Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

darkdubh wrote: »
    Half saw this ridiculous ad earlier,think it was for some mobile provider.A woman holding up a pair of knickers for what feels like ages and making stupid annoying faces.WTF is that about

lengths Tesco Mobile will go to, to get more customers ,thats what its about :)

Saw the Eircode ad on RTE tonight, the one with the guy calling for an ambulance for his mother, "somewhere near Kilmac, we're new here" - and for some reason his mother had written down her Eircode, but not her address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Saw the Eircode ad on RTE tonight, the one with the guy calling for an ambulance for his mother, "somewhere near Kilmac, we're new here" - and for some reason his mother had written down her Eircode, but not her address?

Oh please god don't let that advert start Eircode "debate" in this forum :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"Where to?"
    "The butchers please David."
    "Roger."
    "Oh sorry... Roger. "

Really sick of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Every IKEA ad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

EICVD wrote: »
    Every IKEA ad!

I don't mind some of them but the one ATM with the grandfather and grandchild making food drives me mad. Absolute drivel. The grandfather reminds me of Mickey Rooney. *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

The auld bastard in the ikea ad. It's a creepy ad. I hate his face so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

"Where to?"
    "The butchers please David."
    "Roger."
    "Oh sorry... Roger. "

Really sick of that one.

You would think that with the money the lottery is making they would commission a few new ads. Those ones with the auld wan are so tiresome at this stage.

ollaetta wrote: »
    You would think that with the money the lottery is making they would commission a few new ads. Those ones with the auld wan are so tiresome at this stage.

she goes to put her shopping in the boot, which happens to have an engine that looks like something out of Back to the Future! - put the shopping under the front bonnet ya silly moo! , am sure thats the boot on that car :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Every IKEA ad!

WTF are the point of those ads? Ikea from what Ive seen make good products. So why dont they show their products in the ad? The one with the mangy eagle in it with the psychedelic music used to grind my gears.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I dont like the ad/trailer for the Paralympics. It feels way too long and the song is too repetitive. Its like the phrase "Yes I can", repeated 84 times. If you watch Channel 4, E4, More 4 or anything else in the 4 family it feels like its on every 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Every IKEA ad!

The latest one with that wan singing/shrieking in it "... you and mEEEEeeEE, baby" etc. makes me mute the telly every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

The latest one with that wan singing/shrieking in it "... you and mEEEEeeEE, baby" etc. makes me mute the telly every time.
    the worst one for me was about 5 years ago with those two clowns singing about a party in the kitchen or something

smilerf wrote: »
    the worst one for me was about 5 years ago with those two clowns singing about a party in the kitchen or something

Yep,and of course that awful song got back into the charts because of that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

smilerf wrote: »

I didn't mind that ad too much. Thought the backing singers were passable.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5jhpsAe-4

1.618 wrote: »
    I didn't mind that ad too much. Thought the backing singers were passable.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5jhpsAe-4

Wowzarooney :eek: wouldnt mind finding them in the kitchen at parties ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Haha, I stopped watching telly as the adverts just drove me round the bend, although now and then I'll be out with my Dad or Brothers to watch a match and it's insane the amount of betting ads that are shown during half time, never seen anything like it!

Funny enough, up until a while back there were a fair few Wonga / pay day loan ads dropped in there too, does this bother anyone else?

Haha, I stopped watching telly as the adverts just drove me round the bend, although now and then I'll be out with my Dad or Brothers to watch a match and it's insane the amount of betting ads that are shown during half time, never seen anything like it!

Funny enough, up until a while back there were a fair few Wonga / pay day loan ads dropped in there too, does this bother anyone else?

That's not Irish TV stations though, far as I know we have a law against that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

That's not Irish TV stations though, far as I know we have a law against that stuff.

Yeah that's true, like I say I don't really watch telly anymore, the only times is if I'm out watching football which is almost always from a UK channel.

To be honest I'm amazed that they're allowed get away with the amount of ads for betting, and I'd say those companies are paying top whack for it as there's very little time for adverts during half time.

Yeah that's true, like I say I don't really watch telly anymore, the only times is if I'm out watching football which is almost always from a UK channel.

To be honest I'm amazed that they're allowed get away with the amount of ads for betting, and I'd say those companies are paying top whack for it as there's very little time for adverts during half time.

I watch a lot of UK TV too on Sky, the pay day loans, the PPI stuff, injury lawyers, betting and gambling, online bingo sites, none of this is allowed on Irish advertising and thank glob for that, not only because it's irresponsible, it's extremely annoying.

my3cents wrote: »
    Oh please god don't let that advert start Eircode "debate" in this forum :mad:

Don't start it so!!:pac:

• Advertisement

The yes I can ads on E4 & Channel 4 are so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Those Haribo ads, ridiculously immature & not in the slightest bit funny!

Those Haribo ads, ridiculously immature & not in the slightest bit funny!

children might find it funny, the adults with the kiddy voices yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

children might find it funny
    if they do it should be no sweets for a week as punishment.

Found this site for fellow ad haters, lots of use of the c word if you are easily offended.
    http://adturds.co.uk/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Just saw that Haribo ad with the rugby team talking in childrens voices.Horrible!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

Subway ad. The lad with a girl who looks like she has the appetite of a sparrow and he is worried that she will order the whole menu, as for two tickets for the love train, I can't look at a Subway outlet without feeling nauseous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The yes I can ads on E4 & Channel 4 are so annoying

I like them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the crunchie advert set in the boardroom "obey your mouth" , it has actually put me off wanting to buy them

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

silverharp wrote: »
    the crunchie advert set in the boardroom "obey your mouth" , it has actually put me off wanting to buy them

Businesswoman eats a Crunchie and turn into a scouser scumbag. She'll probably quit her job and go on to claim benefits, appear on Jeremy Kyle with bad teeth and breed like rats with chav rats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

The Back to School bundle ad by Bord Gais was on just now. It's the 30th July. Just fcuk right off!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement