Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

Has anyone mentioned the EDF energy one?

What looks like three religious nutcases knock on the door of a woman, and when she sees the dancing sh*teball on a radio that they've brought, her first instinct is to laugh. Then she happily presents her personal details from her bill to these weirdos who then float off with them in a balloon.

Somebody was on acid developing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Hate that ad that's on before the news every night. Don't even know what it's for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Archeron wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the EDF energy one?

What looks like three religious nutcases knock on the door of a woman, and when she sees the dancing sh*teball on a radio that they've brought, her first instinct is to laugh. Then she happily presents her personal details from her bill to these weirdos who then float off with them in a balloon.

Somebody was on acid developing that.

I will never look at that advert in quite the same way ever again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Crunchie ad mentioned yet? Obey your mouth! Feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

SteoL wrote: »
    Crunchie ad mentioned yet? Obey your mouth! Feck off!

economic forecast? economic BOREcast more like....just look at em! lets go crayzeh.....gimmeh fun gimmeh flayveh gimmeh crunch!

its that bad I know it by heart. apologies for the deliberate misspellings to reflect the accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How long more are they going to subject us to "Its my brain, tell me what you're going to do, Im going to suck it, right straight to you...". Its been on forever at this stage, every ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the ad for the new conjuring film with the constant jumpscares. I just mute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Haha that Supermacs ad is a classic, when yer man appears in the background and says "Looks like another winner Pat", pure cringe.

"How many of our competitors can say that?" Errr... say what? We sell sh1tty deep fried overpriced factory chicken that you need to be off your head on drink and/or drugs to stomach? I think that would be all of them Pat...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That Supermacs ad about their new chicken burger. Great production values. Comical acting and directing. Looks like a comedy sketch.

I finally saw it.

It's better than the previous ad, and by better I mean worse.

And he actually says "sangwedge" :eek: - I thought the previous poster was joking about this.

Sean O'Brien must be getting a small fortune to be in those ads. At least I hope he is......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

And he actually says "sangwedge" :eek:
    yeah, where the hell does that G come from :confused:

all comments about the G, I like the last one

Terence Flood1 week ago
    Sangwich ������
    Reply2
    FORDtw35
    FORDtw351 month ago
    Nice Sangwidge

Dickbutt
    Dickbutt1 month ago
    Sure nothing beats the aul hang sangidge.

Reply1
    Kookie Klub
    Kookie Klub1 month ago
    Not processed...bahahah

Swanny Dwan
    Swanny Dwan1 week ago
    That guy sounds like he could sell sang to the Arabs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

It's for Women. "Own it" - fúck you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OldNotWIse wrote: »

"Because you're worth it" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

OldNotWIse wrote: »

#timetovomit I wonder what would be said if someone set up itsformen.ie. The pyjama crowd would be outraged on fb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

That stupid 'fox' advert for Orchard Thieves Cider gets a sequel. It is just as bad as the first one. Worst ads I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

rubadub wrote: »
    The maxol ad exploiting the little girl for the cuteness factor. Always wondered how child labour laws were exempt for acting, if you video kids working in a sweatshop for a year and say its for an ad do you get away with it?

Everybody and their mother in the maxol appears to not only know yer man and his daughter and her name, but they are also well up on what happened at the under 7's girls football match that just finished.

Child labour / exploitation my eye. The going rate for a few seconds for a kid in an ad is between €2,000 and €3,000. They rarely take more than a few hours of "work", and the kids are treated like royalty. The hardest part is getting through the meat market auditions with hundreds of kids turning up for a single part. The only exploiters are the parents.

Small towns and villages in Ireland are represented well here. And you can be damned sure they know what's going on around them. You couldn't pick your nose in some places without the neighbours commenting on the colour and volume a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

rubadub wrote: »
    yeah, where the hell does that G come from :confused: ...

That G is the G in Luxury ( ie Lugsury Holiday )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Jonny's got it covered - get embarrassed every time its on and my kids are in the room! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jonny's got it covered - get embarrassed every time its on and my kids are in the room! :D

Imagine how they feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

He obviously hasn't got you covered by the looks of it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Got what covered Daddy??....Whats the man meant to be covering" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

All the Paddy Power ads for the Euros. Really cringey and unfunny, they make me so angry that I have to switch channels.

If I were a gambler I wouldn't darken the door of a PP betting shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Double Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

The Vodafone ad with the pig. I always think the mother is going to crush & devour the blond wan when she comes to visit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

All the Paddy Power ads for the Euros. Really cringey and unfunny, they make me so angry that I have to switch channels.

If I were a gambler I wouldn't darken the door of a PP betting shop.

God, I hate them.

Are yis actually trying to be laddish twats, or are yis just doing it to piss the rest of us off?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

In that Johnny's got you covered ad I've noticed when the girl kicks her shoe off she hits the lad around the heart area but he goes down clutching his balls, has he been watching too much Soccer or is he just not confident in his ability and is looking for any excuse not to go through with the deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

This may have already been mentioned..

The one ad I cannot stand is the VHI add "If you're worried about your husband and your tiny babies"

I want to punch her in the face.... sorry not sorry.

Heaven forbid that you have a mature conversation with your kids about STI prevention.

Heaven forbid that you have a mature conversation with your kids about STI prevention.

Heaven forbid that you just let people have the craic on a having the craic thread...

Heaven forbid that you just let people have the craic on a having the craic thread...

Generally yeah but poster despises them for embarrassment. That person is a parent FFS, grow up and have a chat with the kids

• Advertisement

Generally yeah but poster despises them for embarrassment. That person is a parent FFS, grow up and have a chat with the kids

Yeah, like I said, a having the craic thread, not a "taking every post seriously and dishing out unsolicited and highly judgmental parenting advice" thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement