Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I'm starting to despise that advert where the grandfather makes dinner for the grand daughter and he makes these really irritating faces during the ad as if he's a monster..even thinking about it had me angry fcuk just cancel it already it's not even remotely amusing

whats that the Ikea ad is it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Yes! It goes on WAAAAY too long and the acting is cringey when he starts pretending to be a monster plus why do they both drink a glass of egg yolk in the end? Stupid unfunny ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Ads today have no relevance to what they're selling. A prime example is the washing machine repair guy with his swimming togs on under his trousers. He feckd off and washing machine has a meltdown in front of housewife. Ad is actually for EBS Mortgages i think.
    I saw an ad on E4 tonight for Bodyform sanitary products. It was a simulating a womens view of her with her knickers around her knees putting a fresh pad into them.
    Christ.
    Somethings are best left unseen. In time we're probably going to be treated to a view of the old one being removed first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

GMSA wrote: »
    Ads today have no relevance to what they're selling. A prime example is the washing machine repair guy with his swimming togs on under his trousers. He feckd off and washing machine has a meltdown in front of housewife. Ad is actually for EBS Mortgages i think.
    I saw an ad on E4 tonight for Bodyform sanitary products. It was a simulating a womens view of her with her knickers around her knees putting a fresh pad into them.
    Christ.
    Somethings are best left unseen. In time we're probably going to be treated to a view of the old one being removed first

Reminds of that extra chewing gum ad with the chinese bride. Makes absolutely no sense and the connection is not made at all

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

That new Maynards Jelly Babies ad, the one with the weeeee!, weeeeee!. If they run that followed by the Fruit Pastilles one, the boom, boom, boom, either my head will explode or the Telly is going to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsleK0skBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1fbzTciJQ
    The factories don't even make mechanical sense, arrrrgggggghhhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

The water baby wipes ad

http://youtu.be/z-p2EMt8J-0

She's constantly staring at the camera and looks like she'll cook the baby later

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Economic forecast, economic borecast!

Dear god, shoot me now...

The accent would also do your head in.

FrStone wrote: »
    Economic forecast, economic borecast!

Dear god, shoot me now...

The accent would also do your head in.

imagine though ... there are real people in this world with this kind of accent for real! :eek:

Imagine being married to one :D - would do your nut in!

eeeeeee by gum! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭squonk

I hate the IKEA ad with the grandad and the firl too. The ad doesn't make much sense but the music really grates on me. Nothing against jazz but an ad break isn't really the time to have the more freeform stuff thrown at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

squonk wrote: »
    I hate the IKEA ad with the grandad and the firl too. The ad doesn't make much sense but the music really grates on me. Nothing against jazz but an ad break isn't really the time to have the more freeform stuff thrown at you.

Hate it hate it hate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

The An Post insurance ad, where the woman straightens an empty frame on a wall then gathers her son and dog on a couch and waits for the sun to throw shadows into the picture frame. Anyone who would do something like this needs to be psychiatrically assessed and not left alone with a child and dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Sounds like there are some advantages to not being able to receive RTE :)
    Are I Mad wrote: »
    The An Post insurance ad, where the woman straightens an empty frame on a wall then gathers her son and dog on a couch and waits for the sun to throw shadows into the picture frame. Anyone who would do something like this needs to be psychiatrically assessed and not left alone with a child and dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭donegal_man

H&M ad with two gangs of children engaging in a rap/dance battle. Just everything about it

Are I Mad wrote: »

what no pokemonGo in sight? ... thats not very realistic. how long is their attention span captured for?

my3cents wrote: »
    Sounds like there are some advantages to not being able to receive RTE :)

good try, not good enough though, you cant get out of paying the TV licence that easily ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Every single Irish McDonalds ad and the Smithwicks ads, especially the music

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

marwelie wrote: »
    Every single Irish McDonalds ad and the Swithwicks ads, especially the music

IT'S MY BRAIN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

An ad on local radio for Advance Pitstop. It made me cringe, shouting at the radio FFS shut up.

another bloody teeth advert, this time listerine advanced white - she smiles at this lesbian traffic warden and the warden rips up the ticket! - yeah right, like thats gonna happen!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

There's an ad currently on Newstalk for the Make a Wish Foundation; a guy telling a story about how a load of princesses turned up at his house to surprise his sister. Its very manipulative but the most annoying part is the fake Dublin accent.

• Advertisement

History Channel for Mountain Men...You get into your square box go up in your square box press your square keys..Fecking hate it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The ad for Lurpak.
    Sick of it.
    It looks like they're trying to encourage people to cook more but where does Lurpak feature in this?

A man cooking a stir-fry...no mention of Lurpak.
    A woman cooking pasta...no mention of Lurpak.
    The only dish featuring Lurpak is a slice of buttered bread.

So why not just advertise Lurpak as being a spread instead of some kind of cooking essential?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

fussyonion wrote: »
    The ad for Lurpak.
    Sick of it.
    It looks like they're trying to encourage people to cook more but where does Lurpak feature in this?

So why not just advertise Lurpak as being a spread instead of some kind of cooking essential?!

Bring back Douglas, I say. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

fussyonion wrote: »
    The ad for Lurpak.
    Sick of it.

Thats one that annoys me on the bases of people throwing food around another offender is the Art of Kellogs. I guess the best use of bran flakes is to throw then on the floor are because they are fecking inedible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone heard the tesco mobile ad with the girl in the office? anyone hear her say "friend request"? good lord i dunno what the heck she sounds like, a boy or girl, or child! very odd sound

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyone heard the tesco mobile ad with the girl in the office? anyone hear her say "friend request"? good lord i dunno what the heck she sounds like, a boy or girl, or child! very odd sound

Ah, I think that's really funny! I admit I've started saying that (in that voice) whenever my phone unexpectedly makes a noise now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

The Aldi ad with the smug woman talking to another woman really annoys me. "He tried it, didn't like it". Bugger off.

pauliebdub wrote: »
    The Aldi ad with the smug woman talking to another woman really annoys me. "He tried it, didn't like it". Bugger off.

Yeah, agreed. Some of those Aldi ads are funny. That one is OTT, so it doesn't make any real sense.

Yeah, agreed. Some of those Aldi ads are funny. That one is OTT, so it doesn't make any real sense.

without wishing sounding like an advert nerd, its like she's talking to her friend about her kid being an expert aged 3 and the other woman is not that surprised but then she says what she got stuff from Aldi for and her friend like is surprised and doesnt believe her :)

I get it ...

• Advertisement

without wishing sounding like an advert nerd, its like she's talking to her friend about her kid being an expert aged 3 and the other woman is not that surprised but then she says what she got stuff from Aldi for and her friend like is surprised and doesnt believe her :)

I get it ...

I get it, but it would have been more believable if she'd aimed a little lower than books and brain surgery for a 6 year old. If the kid was 15 it would make perfect sense!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement