Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

the new Virgin Mobile Advert where they are dancing at a party (honestly who dances so civil like that!) and then the DJ says "Sorry I've got to go home" and then someone gets out their Tablet and plugs it in the PA system and the day is saved and yer 2 wans end up shiftin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Reminds of that extra chewing gum ad with the chinese bride. Makes absolutely no sense and the connection is not made at all

God I hate those ads - with the exaggerated chewing. If someone I knew chewed gum like that I'd fcuking kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I don't watch TV so I've been spared adverts for the most part. But home with the parents this weekend and I only saw it twice, but I took an instant hatred towards this National Lottery ad with rabbits with stupid jibjab mouths and Cork accents repeating a droning "yerralegendboy, yerralegendboy". I'll be hearing that on loop in my nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Finally got to see the (half) baked bean song add last night, definitely need the remote handy for the mute when that one comes on. Fortunately there is no song, no tune, no beat, and no rhythm so at least its not going to be become and ear worm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Lidl ads, or specifically the snip of "hey soul sister" that they play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

That feckin ad with man-child/twat Dermot Whelan who looks likes like he has just that minute gotten out of bed to make the ad.They also ripped off the disintegrating washing machine idea from the far superior "It's gonna be tropic" ad. He has ultra annoying quips like "said no-one ever" and "its not rocket science, its pocket science". After giving the tablet to, presumably, his small wife, he opens the door and doesn't even look at the guy delivering his new appliance which suspiciously is not wrapped in plastic, maybe they only sell returned goods? Either way he needs a good belt next time he opens his eyes that wide.

https://vimeo.com/168021905

OK just seen the New Heinz baked Bean advert where they want to teach you a new Baked Bean song ... hate it, bloody hate it already, triple hate it already!! :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAeQppF8lIE

The absolute ****e they come up with, do they really hope some young lads will actually learn this and it will go viral or something.FFS. I have seen this ad once and it's destined for the #1 most annoying ad.

Jikashi wrote: »
    I don't watch TV so I've been spared adverts for the most part. But home with the parents this weekend and I only saw it twice, but I took an instant hatred towards this National Lottery ad with rabbits with stupid jibjab mouths and Cork accents repeating a droning "yerralegendboy, yerralegendboy". I'll be hearing that on loop in my nightmares.

all I hear when i listen to that advert is : "Your a Legend Mate!" i never seem to hear that its "Boi"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Apache Pizza ad. Dreadful guff! Throw in a token hurley shot at the end to try and Irish it up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w-__KKJa7eM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Those new Orchard Thieves 'fox' ads ... even worse than the earlier ones. Who in the name of god dreams up these?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

sligeach wrote: »
    The Apache Pizza ad. Dreadful guff! Throw in a token hurley shot at the end to try and Irish it up.

Well in, its like they trawled through the 70s and 80s stock footage and cobbled together an ad

blueser wrote: »
    The RSA ads in particular. They're on nearly every ad break on Sky Sports. Yes; they're getting across a very important message re. texting while driving, being distracted by the rugrats in the back seats etc etc. But we don't need reminding every 15 or so minutes..

I do, I'm never off my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Smart flies New England. Smart flies Aer Lingus.....Smart can go and **** off with himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Giacomo McGubbin

I very most Irish ads very poor quality and generally quite warped and twisted. Kinda appropriate I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sligeach wrote: »

Truly awful stuff. What sort of people dance like retards while stuffing their face with pizza? The abject enthusiasm of the voiceover just churns my stomach.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Those new Orchard Thieves 'fox' ads ... even worse than the earlier ones. Who in the name of god dreams up these?!?!?!

Marketing **** who do lines of coke on Saturday nights to convince themselves there's some sort of meaning in their existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

That feckin ad with man-child/twat Dermot Whelan who looks likes like he has just that minute gotten out of bed to make the ad.They also ripped off the disintegrating washing machine idea from the far superior "It's gonna be tropic" ad. He has ultra annoying quips like "said no-one ever" and "its not rocket science, its pocket science". After giving the tablet to, presumably, his small wife, he opens the door and doesn't even look at the guy delivering his new appliance which suspiciously is not wrapped in plastic, maybe they only sell returned goods? Either way he needs a good belt next time he opens his eyes that wide.

https://vimeo.com/168021905

"Said No-one ever"

It's like they're saying, "Hey, look, we're down with the kids!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh God, McDonalds have brought back the shaving his chest ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Thargor wrote: »

I'm hatin' it.

I'm also hatin' the McCruncher ad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'm hatin' it.

Ironic really that go Harvey Go has the right to despise any advert :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

Every single toilet duck germ killer ad that has ever been. Why do you have to treat us like idiots and make stupid ghoulish looking cartoon creatures to represent germs and some magic liquid that makes them instantly disappear. Anyone buying a toilet cleaner doesn't give a **** as long as it takes the **** house smell away. We get it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Has anyone seen the ad online for Vodafone. Pig-Man, Mary and Sue in bed together. Next there will be mutant piglets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Mindset wrote: »
    Every single toilet duck germ killer ad that has ever been. Why do you have to treat us like idiots and make stupid ghoulish looking cartoon creatures to represent germs and some magic liquid that makes them instantly disappear. Anyone buying a toilet cleaner doesn't give a **** as long as it takes the **** house smell away. We get it!!

Exactly. We're not eating our ****ing cornflakes out of the jacks, it's just a hole to **** in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

The new radio and for eir sport with the lad with the mockney accent " man youniced v man sitsay" has me reaching for the off button EVERY time...grrrrr

Thargor wrote: »

Three of them aren't shaving anything, four if you include the lad with the beard :D.

That Dominos ad where the guy doing the voice over sounds like he is imitating Petyr Baelish / Little Finger (Aiden Gillens terrible accent) from Game Of Thrones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Frubes ad, or any ad featuring adults and kids having a really "normal" conversation about the product.

Coke ads can be very bad or very good but the current one is really annoying, music is extra loud and very screechy, has a load of young people on the beach and I assume it was made to look a bit like Rio for an Olympic Games tie-in. Within seconds of hearing that music I find it hard not to curse out loud and reach for mute. Unusually I couldn't find a video clip of it but did find this "banned" Coke ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLeuCxkX7Yc

I found it, this one - You do get 2/3 seconds warning before she starts her caterwauling proper which is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdpYuYkDEIc&list=PLD3ziX96q0M6KCDuOP7_DkrQg4BgLgKH7&index=3

Mindset wrote:

Well to be quite honest I am disturbed that they only kill 99% of these feckin germs, what about the remaining 1% left behind?

• Advertisement

There's a new yoplait ad featuring 98 year old woman still swimming at the end of it or something ..... I dont care!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement