Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I've been to a focus group a couple of years back for Diageo. In that instance they just showed us still frames with illustrations. It was for the Guinness hurling 'Cubed' tournaments that used occur in the late noughties.

s.
    That hurling cubed thing: they just showed you pictures and asked what you thought? I always presumed that whole thing was just an attempt to get some marketing going, mustn't have worked out. Know a few people who played it and said it was surreal, like playing hurling in a jail with some lads waiting to be put on remand. What was yer reaction as a focus group? (Assuming not all of the group were hurling people)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

rubadub wrote: »

well knock me down with a feather! - imagine that! :cool:

he looks much younger in GOT

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

Am I getting ahead of myself or have Rachel and Steve finally been retired?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Steve and Rachel!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

The one were the groom shaves his head just as he's about to go up the aisle. Ad for razors or whatever. The last two shots...the wife looking around with a "oh no you didnt you mad yoke" and the groom strutting up with his entourage smirking "heck yes i did" !! f*cking hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    The one were the groom shaves his head just as he's about to go up the aisle. Ad for razors or whatever. The last two shots...the wife looking around with a "oh no you didnt you mad yoke" and the groom strutting up with his entourage smirking "heck yes i did" !! f*cking hate it.

Agreed, such a platoon of **** walking up the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Agreed, such a platoon of **** walking up the aisle.

Who probably got wasted on blue WKD. :pac:

rubadub wrote: »

so he's starred in GOT - but he still wonders 'Wah she liked to watch' ?

wonder if the neighbour still lives next door to them, or if he still has that silly looking beard or shaved it off? :D

- I think I think about things too much lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

They're still present in my local BoI.

Not in person, of course - just on one of the in-branch adverts. And Rachel is on the left, so it's not unreasonable to mention her first... :o:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

so he's starred in GOT - but he still wonders 'Wah she liked to watch' ?

Well considering he's advertising Vodafone tv and GOT is shown on Sky Atlantic, it's probably not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the new mcdonalds wrap ad. what do I get, ohhhhhh what do I get, what do I get get get.....get get get....get get get

Robsweezie wrote: »
    the new mcdonalds wrap ad. what do I get, ohhhhhh what do I get, what do I get get get.....get get get....get get get

Bad enough without the jumping like a scratched record, what on earth is the point in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Bad enough without the jumping like a scratched record, what on earth is the point in that?

Agreed terrible song and its from The Buzzcocks who were one of the great punk bands back in the day!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

On the radio that "Home Instead Senior Care - To us it's personal". Sickening ****!!

Paddy Power "your Welcome!" ... what do ya mean your welcome? - whats all that about? - its normally correct to say "your welcome" when someone says "thanks" ... I dunno :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Steve and Rachel!

It's Rachel and Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Pigman in the Vodafone ad saying "I wonder what she'd like to watch" in that Hannibal Lecter voice, creepy.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Pigman in the Vodafone ad saying "I wonder what she'd like to watch" in that Hannibal Lecter voice, creepy.

She dont seem that fazed that he has a pig as a pet , and its warming up by the fire. Maybe she's attracted to men with pig Pets .. i dunno. Here I go analysing adverts again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

An ad on local radio for a credit union. The woman is almost hysterical that the " CEE EEE O phoned to say ,she got a loan. Another ad for a private hospital giving stats for various illnesses, scare tactics.

• Advertisement

That hurling cubed thing: they just showed you pictures and asked what you thought? I always presumed that whole thing was just an attempt to get some marketing going, mustn't have worked out. Know a few people who played it and said it was surreal, like playing hurling in a jail with some lads waiting to be put on remand. What was yer reaction as a focus group? (Assuming not all of the group were hurling people)

:)
    There was 8 of us there (6 of us with an interest in hurling and two arty types that seemed like they had absolutely no interest) and tbh it was fairly warmly received and did sound better proposed. when i initially heard the idea the first thing sprung to mind was the Nike Cage tournament (from that 02 world cup ad with elvis little less conversation playing) and it made it all sound so more glamorous.

I never did play it in the end but seen pictures of the actual event. It was a bit of a let down tbh but yeah the proposed ad was just still pictures with a voice describing what was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

Ad for crackers on tele yesterday with bridesmaids mouthing along to a song with their mouths opening extremely wide, deforming saying 'oh oh ooohhhhh' etc really annoys me, its for some type of crack not sure prob jacobs

i dont quite like adverts that dont seem to sell stuff - that Keelings strawberry one for example. - family people eating strawberrys or seeing the fella go in to greenhouse to pick them (hold on wouldnt it be Polish immigrants picking them allegedly being paid next to nothing?) and a soundtrack of "Hi - Ho, Hi Ho, its off to work we go" doesnt really make me reach for the car keys to go out to the supermarket to by these strawberrys to be honest.

i dont quite like adverts that dont seem to sell stuff - that Keelings strawberry one for example. - family people eating strawberrys or seeing the fella go in to greenhouse to pick them (hold on wouldnt it be Polish immigrants picking them being paid next to nothing?) and a soundtrack of "Hi - Ho, Hi Ho, its off to work we go" doesnt really make me reach for the car keys to go out to the supermarket to by these strawberrys to be honest.

How do you establish the are being "paid next to nothing" and then plaster it all over an Internet forum.

You need to address this issue, pronto, as legal proceedings could be be imminent, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Paddy Power "your Welcome!" ... what do ya mean your welcome? - whats all that about? - its normally correct to say "your welcome" when someone says "thanks" ... I dunno :confused:

Vive la bantz, indeed.

You absolute f*ckin ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Vive la bantz, indeed.

You absolute f*ckin ****.

:eek:

Oh God, they don't say that, do they? Did you just make that bit up?

I've heard "craic and bants" on one of their ads, which was bad enough. Them and the "Ladbrokes Life". Nothing sadder than giving into that bullsh!t... wouldn't wager the steam off my p!ss with those - like you say - absolute f*ckin ****.

How do you establish the are being "paid next to nothing" and then plaster it all over an Internet forum.

You need to address this issue, pronto, as legal proceedings could be be imminent, in my opinion.

ahem ... adds the word *allegedly* to my post - pronto! :rolleyes:

ahem ... adds the word *allegedly* to my post - pronto! :rolleyes:

Very good call, Andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

fricatus wrote: »
    :eek:

Oh God, they don't say that, do they? Did you just make that bit up?

I've heard "craic and bants" on one of their ads, which was bad enough. Them and the "Ladbrokes Life". Nothing sadder than giving into that bullsh!t... wouldn't wager the steam off my p!ss with those - like you say - absolute f*ckin ****.

I'd hate myself if i made that up.

The spanners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

1916 ad there just appearing on rte 2 during the Apres Match slot!!!!, George the dirty teddy bear found on the street by the little one, whaaa??

Now if the bear was possessed by an evil spirit and started going on the rampage , now that would make good telly, c'mon RTE up it a bit, will ya!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement