Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Sue and Pig-Man are back again.

Sue isn't fattening up, he'll have a long wait for the rashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Okay Sky so you have an all Ireland winner as one of your panelists but RTÉ have Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh and Marty Morrisey. No contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Hop House 13 - Brewed by Guinness

Drunk by beardy, hipstery pricks with little woolen hats on their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I hate every single ad to do with Euro 2016. They're all incredibly cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Shake n vac...... they dont make ads like that any more these days :)

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote:
    Sue isn't fattening up, he'll have a long wait for the rashers.

Nah mate, i bet him and her are vegetarians....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The maxol ad exploiting the little girl for the cuteness factor. Always wondered how child labour laws were exempt for acting, if you video kids working in a sweatshop for a year and say its for an ad do you get away with it?

Everybody and their mother in the maxol appears to not only know yer man and his daughter and her name, but they are also well up on what happened at the under 7's girls football match that just finished. If it was people commenting on the Ireland vs Sweden match it would be ridiculous to expect them to all know the result, let alone know how players did.

I do like reading the cringeworthy marketing crap though.
    Today, Friday 27th May is an exciting day for Maxol. We have revealed a new TV advertising campaign for Maxol – our first in many years. The campaign entitled ‘Little Girl’ highlights the quality and uniqueness of the customer experience at Maxol and our ethos of being ‘at the heart of it’ in the community.

The TV ad will run across Ireland and Northern Ireland TV channels and follows the story of a local young girl Anna, who, before entering the Maxol station is feeling downcast having lost a match. Her experience at the Maxol station and its onsite Moreish café and the interactions she has, soon turns her mood around and she leaves the station with her spirits lifted.

the end line is the best "that's the thing about maxol, you always come out feeling better than when you went in". Yeah, my grandfather used always say that about petrol stations, better than disney land, magical places!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

heard u had a great game aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭doireannod

The Skoda ads on the radio at the minute with the child are driving me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Radio forum >>>>

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭doireannod

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Radio forum >>>>

:)

Omg. There's an entire thread dedicated to this ad. I'm so happy.

rubadub wrote: »
    .... "that's the thing about maxol, you always come out feeling better than when you went in"......

The only way I would come out of a petrol station feeling better than when I went in is to get €50 of fuel for nothing and a free bag of potato wedges and cup of coffee for sod all! :D ....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

There's two ads that really annoy me.

Number 1. "Do you know what it feels to be a winner? YOURE A LEGAND BOIII"- GET OUT. This ad is horrible, and its played at least 3 times every ad break on 2fm.

Number 2. That classical music ad with Daniel O'Donnell. That guitar string is absoutley horrible, whoever thought this would attract people my god.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

doireannod wrote: »
    Omg. There's an entire thread dedicated to this ad. I'm so happy.

Jesus. It's really not a place for happy people, that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That Supermacs ad about their new chicken burger. Great production values. Comical acting and directing. Looks like a comedy sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is it the same one?

This one seems even more ET like ?

The original McD's gothy wrap girl was cute. This one is sinister. I would not eat that wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That Supermacs ad about their new chicken burger. Great production values. Comical acting and directing. Looks like a comedy sketch.

I haven't seen it but the last one was AWFUL (I commented on it here previously)........I assume this is in the same vein?

The original McD's gothy wrap girl was cute. This one is sinister. I would not eat that wrap.

The original one looked like she lived to make those wraps. This one acts like she just can't be bothered.

I haven't seen it but the last one was AWFUL (I commented on it here previously)........I assume this is in the same vein?

Yeah, it's worse! :D

Look out for the current one. It unintentionally smacks of Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The original girl was making pulled pork wraps which have been taken off the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,374 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Has anybody mentioned the uefa.com/store ad? It's on fairly regularly. Usually at halftime and fulltime during the matches. Did you see the Irish supporter? He's a short, chubby, red headed dwarf with a beard. He looks like Gimli from Lord of the Rings. That's not the worst bit. He's wearing a kilt. Great research UEFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah... that screenshot is not so bad, but in the ad, you're half expecting her head to keep turning right around 180 degrees and then for her to speak in a Satanic voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

The original one looked like she lived to make those wraps. This one acts like she just can't be bothered.

I think the new one is thinking kill all humans. Somebody mentioned earlier that McDonald's have hired something from another planet, that's a perfect description. Something from a very evil planet.

Archeron wrote: »
    I think the new one is thinking kill all humans. Somebody mentioned earlier that McDonald's have hired something from another planet, that's a perfect description. Something from a very evil planet.

I'd run scared from that look at the end too, just like the guy in the car. And fire the wrap out the window around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The iceland ads with the family who think cheap frozen muck is good value food and just as good as a restaurant. Also the betting company ads with ray winstone that crop up on every itv ad break during the euros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

neris wrote: »
    ...betting company ads...

"Bants" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Yeah i mentioned this ad a few weeks back its utterly rank, [

QUOTE=Mike Guide 69;99806480]Oh here, i've just seen one of the "official" and I use that term loosely UEFAs ads for next months Euro Finals in France. Cant post a link to it, but it shows a group of people and kids walking wearing their country's colours down a street in Paris, but the "Irish Fan", who I believe it is meant to depict is in the group resembles a cross between an extra out of "Lord of The Rings" and generally a stereotypical, "begoraahh" view of how the rest of the world sees us. Yep, a red headed, red bearded, fat jolly bloke, wearing green and wobbling with the rest of the group. Jesus wept!!!![/QUOTE]
    sligeach wrote: »
    Has anybody mentioned the uefa.com/store ad? It's on fairly regularly. Usually at halftime and fulltime during the matches. Did you see the Irish supporter? He's a short, chubby, red headed dwarf with a beard. He looks like Gimli from Lord of the Rings. That's not the worst bit. He's wearing a kilt. Great research UEFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Don't forget the risible script. I love the bit about "our signature sauce." Ah, go and sh*te.

• Advertisement

ollaetta wrote: »
    Don't forget the risible script. I love the bit about "our signature sauce." Ah, go and sh*te.

Or that he say's Sangwidge, trying to be down with the common man??, then pronounces lettuce incredibly posh.

I'm getting all annoyed now. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement