Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

1916 ad there just appearing on rte 2 during the Apres Match slot!!!!, George the dirty teddy bear found on the street by the little one, whaaa??

Now if the bear was possessed by an evil spirit and started going on the rampage , now that would make good telly, c'mon RTE up it a bit, will ya!!!!!

What the hell WAS that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

"In the dark with your internet health"

- I didn't know you could get bacterial vaginosis and thrush from using the internet :eek:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

my3cents wrote: »

- I didn't know you could get bacterial vaginosis and thrush from using the internet :eek:

;)

Well, you can get cancer from spending too long on 4chan. :pac:

my3cents wrote: »

;)

Thank you! I hear "internet" every time too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

flazio wrote: »
    So Betway, a couple of men in a remote outpost can struggle to get a radio signal to hear commentary of a football match but has no trouble getting a data /WiFi signal to put a bet on it?

They weren't in south Kildare, can't even get a phone signal around here nevermind 3g...

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Those stupid airplane making idiots on the break during the Graham Norton show on utv...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

whats that bloody gorilla thing on the Bus Eireann adverts - blooding frightening for kids, and if you get on the wrong side of gorillas they can be mean bloody buggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I don't hate it but who or what is (a) Hannah Ware.
    And what has she to do with that car ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My name's Hannah Ware. Acting gives me the abil....

F*ck off Hannah Ware, you're on every single ad break you smug cow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ofcork

An actress apparently her sister is singer jessie ware!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭squonk

ofcork wrote: »
    An actress apparently her sister is singer jessie ware!

Who is Jesse Ware? Looks like I'm 2 for 2 with my not knowing those siblings! :)

i dunno who the feck jessie ware / hanna ware ... Tupper ware is and why should I buy that car because an unknown actress drives it pray tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is a geezer <POP!> This is a sneezer <POP!>...

What in the name of fcuk? It might be the ad I despise the most apart from the Vodafone pig ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Omackeral wrote: »
    My name's Hannah Ware. Acting gives me the abil...
    Not sure if I saw it before but found it on youtube. These types of ads always amuse me. The real line should be

"my name's Hannah Ware, I have to tell you my name since hyundai were too fecking cheap to fork out the cash for a celebrity the majority of people would recognise, by being forced to name myself I am now fully aware I am a z list celeb, but I'll be glad of the cash. If you buy a car on the back of this you are a moron, the marketing cash they squandered on me could have got you a better car for the same money ".

gowan, give it a lash Jacqueline! - I dont despise it, I just wanted to say the line ... :D ... badly dubbed in places tho

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Haven't seen the one where the young lad wants the Fairy bottle to make a spaceship with the father giving him a 'Why don't you want a Playstation ya weirdo' look mentioned yet, I imagine in real life the young lad would have got bored waiting and moved on to looking for something else, woeful stuff.

i know its not christmas , but that feckin ad 3 kept wheeling out with that girl wanting a feckin cloud full of snow - god they play that to death at Christmas ... IRL what kid would be pleased with a cloud for christmas ... even if it did sno on demand, in all honesty? , little girl would most probably play with it for 5 minutes at the most and wished her old man would have bought her an i-pad or something instead like my little pony something that would have lasted and she can pass onto her children one day in the future ... - ironically Three dont even sell clouds! snow clouds, rain clouds or any other clouds - I aked once when I was looking at a phone once....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The Aldi ads, all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Just saw ad for either Burgerking or McDonalds.This bubble permed spaz being asked inside by his girlfriend and doing some kind of victory dance to this horrible song with irritating shrieking female vocals..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

The one where she could really go for a snack, but never does.

What have they done with the 'milky bar kid' ? - just seen an advert tonight, and he no longer says "The Milky Bars are on Me!!" - my life is ruined now - I dont take well to change!

that lazy b!tch who sits down and tells her fella she wants some M&M's out of the cupboard. What a lazy cow -

that lazy b!tch who sits down and tells her fella she wants some M&M's out of the cupboard. What a lazy cow -

That's the one! ^^^^

The morbid one, where the widow relives her (married) life. An ad for furniture. Jaysus...

you get in the Bowl ! - them M&M's have got terrible anger issues ...

tampopo wrote: »
    The morbid one, where the widow relives her (married) life. An ad for furniture. Jaysus...

the wailing song in the background is like nails scraping down a blackboard :eek: ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh jesus, the one for that mobile phone company (who cares which one, as if they aren't all identical) with the Dad and kid who go camping and can't last one evening without getting the mobiles out to watch movies.

Are your customers that useless that they can't entertain themselves in the great outdoors for one poxy evening? Imbeciles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement