Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

2fivers wrote: »
    Got quite a snotty response from Cadburys after doing this...

Tell us more! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

DarkJager wrote: »

+1 - Ye can't tell us ye got a snotty response and leave it at that :(

DarkJager wrote: »

I concur. As they say over in AH, pics or it didn't happen! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

The new Cadburys add realy gives me the creeps,I have to turn over when it comes on.Also cant understand what its got to do with choc or aneything for that matter,realy weird and creepy!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The ad for colour catcher where the wife has gone out and leaves a note for the idiot husband "see that white thing in the corner? It's a washing machine"
    If it was the other way around with a man saying "see that thing on the driveway, it's a car" or "see this? It's a screwdriver" the wimmin would be up in arms!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=7bk6gRfJWWc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Tago Mago wrote: »
    You have summed up my EXACT feelings. Stupid pretentious breathy female vocals - American horsesh*t.

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bryan Habana

The new Cadbury's advert gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

The one on the radio for meteor - your cold chubby mucousey head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

The new Cadbury's advert gets my vote.

Last week i would have agreed...but now i cant stop watching it....:rolleyes:

Guess Cadbury's won me over.....AND got everyone talking...job done i guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

The gorilla ad got people talking too, but sales dropped while it was running, and they haven't recovered yet.

Horrible ad. That girls face is wrong. Seeing it makes me feel uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

Aw you're all so harsh I love the new ad :p

It's a pretty cool quirk to be able to do that with your eyebrows, and LOL at the boy's face at the end of the ad his whole face twitches all over the place! It definitely grabs the attention and I still find my own eyebrows wanting to dance whenever I see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Sids Not wrote: »
    Last week i would have agreed...but now i cant stop watching it....:rolleyes:

Guess Cadbury's won me over.....AND got everyone talking...job done i guess..

Ah, but does it make you want to buy chocolate?:cool:

I really would classify that as an absolute FAIL on Cadbury's part.

They had a good idea with the quirky Gorilla campaign, and I couldn't really bad mouth the airport one, mainly because they used some of my favourite songs.

But what the hell were they thinking with this??!!

I figured the twitching is meant to kindo f symbolise kids not being able to sit still or whatever, but just show kids running around manically,looking like they are having a great time after eating some Dairy Milk or something.

Not this wierd artsy crap that everyone is scared of!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I figured the twitching is meant to kindo f symbolise kids not being able to sit still or whatever, but just show kids running around manically,looking like they are having a great time after eating some Dairy Milk or something.
    You're reading too much into it. Does that mean that the gorilla one symbolised that Phil Collins was hairy and fat?

Nope, they're trying to be different, and its a bloody creepy ad. Full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Nope, they're trying to be different, and its a bloody creepy ad. Full stop.[/quote]

Well I must be a bloody creep:D
    Love the new cadbury's add, it's the balloon that does it for me...strange.

Dlite wrote: »
    it's the balloon that does it for me...strange.

:eek:....Someone has a rubber fetish......:P..

..i'll send you my number........:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If any normal person in the street came up twitching their eyebrows like that at you, what would you do? I'm not sure bout the rest of you, but I'd find it mighty hard to resist giving a slap or 2 to stop them twitching.

Thats my main problem with this new cadburys advert. If I punch the tv, what am I going to watch then??

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

The Dolmio chucky doll ads really freak me out and I hate the whole family, but especially the really thick son.

The ad for Dell about choosing a colour - as soon as the music starts I hit mute - can't bear it.

The fabric conditioner one with the dolls made out of material, really creepy.

My partner hates the Gillette Venus ads with the completely hairless, plastic birds - she's convinced that their have never been near a razor in their lives.

Hate all the ads from the UK letting us know we are being ripped off price wise and choice wise (especially where cars are involved)!!!

But we really love the new Cadbury ad (hated the gorilla one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sofia11

We love the Cadbury ad, its quirky and the kids really think its great, I hated the gorilla version. My children found they have copy versions on You Tube. I think the new P G tips ad is great also but the Ped Egg is fairly disgusting, puts you off your breakfast..........

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Holland and Barrett ads annoy me no end.

Is there an "Ad's we love " thread ...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Sids Not wrote: »
    Is there an "Ad's we love " thread ...?

There was. It didn't get enough traffic to keep it on the main page!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Neesa wrote: »
    There was. It didn't get enough traffic to keep it on the main page!

Probably because most ads are utter tripe. It amazes me how much money goes into making ads and so many of them are just so bad that they make people angry. I look at some ads like that Coors light ad or the new Cadburys ad and can't believe people actually got paid to come up with that utter crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Those Avonmore ads before and after the weather are really annoying! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anything not advertising Guinness tends to be shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

The current RTE rugby ad running is so cringe-worthy. Why do they try to make sport ads all arty? All they're doing, realistically, is advertising a few matches.

I like the Cadbury ad, the people behind those ads are very imaginative, gotta hand it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

The current RTE rugby ad running is so cringe-worthy. Why do they try to make sport ads all arty? All they're doing, realistically, is advertising a few matches.

I like the Cadbury ad, the people behind those ads are very imaginative, gotta hand it to them.

Robert Mugabe is quite imaginative as world leaders go, but wont be making any popularity lists anytime soon. The freaky childrens faces spasming would be a good ad for birth control, but for Chocolate, not so much.

The rugby ad is muck though

"Whats that film that's hot right now? The Matrix? lets do a rugby ad based on that!"
    "Ermmm... The Matrix? not so hot right now."
    "Oh. I meant Minority report"
    "Jesus."
    "Just do it. And make sure it looks flashy but sounds like Glenroe. And make sure it's up to my usual high standards. Now I have to go and make an hilarious promo for The Lucy Kennedy show"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hot off the presses, that wannabe Amanda Brunker promoting some slimming sh1te, who "used to be a size 16 but now I'm a size 8" and her beat into a corset. She's never been a size 8 in her life. Her mouth is a size 12 ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

That coke ad, where they put there arms together and pour the drink.Its so annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I saw an ad today on C4 for some Glade air freshener where some kid announces to his mother that he wants to "do a poo" but he will only do it at his mates house cause they have the air freshener.

Most disturbing ad I've seen in a while.

And it's dubbed badly, so it makes them look evil.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

mick_irl wrote: »
    I saw an ad today on C4 for some Glade air freshener where some kid announces to his mother that he wants to "do a poo" but he will only do it at his mates house cause they have the air freshener.

Most disturbing ad I've seen in a while.

And it's dubbed badly, so it makes them look evil.

Yeah i only seen that ad last night wasn't giving it my full attention but when the child said he wanted to do a poo:eek: i tuned in ,very strange ad and the child says he wants a poo way to many times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement