Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

The Quote Devil ad that pops up on tv3s Ireland Am every 5 seconds is annoying as Hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The online advertisement for making Wix Website

get thehellouttamyface:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The latest in the series of EE mobile ads on British TV this time highlighting their soccer app, with Rio Ferdinand and a host of Premiership Soccer managers. I don't care how much money you guys are getting for this stuff - what price dignity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Galaxy chocolate ads.
    The one they run to death with the Audrey Hepburn type set on the Italian/French coast.

Firstly, it turns out Audrey is a bit of a slapper. One little look by Gino Mc Sleeze and Audrey thinks, “sure I’ll go with him, he’s probably hung like a baboon”. Easiest pull ever !
    Also seems she’s a thieving bitch. Openly mugs the bus driver for his hat and gives it to Gino. That bus driver will have to replace that hat from his own pocket and it’s not a well paid job.

So Gino, having pulled the bit of skirt, drives off in his RH drive car (possible on the continent I know) on the LH side of the road. I think they had to end the ad there as the head-on with the olive truck at the next corner was horrific, especially as nobody was wearing seatbelts.

The Galaxy Duo (or whatever)
    Girl in rec studio doing her 'Moon River' half verse, good voice..... bearable,
    In comes hip o’dog snoop and murders the song with some rap sh!te........painful !

[note to self: get out more]

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

1.618 wrote: »
    Galaxy chocolate ads.
    The one they run to death with the Audrey Hepburn type set on the Italian/French coast.

And you haven't mentioned the uncanny valley aspect of it, it's unnerving, the worst thing about that pile of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

A bear scratching its back and Cadbury's chocolate and what looks like the same bear scratching its back and feminine itching, there has to be a connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a Deezer ad with a pug and an Irish wolfhound and its pretty clear they could get the dogs to do absolutely nothing on the day they were filming, its supposed to be a contrast between the pug listening to one streaming service and the wolfhound listening to Deezer but both dogs just sit there looking nervous, this plus the other stupid popping noise one make these ads the worst of the year so far for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I was hoping I'd seen the last of Wayne Rooney and his bird and cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

The advert for looking back to talk to your kids whilst driving... Christ it's the most drawn out crap. The way it starts off with her miserable in her 70's and goes backwards to the crash.

Aarrrrrggghhhhhh

italodisco wrote: »
    The advert for looking back to talk to your kids whilst driving... Christ it's the most drawn out crap. The way it starts off with her miserable in her 70's and goes backwards to the crash.

Aarrrrrggghhhhhh

The young woman herself is a milf and a half though ;)

"Sally o'brien and the way she'd look at ya.....before the car met a truck head on" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

just seen this oral b one again tonight and it makes me feel like punching the TV screen! - yer one with her dazzling overly white gnashers ...! -i hate it and I hate her!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

The Subway ad with your woman deciding on what to have for lunch while your man sweats. Then he pushes her toward the cheap meal, and she says Turkey & Ham while sounding like your feckin' Auntie Carmel. Do these people never actually consider that maybe the voice should go with the face?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

just seen this oral b one again tonight and it makes me feel like punching the TV screen! - yer one with her dazzling overly white gnashers ...! -i hate it and I hate her!! :mad:

She has a fair set of delph for sure

she's nearly almost having sex with that tube of oral b toothpaste in places she loves it so much!! - im sure thats un-natural .... still each to their own I suppose! ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

italodisco wrote: »

Aarrrrrggghhhhhh

Mrs Syklops makes me change the channel when that ad comes on. I dont blame her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

The crazy whiter-than-white whiteness looks like the same post production technique used in the Oprah Winfrey interview with Whitney Houston. It's not just the teeth. The eyes get the treatment as well.

https://youtu.be/U2cqJ7SKfO8?t=294

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is some ad on the TV now with a ping sound that sounds like my philips airfryer, I use a laptop during ad breaks and kept hearing it, went out to check it twice last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Probably already been nominated (if it hasn't, it should have been!); that Ikea ad with the auld fella (and his grand-daughter, presumably) in the kitchen doing some cooking. It's just as well my telly is wall mounted, otherwise it would have gone through the window by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

blueser wrote: »
    Probably already been nominated (if it hasn't, it should have been!); that Ikea ad with the auld fella (and his grand-daughter, presumably) in the kitchen doing some cooking. It's just as well my telly is wall mounted, otherwise it would have gone through the window by now!

I think that's a cute ad

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

silverharp wrote: »
    I think that's a cute ad

I don't mind it either. It was only after several watches that I noticed at the very end the subtle face of disgust on the granda when he final tasted the concoction they made, at 50seconds

I wish they just had variation on these ads, they must do loads of takes so could just create loads of ads. Its when they are repeated non stop I get sick of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

rubadub wrote: »
    I don't mind it either. It was only after several watches that I noticed at the very end the subtle face of disgust on the granda when he final tasted the concoction they made, at 50seconds

I wish they just had variation on these ads, they must do loads of takes so could just create loads of ads. Its when they are repeated non stop I get sick of them.

Look, the child's dinner was in the fridge the whole time, if that oul codger is too bleedin senile to not look in the fridge in the first place then he shouldn't be left minding a child, definitely a head wrecker of an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Look, the child's dinner was in the fridge the whole time, if that oul codger is too bleedin senile to not look in the fridge in the first place then he shouldn't be left minding a child, definitely a head wrecker of an ad.

boo! I see granddad turning a chore into a bit of fun to have a laugh with his granddaughter.

I missed the grimace at the end

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

What in the name of Jesus Christ Almighty were they smoking when they came up with "Free the TV" as an advertising slogan? And now giving it a second run, as if there was nothing wrong with it?

Surely "free the nipple", was an obscene and intentionally provocative campaign by hardcore feminists and directed at other radical feminists, a small proportion of people? What were they thinking thinking it would be somehow cool to alter that into a tv slogan?

Am I missing something here? Was there some other "free the...." campaign I'm unaware of? Are the Saorview people so out of touch they were basically unaware of the campaign and accidentally copied it subconsciously thinking they came up with something original? Struggling to understand this. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well said that man!

Its not a grimace of disgust at the food they'd made, its a guilty expression because the mother told him to give the girl her lunch and he thought this meant cook and wreck the place instead of just taking it out of the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

What are the IKEA ads advertising though at the end of the day - they would be more true to life someone trying to put together one of their flatpacks and searching high and low for screw number 43 thats in the diagram in the box ... you know the most vital screw of the whole set up that keeps the whole bit of crap together that always seems to be missing in the box! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

yep but in the defense of the senile oul codger , the child's mother is speaking badly dubbed English and levering notes around the house (also English) for a man that is clearly swedish he clearly is struggling to figure out if the note says the lasagna is his or child's :rolleyes:

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No it's not, in the long version it's clear what they meant, in the short version they don't even show him finding the lunch in the fridge.

• Advertisement

anyone fed up with the "Friend Requeeeeeeeeest!" one yet? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement