nerve.
    Doesn't remind me of the Black Hole Sun video (and now have the tune in my head :D ), but is a seriouslt cráp advert, done cráppily.

Do boards censor the word "crap" now?

EDIT : Nope, evidently not!

Wilberto wrote: »

maybe it was "just in case" ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Wilberto wrote: »

maybe it was "just in case" ....

:D

I have no idea of all the words that are or aren't censored, yep it was a 'just in case'. I did it without thinking.

piss is not censored but F*** is - when i grew up you werent allowed to say piss in my house was wee wee, or its raining outside, or look at him he is drunk, or he looks very angry ... :D: i guess piss these days is not swearing any more and can freely be used on tv before the 9pm watershed also ... most probably thanks to the americans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

deadybai wrote: »
    Annoying English guy in the ad with annoying English accent:
    ''can I have some hot water mate?''

'' McDonald's are bringing the authentic taste of new York to Ireland ''

Some hot Woah-Tah! :D

• Advertisement

Seem to be rerunning the AIB mortgage ads again with that annoying little Billie Barry so and so , the "is she diesel" line grates on me like nails on a black board and herself runs for the remote to mute it every time it comes on before I set off on one of my rants about what I'd like to do to the kid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Holy Christ I've just seen an ad for some menopause tablets with some oul'fella saying "Look at yer one, in the depths of winter!" and then his wife intrudes on the woman's personal space to give her menopause tablets.

Then it cuts to a woman at a desk telling us how she's overcome her sweating issues with these special pills.
    It's so Oirish, twee and cringey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

That Supermacs ad, did he actually say SANGWICH.

Seem to be rerunning the AIB mortgage ads again with that annoying little Billie Barry so and so , the "is she diesel" line grates on me like nails on a black board and herself runs for the remote to mute it every time it comes on before I set off on one of my rants about what I'd like to do to the kid :pac:

Do you ALWAYS give the ball back?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

the virgin media add, my god. every 3 or 4 adds is the same damn one. their marketing strategy is bloody aggressive. I actually had a dream last night an unstoppable red hologram Richard Branson was trying to kill me

Hamhide wrote: »
    the virgin media add, my god. every 3 or 4 adds is the same damn one. their marketing strategy is bloody aggressive. I actually had a damn last night an unstoppable red hologram Richard Branson was trying to kill me

in fairness the bloody vodafone advert with the pig (piggy sue) is getting like that, seen the advert so much I am beginning to think the bleedin' Pig is living at home with us and part of the family!! *

*does not make me want to buy Vodafone or a TV Box or any of their services any more by being bombarded with their ads... in fact it could even be having the opposite effect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I don't despise it, more so find it mildly annoying - the Hidden Hearing ad.
    What age group is that class being taught verb or adverb... Assuming they are adults, why doesn't the person who gives the correct answer say 'yes, that was what I said'.
    I can understand why the guy thinks the other guy said 'New York' and not Majorca. And I have good hearing. :D
    And since it's an ad for hearing aids, why doesn't it have subtitles instead of voiceover?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Muller ads.
    A girl is on the beach and she's eating a yogurt.
    Or a girl is in the park eating a yogurt.

Sorry, but I don't know anyone who decides they fancy a yogurt when they're at the beach and I certainly don't know anyone who's in Stephen's Green on a sunny Saturday thinking: "I really fancy a yogurt."
    I certainly wouldn't consider carrying a yogurt around in my bag on a hot day.
    Bloody stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

This advert,
    It is just so cringe worthy and hard to listen to. Awful ads, that and the money supermarket ad with man with large arsh. I thought American ads were bad but UK ads are just the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Fiskar wrote: »
    This advert,
    It is just so cringe worthy and hard to listen to. Awful ads, that and the money supermarket ad with man with large arsh. I thought American ads were bad but UK ads are just the worst.

I like the song, but the interpretation of the song in the ad is a bit meh!!!!, but yer one singing the song is cute :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement