Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I blame Peep Show for forever associating Chris Eubank with youth hostels in my mind. :o
    Hope you have seen this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not that I am in anyway biased of course but look at the ad that title sponsor 3 came up for Ireland.

and compare with what England sponsor Mars came up with

I think the winner is pretty clear here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

flazio wrote: »
    Not that I am in anyway biased of course but look at the ad that title sponsor 3 came up for Ireland.

and compare with what England sponsor Mars came up with

I think the winner is pretty clear here.

Not to me?

Anyway, pretty sure if I saw a bunch of English fans running towards me brandishing weapons, history tells me they're unlikely to stop, smile, or know the local language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

rubadub wrote: »

oh look its Chris Eubanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

oh look its Chris Eubanks :D

Was the 's' deliberate? :o:D;)

It's been pointed out before, but the Colgate Max White ad with the two heavily-lipsticked models grinning like Cheshire Cats...

282nfpl.jpg

giphy.gif

Was the 's' deliberate? :o:D;)

what gave you that idea ;):)

Cringe! :o

what gave you that idea ;):)

What Omackeral said earlier. :o:D;)
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Why do people do this? It's Eubank. Why the extra S!?

• Advertisement

Cringe! :o

It's still better than the Colgate Max White ad, though - the ladies aren't wearing excessive lipstick and grinning open-mouthed grins without showing their tongues... :o:o:D;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

madmaggie wrote: »
    The D4 farmer in the Green Isle ad. Why not use a real farmer, or are the culchies not good enough?

I think the idea behind the ad was to make him a "sexy" or "hunky" farmer but they ruined it having him talk like a tw@t.

darkdubh wrote: »
    I think the idea behind the ad was to make him a "sexy" or "hunky" farmer but they ruined it having him talk like a tw@t.

Yep , there are no sexy or hunky farmers around in Cultchieland ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

every time i see this i want to kick the three of them right in the Fanny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYynvvmRY8E

bud1970 wrote: »
    every time i see this i want to kick the three of them right in the Fanny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYynvvmRY8E

Fixed your post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Grandslammer

Pretty much every high speed broadband ad on TV. Why? Because they are irrelevant to a large portion of the population (including myself). Every bloody ad break on Irish TV and radio has at least one ad for Virgin or Eir or Vodafone broadband...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Enough of the lip sync ads already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Yep , there are no sexy or hunky farmers around in Cultchieland ... :D

Ah sure all of us culchies would need elecution lessons to be understood!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The annoying blonde woman dancing around infront of the washing machine, DID Electric for one of their "big sales", where everything is still more expensive than the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

madmaggie wrote: »
    Ah sure all of us culchies would need elecution electrocution lessons to be understood!

FYP :D

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »
    Enough of the lip sync ads already

like this one too!

Shemale wrote: »
    The annoying blonde woman dancing around infront of the washing machine, DID Electric for one of their "big sales", where everything is still more expensive than the competition.

breaking up is hard to do.....

I feel so sad for knowing these ads so well ... I need to get out more! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

barry from skoda and his son ryan , oh good lord why oh why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Anybody who watches F1 on Sky Sports will know what I'm talking about - that DHL ad that they play at the start of each commercial break has such an awkwardly-worded sentence in it, "The fastest laps to the finish line!" It's like they just understand two concepts in motorsport, fastest laps and the finish line, and decided to jam them into their ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Anybody who watches F1 on Sky Sports will know what I'm talking about - that DHL ad that they play at the start of each commercial break has such an awkwardly-worded sentence in it, "The fastest laps to the finish line!" It's like they just understand two concepts in motorsport, fastest laps and the finish line, and decided to jam them into their ad.

I don't know the ad, but I can certainly identify with what you're saying. You reminded me of something that always makes me laugh though, which is the exact same segment on Setanta's F1 coverage, which features fast cars ("NNEEAARR!!! NNEEAARR!! NNNEEEEAAAARRRRRR!!!") tearing around a track at speed to a heavy metal soundtrack ("jjnnn jjjnnn jjjnnn JJJJNNNN!!!") and a deep-voiced actor delivering the rather incongruous line "drive safely with Allianz!". That particular soundtrack doesn't exactly fit the road safety message! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Fixed your post :)

Horrible ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Dickie10 wrote: »
    barry from skoda and his son ryan , oh good lord why oh why?

I have only heard these on the radio but they are horrific, amongst the worst things I have ever heard

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus tonight. The SSE one that tries to go all British Airways/Flower Duet with Ole O-f***in-lé.

Pretty emotional guys. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That new Coca Cola ad (presumably inspired by the upcoming European Championships). "Your country needs you". Contrived and truly dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

blueser wrote: »
    That new Coca Cola ad (presumably inspired by the upcoming European Championships). "Your country needs you". Contrived and truly dreadful.

Is that the one with the sh*t dubbing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement