Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was just going to mention that ad. Its actually quite unnerving. He says poo far too many times for it to be cute/acceptable/good marketing. Not mention the fact that he looks like one of the Children of the Corn.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Ok, seen this ad again last night and it is really pi*sing me off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgDHvZLiDJI

Share the hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Nightwish wrote: »
    I was just going to mention that ad. Its actually quite unnerving. He says poo far too many times for it to be cute/acceptable/good marketing. Not mention the fact that he looks like one of the Children of the Corn.

Having no children myself I can't really say if it does, but I wouldnt have thought the smell was something a young child would be worrying about. I could be wrong of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

One that really irks me is the Hibernian Aviva ad. It's already been mentioned but for different reasons. The part that irks me is "From things we thought we were important." Cue two blondes OMGing over shoes. "To things that really are." Enter family of four strolling on the beach.

Now, I'm not suggesting that the ad is mistaken and it actually is shoes that are important. Of course not. But I think it's unfair to compare the two as I see the women as being at different stages of their lives.

What's wrong with a 20 year old woman, who maybe does want kids someday but isn't ready for them yet, treating herself to shoes? It doesn't mean she thinks that shoes are, and will always be, the most important thing in her life. She's just not ready to have a child yet.

Plus, I don't think they took into account people who don't want/can't have children.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Speaking of Hibernian, I hate the one that advertises their rescue service, mainly because the smiley cartoon has nothing to do with the reality of a situation like that. Last time I used them the rescue guy made me feel like crap. It really annoys me when I see ads like that because they clearly couldn't care less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

janeybabe wrote: »
    Speaking of Hibernian, I hate the one that advertises their rescue service, mainly because the smiley cartoon has nothing to do with the reality of a situation like that. Last time I used them the rescue guy made me feel like crap. It really annoys me when I see ads like that because they clearly couldn't care less.
    Their rescue service is worse than useless. You would be better off paying for the AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Time for a good ad break i think............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9XDJ9CQjc&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

i hope i can speak for a lot of people here when i say harvey hardly normal ads piss me off something serious, im kinda relieved he'll be pulling some shops out of here, theres only so much of the shouting one can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Good looking guys.

The Skoda Octavia ad......Why do they have american accents...bizarre :confused: on Youtube theres several versions for different countries ,but we get yanks....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Any of the Cobra beer ads
    The ad for Chaffes (SP) you know for overweight people so their thighs don't rub together
    but they have skinny people jumping in the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

That 3 ad with 'Mobile Bill',really annoys me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

any ad that mentions "because we're irish"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Big Phil

the worst ads have to be those for confused.com, stupid people in tacky props!!

yer man barry from those cillit bang ads wrecks my head also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im sure ringtone ad's get done to death in this thread, but a recent one caught my eye

The farting ringtone, where the jap business men are in the lift
    I swear to god, I think it was shown twice in the same ad break last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Poo in Pauls. Havn't read the thread, I'm sure it's been mentioned.
    Someone should report it. Trying to eat chocolate ice cream and watch telly is a hazzard now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Cringer wrote: »
    Having no children myself I can't really say if it does, but I wouldnt have thought the smell was something a young child would be worrying about. I could be wrong of course.

Some girls of certain ages will. In general boys wont. Even grown men won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

The McVitie's Chocolate Digestive Ad. where one piece of corn is telling the other piece of corn, through song, that she's goona be a chocolate digestive. Pretty annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

ratmouse wrote: »
    The McVitie's Chocolate Digestive Ad. where one piece of corn is telling the other piece of corn, through song, that she's goona be a chocolate digestive. Pretty annoying.

i

love

that

ad

:D

That new singing Peugeot 207 ad..on first viewing i thought it was going to end in a horrible crash...now i wish it had....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

those new ads describing what happens to a person having a stroke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Mikosyko wrote: »

Oh **** yeah, I saw it the other night and its disturbing to say the least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The D4 bitch going on about flares.

Mikosyko wrote: »

Horrible to watch...but very effective on the other hand...sorry no pun intended.:o

Also find the ISPCC ad a bit sad for obvious reasons...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The new Twix ad. Great song but they have some f**kin woman singing instead of Johnny Nash. Here's how the song should sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwJ-g0iJ6w :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Lloyd Grosman Ad - The sauce with a distinctive taste - annoying Ad?

Poll here – pls have a look and vote

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055488781

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

padz wrote: »
    i hope i can speak for a lot of people here when i say harvey hardly normal ads piss me off something serious, im kinda relieved he'll be pulling some shops out of here, theres only so much of the shouting one can take.

They took that ad off Lyric FM I think. i stopped listening to the station around the same time, the trauma of it.

Ever notice the ads on tv are always at a higher volume? I always keep the mute button handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

mick_irl wrote: »
    I saw an ad today on C4 for some Glade air freshener where some kid announces to his mother that he wants to "do a poo" but he will only do it at his mates house cause they have the air freshener.

Most disturbing ad I've seen in a while.

And it's dubbed badly, so it makes them look evil.

Everyone involved in the making of that ad should be killed.

I like the Cadbury ad, the people behind those ads are very imaginative, gotta hand it to them.

Gorilla playing drums = brilliant.
    Freaky children moving their eyebrows = NOT brilliant.

They really should have stuck with the gorilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They really should have stuck with the gorilla.
    Never understood that one.

The airport race was the best one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Never understood that one.

The airport race was the best one.

Ah, so a selection of service vehicles having cognitive thought and organising a race around the airport for themselves is grand, but a primate hitting things is way too out there? :D

I liked the gorilla, but I too preferred the airport one.

(Still get queasy when I hear that music for the deformo kids ad mind you. )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement