Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ollaetta wrote: »
    The Back to School bundle ad by Bord Gais was on just now. It's the 30th July. Just fcuk right off!

used to hate that when I was little, just only broke up from school for summer holliers and there were bleeding back to school ads on TV !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Not mainly on tv but have seen a couple, those bloody game of war ads (and total war ads I think). Where they have the COMPLETELY realistic game thing, where it's like entering a room with someone and your diving for cover and the upgraded graphics while the thing that's happening in the trailer never happens in game, and they never mention all the special gems you probably have to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ofcork

They normally have not actual game footage written at the bottom of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

An ad on local radio for a Christmas meal/entertainment deal. FFS, it's August 1st.

• Advertisement

I was watching that fruit pastel advert in the daytime when it first come on where yer woman puts the fruit pastels in her mouth and chews, and me wife was shopping in town and I actually phoned her up and said do us a favour can you buy me a packet of fruit pastels please I really fancy some - heres where advertising works! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

Just witnessed a new Cosadyl ad. Beautiful woman wakes up in bed and unexpectedly starts to spit out all her teeth into her hand. Then relief, it's only a terrible scary dream. Relieved beautiful woman walks into bathroom to reveal, she is missing a tooth! Then the voice-over says something like, how reality can be scarier than nightmares in a vaguely threatening manner.

The company who came up with "for people who spit blood when they brush their teeth" as a company slogan have teamed up with the producers of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

what could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The Always Ultra advert about girls in sport.

50% of girls give up sport when they hit puberty.

The insinuation is that someone is forcing them to give up sport (possibly the 'Patriarchy').

If girls want to play sport, nobody is stopping them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Archeron wrote: »
    Just witnessed a new Cosadyl ad. Beautiful woman wakes up in bed and unexpectedly starts to spit out all her teeth into her hand. Then relief, it's only a terrible scary dream. Relieved beautiful woman walks into bathroom to reveal, she is missing a tooth! Then the voice-over says something like, how reality can be scarier than nightmares in a vaguely threatening manner.

The company who came up with "for people who spit blood when they brush their teeth" as a company slogan have teamed up with the producers of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

what could go wrong?

I agree. That advert is a horror show. Might even work!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

darkdubh wrote: »
    Just saw that Haribo ad with the rugby team talking in childrens voices.Horrible!:mad:

Whatever creative came up with that should take a proper look at themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

"gotta get away now, gotta go see ya later..."

the Chivers Jelly advert where the kid comes in and says "can I have this?" (meaning the ipad) ... whatever happened to manners and the extra word "please"

Watch out for the continuity error, she puts down the ipad face down and in the next frame its face up for the rest of the advert.

and the father in the other ad "has anyone seen my keys? .... anyone??" - again the word 'please' missing ... he looks a right ignorant git anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That TicTac advert. "Join a queue and shout 'CONGAAAA'. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

blueser wrote: »

Try that at the queue in Borza's in the Neilstown SC of a Sahurday night.

Uhmmmmmmmm ...............

blueser wrote: »

There's a twat I know who did that and everyone just glared at him, then when we asked him what the hell he was doing he said its from that tic tac ad. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I cannot f**king STAND that poncey song for the 123.ie ad. Really irritating.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    "gotta get away now, gotta go see ya later..."

Twould make your ears bleed. One of the worst jingles ive ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I cannot f**king STAND that poncey song for the 123.ie ad. Really irritating.

I like it - Bruno Mars song innit?

Rorok wrote: »
    There's a twat I know who did that and everyone just glared at him, then when we asked him what the hell he was doing he said its from that tic tac ad. :pac:

certainly be out of place if you done it at a funeral :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Rorok wrote: »

Did anyone punch him?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That wooden bear in the Müller Rice ad.

Love to leave a loafer hanging out of his hole.

Annoying kernt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Them two kids in the new Milky Way ad playing with the balloons. Particularly the boy. Looks like the kind of annoying chap you'd see be a pain in the hole in public.

Them two kids in the new Milky Way ad playing with the balloons. Particularly the boy. Looks like the kind of annoying chap you'd see be a pain in the hole in public.

Saw that, they're both having fun messing with balloons and then the mom grabs the boys one and tosses him a packet, then steals some back?

So then, this Carroll's Ham advert .... did they really cut the dog's fur like that for the advert? :eek:

i'm an animal lover and I hate animal abuse of any kind so thats me never using them for my bloody sarnies any more - its Denny (or LIDL/ALDI equivilent) from now on! ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

So then, this Carroll's Ham advert .... did they really cut the dog's fur like that for the advert? :eek:

i'm an animal lover and I hate animal abuse of any kind so thats me never using them for my bloody sarnies any more - its Denny (or LIDL/ALDI equivilent) from now on! ....

Eh, there's a problem in your logic there Andy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

That po xy vanish ad with the "TIPS",

Got chocolate stain on your clothes? well rub a bit on the stain add a scoop to the wash and voila.

Got wine stain on your clothes? well rub a bit on the stain add a scoop to the wash and voila.

Got grass stain on your clothes? well rub a bit on the stain add a scoop to the wash and voila.

Got scutter stain on your clothes? well rub a bit on the stain add a scoop to the wash and voila.

No matter what the stain the "TIP IS THE F*CKING SAME"

It drives me mad it does, it does, it really does.

Eh, there's a problem in your logic there Andy!

yeah I had a thought about that after I wrote n posted it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

So, you're an animal lover Andy?

feed%20the%20pig.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

yeah I had a thought about that after I wrote n posted it :D

Does that mean you were telling porkies?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement