Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

:mad:
    I just saw a few GoCompare ads. I haven't watched TV in a while, so I had no idea that they were back on. Turning the box off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

:mad:
    I just saw a few GoCompare ads. I haven't watched TV in a while, so I had no idea that they were back on. Turning the box off now.

Hope it's not inappropriate but I'd love to bury my boot up to top lace eye in that lads hoop.

Hopefully that would sort him out- for keeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

The Vodafone ad with the pig. I always think the mother is going to crush & devour the blond wan when she comes to visit

Its a very 'awkward' meet in that ad isnt it. What if the mother said 'i wish i never met you, your not good enough for my son!' ? Lol

In that Johnny's got you covered ad I've noticed when the girl kicks her shoe off she hits the lad around the heart area but he goes down clutching his balls, has he been watching too much Soccer or is he just not confident in his ability and is looking for any excuse not to go through with the deed.

Maybe hes got high balls, or they havent dropped yet? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Its a very 'awkward' meet in that ad isnt it. What if the mother said 'i wish i never met you, your not good enough for my son!' ? Lol

I think its the pause followed by the lunge by the Ma that gets to be. Like a Sumo wrestler in the circle attacking an opponent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Would someone not tell the people in the Hyundai ads that they might get to the matches a lot quicker if they used public transport instead of driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Those Vanish ads... "CONVERSATION!"...

The Tip Exchange seems to be a version of Youtube where instead of every conceivable video under the sun, there's just endless videos of people recommending that you use Vanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I know it's already mentioned on the thread, but that crunchie ad actually revolts me. 'Economic forecast, borecast' etc, and her mouth twists. Ugh.

The one for, I think, An Post mobile, with the one yacking on the phone, 'YA YA YA' while in the gym, and so on, is very tiresome also.

TV goes on silent here, once either of those ads start.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So Betway, a couple of men in a remote outpost can struggle to get a radio signal to hear commentary of a football match but has no trouble getting a data /WiFi signal to put a bet on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I know it's already mentioned on the thread, but that crunchie ad actually revolts me. 'Economic forecast, borecast' etc, and her mouth twists. Ugh.

The one for, I think, An Post mobile, with the one yacking on the phone, 'YA YA YA' while in the gym, and so on, is very tiresome also.

TV goes on silent here, once either of those ads start.

Agree. The crunchie ad = repulsive !

The one that won't STFU on the phone. How has the lad with her in the scratcher at the end, not taken a lump hammer to her the phone ? It's 2.30 in the morning !

Who signs off on this sh!te.....
    If I was working at Cadbury's and the ad agency said "this is what we're going to run with" I'd be saying....."try again"

If Cork_exile is reading, I'm not advocating bating women with lump hammers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Radio5 wrote: »
    Would someone not tell the people in the Hyundai ads that they might get to the matches a lot quicker if they used public transport instead of driving?

Every ad on YouTube when I put on the smart tv is this one :(
    My toddler loves it.
    ould fella sounds a bit like David Bowie,

I actually don't understand the ad fully, despite having seen it an awful lot. Were they actually going to the game, or were they just in the fan zone? I know it shows them in the stadium, but maybe it's a metaphor.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just saw a very bad ad for Costcutter where some male model/himbo (I don't recognise him but he might be a soccer player?) is basically doing blue steel whilst pondering whether to have a snack or a drink, then grins like a homicidal maniac whilst holding a glass of red wine so far from his own body in a pose that is so unnatural the wine must be laced with rohypnol.

Interesting......

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

All costcutter ads ever are cheaply made and annoying. Radio and TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jonny's got it covered - get embarrassed every time its on and my kids are in the room! :D
    Be worse if one of your kids was called johnny. I can picture some poor parent with an innocent kid named johnny who thinks the ad is amazing and goes around saying to people "relax, johnny's got you covered" pointing at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The specsaver ad with the kid who thinks the garage remote is for his toy car. It's a hearing test he needs.

madmaggie wrote: »
    The specsaver ad with the kid who thinks the garage remote is for his toy car. It's a hearing test he needs.

Good thinking. Perhaps they could stick a 2 for 1 offer in there. :D

I actually think all of the specsavers ads are quite funny myself tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Probably been mentioned but the Sky Sports GAA ads are just awful. All they're missing is a Nathan Carter song to accompany them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

madmaggie wrote: »

I'd definitely choose this ad over the one with the dancer in the old folks' home, though... :o:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd definitely choose this ad over the one with the dancer in the old folks' home, though... :o:o;)

I used to be an activity Coordinator in a care home. I used to point to that ad and say that's basically my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

despise is a bit strong but the Actimel advert with the teacher that looks like they have just done a line of coke.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    despise is a bit strong but the Actimel advert with the teacher that looks like they have just done a line of coke.

I tried a bottle of that Actimel Sh!te once ... it never had that effect on me, still was a lazy sh!t after drinking it , therefore false advertising :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Finally found it

Doesn't the end of the recent eir ad remind you of a past life?

390205.PNG

390206.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

The Vodafone ad with the pig. I always think the mother is going to crush & devour the blond wan when she comes to visit
    I find the first one a bit creepy actually. That's where the young blonde arrives to watch telly.

At first I thought she was meant to be the guy's daughter. He looks to be in his late forties and she in her early twenties. Then when he leans in for a kiss I thought 'thank God for the pig'.

Don't know how it got past the focus groups.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I find the first one a bit creepy actually. That's where the young blonde arrives to watch telly.

At first I thought she was meant to be the guy's daughter. He looks to be in his late forties and she in her early twenties. Then when he leans in for a kiss I thought 'thank God for the pig'.

That ad has already been done to death on here and the conclusion that has been drawn from it, from a relationship aspect, is that there's actually not that much of an age gap between to two actors so it's not as unusual or creepy as you think.

For me the ad is a bit 'meh' for me and just like any other regular advert. I could never understand other peoples hatred or annoyance of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah I found the 'He's 107, she's 13' type overreaction on here more annoying then the as itself, there are ad's that I find a lot more irritating then that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

I really don't like that young mum...who keeps whispering in a sinister way...about how her baby wipes won't take marks off the wall....but they're fine for her baby....cos they're so pure....Just the creepy way she says it annoys me.

Yeah I found the 'He's 107, she's 13' type overreaction on here more annoying then the as itself,.......

yes over-reaction ... more like he is 48 and she is 25 :D -

dirty peado

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

flazio wrote: »
    I used to be an activity Coordinator in a care home. I used to point to that ad and say that's basically my job.

And do you actually say 'Shake what your mother gave ya' ? :D

• Advertisement

I've been to a focus group a couple of years back for Diageo. In that instance they just showed us still frames with illustrations. It was for the Guinness hurling 'Cubed' tournaments that used occur in the late noughties.

Hey its a modern world. Why cant a man in his 40s pull a twenty something year old? :) She looks in her 30s though albeit early 30s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement