Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

That new goddam awful ikea advert with the woman wailing that song and Americans celebrating wedding anniversary and then it goes to the granny sitting down with her grandaughter looking at the photo album.

That new goddam awful ikea advert with the woman wailing that song and Americans celebrating wedding anniversary and then it goes to the granny sitting down with her grandaughter looking at the photo album.

What the hell it has to do with Swedish flatpacked furniture i dunno :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

I don't like advertising full stop. I view it as a form of nagging. Buy our crap, buy our crap, please buy our crap!

When that is woven into a narrative that is designed to convince the user that buying the product will magically improve the life of the buyer it just makes my teeth itch. If I buy a bog standard saloon in Europe I won't be driving alone on an empty road with panoramic views of the Grand Canyon! What I want to know is how reliable the car is. What the after sakes service is like etc etc. Not how pretty the car looks in the middle of nowhere when it's brand new. If I buy a bottle of shampoo I'm not going to be magically transported to some exotic location everytime I wash my hair lol

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That Radio ad about paying your TV licence.

Can't remember the gist, the dude who articulates something like" Is this worth a €1000 fine for not paying a TV looysence.

A freaking 'looysence '. A TV looooysence

Nearly hoyed the trannie out the apaaaatment winder.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

What the hell it has to do with Swedish flatpacked furniture i dunno :confused: :pac:

Her husband was killed when an Ikea wardrobe fell on top of him. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

TV3 online is a nightmare for adverts. Cannot block them with adblock as at the start of a programme it has 1/5 adverts, then at the break it has 1/6 adverts and this continues till the end of the show with tons more, basically it's almost unwatchable, drives me nuts. I can block the RTE player adverts but not TV3's.

Most of the adverts seem like they were made from insane people for insane people, insanity el-weirdo adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Is that the one with the sh*t dubbing?

Jaysus that one boils my blood. And who's the bloke doing the voice over? He's on every second Irish ad at the minute. I f*ckin hate his voice. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Lockheed

It can't get more ribenarey makes me lose the will to live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The Aldi ad 'Oi'm a bear that GRILLS' :mad:
    Presume that is an Irish accent. Not.

Her husband was killed when an Ikea wardrobe fell on top of him. ;)

more like her husband died going out of his mind looking for the last crucial important allen key bolt thats missing from the box of the flat pack furniture that holds it all together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

I have to say that the new Coca Cola advert for the Euro 2016 tournament is appalling. Has anyone seen it?

Poorly dubbed, stupid lines like 'wrong team genius'.

Finishes off with them in a football stadium watching a match drinking coke from glass bottles. Have they started allowing/serving glass bottles of coke into soccer matches now?

Unbelievable that a company like Coca Cola can't put together a decent advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

This is a great advert which is currently on TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rgRGiQ39E

Great music to go with it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭squonk

I have to say that the new Coca Cola advert for the Euro 2016 tournament is appalling. Has anyone seen it?

Poorly dubbed, stupid lines like 'wrong team genius'.

Finishes off with them in a football stadium watching a match drinking coke from glass bottles. Have they started allowing/serving glass bottles of coke into soccer matches now?

Unbelievable that a company like Coca Cola can't put together a decent advert.

If that's the one that's the generic ad I saw along the lines of 'Your team needs your support' or something like that then I concur! Awful dross. I hate the way Coke and companies like that just auto-sponsore and auto-jump on the bandwagon of any sporting or cultural event happening in the world. I've no issues with the company or product but its just this shameless shilling using events that's a bit crass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

like this one too!
    So that's what happened to Lucinda Creighton!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

TV3 online is a nightmare for adverts. Cannot block them with adblock as at the start of a programme it has 1/5 adverts, then at the break it has 1/6 adverts and this continues till the end of the show with tons more, basically it's almost unwatchable, drives me nuts. I can block the RTE player adverts but not TV3's.

Most of the adverts seem like they were made from insane people for insane people, insanity el-weirdo adds.

How do you block ads on rte player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I remember using a Chrome extension called "FuckFuckAdblock" to try to use the RTE Player, but without any success. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

New advert from the Luminous Jackets & Hard Hat Authority

Hate that advert with the 2 bods, aig is it car insurance, where they got the elephant and the sports team (who look awkward like they don't want to be there) haven't seen the advert for ages but they are cringeworthy

New advert from the Luminous Jackets & Hard Hat Authority

That autopilot ad reminds me of that spoof airline comedy with Leslie nilson in it ..... maybe its supposed to

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

That autopilot ad reminds me of that spoof airline comedy with Leslie nilson in it ..... maybe its supposed to

'Airplane!'

:)

• Advertisement

"Where did buppy/bobby/Guppy the goldfish go" That childs voice makes her very kickable

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hate that advert with the 2 bods, aig is it car insurance, where they got the elephant and the sports team (who look awkward like they don't want to be there) haven't seen the advert for ages but they are cringeworthy

Those AIG ads made no sense to me, why they are so bad, I presume they have to pay millions to sponsor man united and then looks like they splash out just 20 or 30 euro on the adverts.

Nope , I still can't get over that lidl advert. She bursts in on her son taking a shower, and says occasionally the full monty! I tell you its full on with a big smile on her face , who thought it would be right to include incest into a lidl ad !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I hate all ads that feature animating peoples faces particularly their mouths. So I now channel surf the second I see that crunchy advert the pizza one and that one with the three bridesmaids, "no no nooooooooow"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

my3cents wrote: »
    I hate all ads that feature animating peoples faces particularly their mouths. So I now channel surf the second I see that crunchy advert the pizza one and that one with the three bridesmaids, "no no nooooooooow"

Oh, I f***in hate that.

very thin line and a gamble what advertising companies do these days with these stupid adverts and ones that get peoples back up, i know people out there that if they have an advert that pee's them off so much that they wont buy the product! .....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭squonk

Nope , I still can't get over that lidl advert. She bursts in on her son taking a shower, and says occasionally the full monty! I tell you its full on with a big smile on her face , who thought it would be right to include incest into a lidl ad !!

I think that's a stretch to be honest. She comes across as more of a mammy than a creepy mammy so I don't know where you'd get the impression that the full monty made her day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

squonk wrote: »
    I think that's a stretch to be honest. She comes across as more of a mammy than a creepy mammy so I don't know where you'd get the impression that the full monty made her day.

I presume he was having a laugh, but the ad did seem odd to me, if I was making it I would have had her walk in on her husband in their room, bit less weird/dodgy. Imagine if it was the father "occassionally" walking in on the daughter in the shower.

squonk wrote: »

Well she obviously heard the shower and still walked in and saw his tiddlywinks, he was probably having a quick tug

• Advertisement

There's a new Mac Donald's Big Flavour Wrap ad, and it's worse than the last. Using the Buzzcocks "What Do I Get".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement