Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

anyone fed up with the "Friend Requeeeeeeeeest!" one yet? :D

I actually love that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

syklops wrote: »
    I actually love that ad.

Its a bit psychotic/disturbing/bi-polar with all the demonic voices going on in her head :eek:

"....From my Boss ......I'll accept her...... OMG I'll Delete her ...... Oh, it cant be that bad! ...............I'll burst into her office and stab her with my pencil! ....." :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Presumably it's been mentioned before but the 'Go Compare' ads have to be on this list, the two latest with Greg Wallace driving a cab & the posh twats on horses certainly aren't 'fantastic'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Yee-hah! WHIP CRACK Everyone loves Fred's Homepride All American Sticky sauce.

NO, NO WE DON'T!

Definitely an advert I despise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Canesten ad. I was tucking in to my dinner this evening when the woman on the ad starts on about intimate area problems. Horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Canesten ad. I was tucking in to my dinner this evening when the woman on the ad starts on about intimate area problems. Horrible.

How desperate are these actors and actresses that they appear in ads like this and especially ones for constipation?
    Like why would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Canesten ad. I was tucking in to my dinner this evening when the woman on the ad starts on about intimate internet area health problems. Horrible.

fyp

well thats how I hear it everytime :D

Them kids in the Carrolls Ham advert are aged about 8 - why have they been caught playing with scissors? - neglect? - should i call social services?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

"Phlegm Boy"

You know who I'm talking about :D
    This chap who seems to be doing the voiceover for about 50% of Irish ads of late - mobile phone thing, the Lottery, etc

His voice gets on my fecking nerves, sounds like a 15 year old with a chest cold.

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    How desperate are these actors and actresses that they appear in ads like this and especially ones for constipation?
    Like why would you?

Because they are actors/actresses and cant get the dole?

Like why would you?

Because they are paying jobs and getting into acting can be bank breaking?
    Casting agents will also not give a ****e what the ad was for, just good exposure for the next possible role

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Orangina ad, the one set in the coliseum. The potential victim makes a glugging noise and the emperor spares him. And then the coliseum turns into a giant swimming pool. Two words, and the second one is "off"!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

blueser wrote: »
    That Orangina ad, the one set in the coliseum. The potential victim makes a glugging noise and the emperor spares him. And then the coliseum turns into a giant swimming pool. Two words, and the second one is "off"!

Yip very annoying ad and your man at the end the way he says Orangina I try to switch off before he gets to it

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Instantly mute/change the channel when that comes on.

There's nothing particularly wrong with the ad itself, it's just her voice; she sounds like a character from a dodgy 1990s cartoon. No one speaks like that in real-life, not even in their head. If I could punch her in the voice I would.

Also heard once that sometimes some actors can get paid more for doing an advert than actually starring in a film or TV programme . big money in advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Patww79 wrote: »
    I think he must mean the face he puts on when he opens the fridge. It's the face on him 53seconds in, and is definitely due to what he just tasted, its very easy to miss. EDIT: reading his posts it seems he does think its the 53second bit, makes no sense to me.

I wondered why she is dressed like Mrs Doyle from father ted. Looks like a frumpy librarian or something.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-19-at-10.16.35-617x347.png

blueser wrote: »

And to top it off, they butcher "Can't touch this" by MC Hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

That fecking canisten or whatever its called, its always coming on when I am eating, "test yourself for vaginal thrush" and some other disease I can't nor do I want to remember, vaginosous or something It makes me cringe (the ad I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The tic tac ad with the statistics about doing the same thing every day, encouraging us to shake it up. How ironic that this same ad is shown every day.

The carlsberg haircut ad with the 3 singers and the dog.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It is whooshing by you both, he makes that face because he was supposed to give her the food in the fridge, not cook, its the whole point of the ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thargor wrote: »
    It is whooshing by you both, he makes that face because he was supposed to give her the food in the fridge, not cook, its the whole point of the ad...
    Don't know if you are taking the piss or genuinely think that -does anybody else actually think that's the reason? no comments on youtube do.
    Anime Afro4 weeks ago
    Why is the old man regretting the drink at the end?
    Reply 1
    youoverzealtube
    youoverzealtube2 weeks ago
    ....cos it tastes horrible (e.g. too salty) !

Grand dad is not happy to be left with Jo (he's reading a newspaper) but he has been told to feed her. He has no idea about cooking and is confused about the implements in the very well appointed IKEA kitchen but, with Jo's help, he does his best to produce something. The food unsurprisingly tastes horrible but they do have fun !
    Mike Y3 days ago
    At 0:53 it looks like the old guy has been poisoned by their cooking!
    CrazyPanda33 - Roblox and more! -3 weeks ago
    When the Grandpa drank some of the food they made he did not have a happy face xD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Somebody, somewhere, mention some other ad so this discussion will stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Somebody, somewhere, mention some other ad so this discussion will stop.

Anyone miss "Hi! I'm Barry Scott!" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone miss "Hi! I'm Barry Scott!" ?

The shouting was shockingly persuasive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

The new tv license ad makes me want to kick a child, the focus on "you" is grating. YOU must pay, YOU must fund Miriam's 27 children.

The new tv license ad makes me want to kick a child, the focus on "you" is grating. YOU must pay, YOU must fund Miriam's 27 children.

you want to kick one of Miriam's 27 children??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I'm starting to despise that advert where the grandfather makes dinner for the grand daughter and he makes these really irritating faces during the ad as if he's a monster..even thinking about it had me angry fcuk just cancel it already it's not even remotely amusing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement