Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just saw that McDonalds ad, edgy, alternative wrap chick is back !

With even less personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Barry Sheridan the Skoda radio add

Make it stop

Make it stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just saw that McDonalds ad, edgy, alternative wrap chick is back !

That ad is thick.
    I've never seen a McDonald's worker prepare and serve the food

• Registered Users Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There's a new Mac Donald's Big Flavour Wrap ad, and it's worse than the last. Using the Buzzcocks "What Do I Get".

I was waiting for people to mention this ad. It's awful isn't it? With even more annoying music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Halifax ads using classic 70s cartoon characters are even more annoying than that singing guy with glasses they had years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

"I love going out and buying an expensive appliance... said no one ever." :rolleyes:

Please **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

all those toothpaste adds with the dentists selling their souls to promote the toothpaste.

feck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

The VHI What Happens After We Go Is Complicated ads.

Aside from its reliance on a hackneyed cliche scenario -- a child asking parents awkward questions -- I don't really find selling me a product based on the fear I might die and leave dependents in financial straits something to joke about. Cheers, VHI.

all those toothpaste adds with the dentists selling their souls to promote the toothpaste.

feck off

Tayto breath are you an evolution of the poster Tayto Lover? lol :p

On the ad you mention, theres a Foil, Arms and Hog sketch for that too. Those dentist ads are so cringey, apparent and badly done. 'i am a dentist' at the end of each sentence. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

cheeky git of a dentist on one of those ads "so my patient said why has my sensitivity come back, so i said have you stopped using the sensodyne? - and they are like yeah, I stopped taking it because the sensitivety went , and Im like , you stupid berk thats why your sensitivety is back you doughnut! " - cheeky fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭squonk

Ads for online gambling/fruit machines etc now tagging on "Please play responsibly" before the actual advert. FFS that's like a heroine dealer saying "please use H responsibly" while selling. It's a problem for some and a glib tag line won't solve that issue. Mostly those ads are shïte anyway but that glib line just turns them into pure dung.

I dont like adverts I dont get. - Like what is the rabbits all about in the lotto advert and what the hell are they saying? - and that Huawei P9 phone advert with her dressed in the cowboy gear.... I dunno what its all about or whats going on! - I dont like ads where I have to put the ol grey matter to the test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I dont like adverts I dont get. - Like what is the rabbits all about in the lotto advert and what the hell are they saying? - and that Huawei P9 phone advert with her dressed in the cowboy gear.... I dunno what its all about or whats going on! - I dont like ads where I have to put the ol grey matter to the test :)

Lotto ad, breeding like rabbits, they multiply like that. Have no idea what they're saying though.

Huawei P9 phone ad is Superman(Henry Cavill) from DC vs Black Widow(Scarlett Johansson) from Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I dont like adverts I dont get. - Like what is the rabbits all about in the lotto advert and what the hell are they saying?

Legend ... a person of legendary status ... as in "You're amazing. You're a f***ing legend."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Tayto breath are you an evolution of the poster Tayto Lover? lol :p

On the ad you mention, theres a Foil, Arms and Hog sketch for that too. Those dentist ads are so cringey, apparent and badly done. 'i am a dentist' at the end of each sentence. :rolleyes:

no relation

those eir adds promoting tv and broadband really pees me off. free this and free that for only 30 euros a month*.

* 100 a month after 12 months :eek::eek:

* 100 a month after 12 months

Thats modern day robbery that is, all they are missing is a mask and cloak!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

With even less personality.

I doubt if that's possible.

About as "hawt" as my big toe after a 10 mile hike across open country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

There was one for wurthers caramel sweets a while ago, everything was gold and glinting. The voice over woman says "when I was little, my gandpapa would take me to my favorite caramel shop"

WTF? Not only did you grow up in an area that had a caramel shop, there were enough of them to choose from that you even had a favorite.

When I was growing up my favorite caramel shop was either the sweets beside the till in Dunnes that smelled vaguely of vegetables or the local shop which was a converted truck cotainer that sold single cigarettes to kids and accepted butter vouchers as payment for scratch cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Archeron wrote: »
    There was one for wurthers caramel sweets a while ago, everything was gold and glinting. The voice over woman says "when I was little, my gandpapa would take me to my favorite caramel shop"

WTF? Not only did you grow up in an area that had a caramel shop, there were enough of them to choose from that you even had a favorite.

When I was growing up my favorite caramel shop was either the sweets beside the till in Dunnes that smelled vaguely of vegetables or the local shop which was a converted truck cotainer that sold single cigarettes to kids and accepted butter vouchers as payment for scratch cards.

I remember this ad, she sounds like she's talking about London before the blitz, but couldn't possibly more than 35 years old.

Patww79 wrote: »

Good question Patser, I say ,good question.

Can't really figure it out just yet, I'll make enquiries from 'inside sources' and report here.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Haven't seen it but from the description I'm guessing it's an imported ad from another territory perhaps, you know where the kind of cool the alternatives you refer to are displaying is the norm......because McD's are down with the kidz. Or else they're trying to out-hipster themselves on the cool curve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Sue and Pig-Man are back again.

My theory is that they pair the alternative people to go with the food they have that 'is an acquired taste' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Another one that really annoys me is the girl that wakes up and pukes up sweetcorn. Well not really she's having a dream and dreaming that all her teeth have dropped out but no prizes for guessing what I thought the first time I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This time it's even worse. She's working on the drive-thru window and still going into the prep area to make the bloody food and coming back out again to serve it?! Infuriating sh*te!

Omackeral wrote: »
    This time it's even worse. She's working on the drive-thru window and still going into the prep area to make the bloody food and coming back out again to serve it?! Infuriating sh*te!

Is it the same one?

This one seems even more ET like ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Is it the same one?

This one seems even more ET like ?

No, it's definitely a different one.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    No, it's definitely a different one.

Thanks W, that's what I thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement