Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

It was acceptable in the noughties. :D Anything with a pulse in front of a bank manager got more credit than they needed.
    :)
    Is that not why they had to flee Ireland with their tale between their legs, have they not learnt anything?:)

patmac wrote: »
    Is that not why they had to flee Ireland with their tale between their legs, have they not learnt anything?:)

Probably just to get people in the door, reject them for whatever and fob off some other shít on them that they dont need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

patmac wrote: »
    The Halifax ad with Topcat is wrong on so many levels.
    It's about a talking cat being approved immediately (despite not having a job or security) for a mortgage for a €10.99 bin from Woodies(wonder what the repayments are for that probably €11.99 per month for 20 years) whilst another cat plays a violin. Meanwhile outside the local English copper with a New York accent twirls his baton around waiting for the RSPCA to report him.
    Still it's better than listening to their employees sing shoite versions of 80's song.
    It was acceptable in the noughties. :D Anything with a pulse in front of a bank manager got more credit than they needed.

The former brookside actress in that same ad has something foxy about her still :)

Halifax will never make an ad as good as this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

The girl in that ad is nice though.

is she in the fruit pastille ad too? - chewing at the end?

Rorok wrote: »
    I love that one. The Dad gets his son a bike for his birthday and goes inside and is like happy birthday and points outside. Then the kid hops in the car and drives away, happy as hell

I dont suppose the questions about has he passed his test and is he insured to drive the car has even been challenged? ;)

• Advertisement

Love how you're meant to sympathise with beardy hipster guy. Rachel and Steve (well maybe not Steve) would be great craic. I like their "hope ya like Heavy Metal" joke.

Could be worse, could have got a neighbour who said "hope ya like smell of dead corpses? - we kill next door neighbours and store them in outside drains ..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

I hate that MacDonald's ad, with guy going on about summer and how "people are showing their hotdog legs and doing the bee dance". It's is just try-hard and cringeworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I dont suppose the questions about has he passed his test and is he insured to drive the car has even been challenged? ;)

It probably has something about warranty at the end so it's all g

dont like these bloody adverts where they use the same bit of tune - tonight I see an advert for Danone yoghurt with the tune "express yourself" - last month DFS where using the same bit of musac on their Sofa ads - talk about confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I find the new Bus Eireann disturbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Shannon757 wrote: »

I've yet to see it, is it related to that ad on Bus Eireann's site of the Honey Monster's red cousin carrying a little girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Shannon757 wrote: »
    The background music reminds me of the music in the Johnnies got you covered ad. Strange but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Caroline7

The new one with the girl on the bed whose teeth start falling out !
    No idea what it's about but I've never reached for a remote so quickly !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I've yet to see it, is it related to that ad on Bus Eireann's site of the Honey Monster's red cousin carrying a little girl?

It is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Wife is watching big brother again, those sponsor ad's at the beginning and end of every ad break (boohoo) with that awful song in the background (beh, beh, beh, beh, beh, beh beh bah) with the annoying geebags modeling the clothes (in some sort of supposedly energetic and kinetic fashion, no pun intended) melt my brain almost as much as the childish ar5eholes on the program itself.

Glazers Out!

Caroline7 wrote: »

thats popcorn shes spitting out her mouth ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The Coors Light ad with Van Damme explaining how cold it is.

Put on a fecking jacket instead of your sleeveless vest if you are so cold.

The Dettol Washing Machine cleaner "mum, this washing machine stinks!" - well feckin here you go heres a scrubbing brush and soap, climb into the washing machine drum and give it a good scrub you cheeky little Sh!t ....

And next time sync your voice with your mouth!

Caroline7 wrote: »

C*rs*dyl.

The name may as well be a profanity at this stage... :mad: :o :mad: :o

C*rs*dyl.

The name may as well be a profanity at this stage... :mad: :o :mad: :o

Someone told me it had Chloroform or cyanide or something in it once that shtuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

That new dairygold add, it's only bleeding butter ffs!

Someone told me it had Chloroform or cyanide or something in it once that shtuff :D

Water, peppermint oil, sorbitol, ethanol, macrogolglycerol hydroxystearate, chlorhexidine digluconate... yep, some of those ingredients don't sound nice. :o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

EICVD wrote: »

IT'S NOT EVEN BUTTER!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The slogan on that Rowntrees ad should be changed to "The Smile Wrecking Factory"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The slogan on that Rowntrees ad should be changed to "The Smile Wrecking Factory"
    The thump thump in that ad does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

madmaggie wrote: »
    The thump thump in that ad does my head in.

I guess it gives you a thumping headache.....

EICVD wrote: »
    IT'S NOT EVEN BUTTER!!!

I cant believe its not butter! :P

is that woman who chews at the end the same one off the axa red line ads?

is that woman who chews at the end the same one off the axa red line ads?

Same actress was in a drama with James Nesbitt called the Secret recently where she played the murdered wife (Leslie Howell) of Nesbitts character Colin Howell. Worth a look but very tragic story. Lives wasted for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Half saw this ridiculous ad earlier,think it was for some mobile provider.A woman holding up a pair of knickers for what feels like ages and making stupid annoying faces.WTF is that about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement