Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Well to be quite honest I am disturbed that they only kill 99% of these feckin germs, what about the remaining 1% left behind?

Is that you Dara O Briain?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,342 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the Actimel advert with the teacher and the disco music? unless it comes with added cocaine I don't get the tone of the advert.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Anybody know who does the voiceover on ads for upcoming RTE 2 shows? It is excruciating.

That feckin ad with man-child/twat Dermot Whelan who looks likes like he has just that minute gotten out of bed to make the ad.They also ripped off the disintegrating washing machine idea from the far superior "It's gonna be tropic" ad. He has ultra annoying quips like "said no-one ever" and "its not rocket science, its pocket science". After giving the tablet to, presumably, his small wife, he opens the door and doesn't even look at the guy delivering his new appliance which suspiciously is not wrapped in plastic, maybe they only sell returned goods? Either way he needs a good belt next time he opens his eyes that wide.

https://vimeo.com/168021905

Malcolm in the Middle (age)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

silverharp wrote:
    the Actimel advert with the teacher and the disco music? unless it comes with added cocaine I don't get the tone of the advert.

• Advertisement

How do you know that your toothpaste is working? It turns into foam! Magic toothpaste! Is there a single advertising industry that pedals as many lies as the toothpaste/mouthwash industry? It's all scientific bullsh*t. Teeth feel stronger? Foam means effective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Unilever's (Dove soap etc) new 50sec ad is one of the worst ads I've ever seen.
    Claiming to change/save the world through FMCG's.

Ogilvy's ad has random messages throughout mashed with very generic stock video clips.
    Then 7 whole seconds of pure silence (swirling melody of random logos) at the end.

https://www.marketingweek.com/2016/09/01/unilever-puts-brands-front-and-centre-in-renewed-sustainability-push/

My guess is folks just want to see product that does what it says on the tin (like Ronseal's), maybe a few usp's also.

This ad is massaging it's own ego for 50secs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

How do you know that your toothpaste is working? It turns into foam! Magic toothpaste! Is there a single advertising industry that pedals as many lies as the toothpaste/mouthwash industry? It's all scientific bullsh*t. Teeth feel stronger? Foam means effective?

All your teeth will fall out if you don't use Corsodyl?

256xra9.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Since we're talking about toothpaste and mouthwash here, I can't resist bringing up those heavily-lipsticked models from the Colgate Max White ad again...

282nfpl.jpg

35aw3mh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,342 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Robsweezie wrote: »

indeed it starts out smug and finishes with a dose of fk you! for some reason

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That Guinness ad with the "Sappers" is back aswell, I cant stand it, its so smug and patronising like so many of their ads, the song is really irritating aswell. Another thing I hate about Guinness is the way their ads seem to take credit for stuff that has nothing to do with them like the Sappers and Munster beating the All Blacks, WTF has any of that to do with Guinness? Surprised they didn't do a 1916 ad implying that was their idea aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

There's a Microsoft tablet ad featuring some smug yank one blowing her own trumpet about how she's 'summitted' Everest 6 times.
    'Summitted '
    'Summitted '
    What sort of a word is that.
    Fecking yanks and their stupid language, mind you I wouldn't mind summitting her myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I now watch all the adverts much more seriously so I can see which ones I really despise.

Before I started following this thread I just about equally ignored all of them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

patmac wrote: »
    There's a Microsoft tablet ad featuring some smug yank one blowing her own trumpet about how she's 'summitted' Everest 6 times.
    'Summitted '
    'Summitted '
    What sort of a word is that.
    Fecking yanks and their stupid language, mind you I wouldn't mind summitting her myself.

That would male you a one time summiter :p

But that wouldn't get you on the list of summiters who have summited Everest https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mount_Everest_summiters_by_number_of_times_to_the_summit .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

All your teeth will fall out if you don't use Corsodyl?

256xra9.jpg

Also the teeth that fall out will look like sweetcorn ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

And in a bit of welcome news, it appears that BOI are ditching the excruciating Rachel & Steve ads. There is a God.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

this ad keeps poping up on eurosport. how the fcuk can a garage door add value to your house or be called craftsmanship??

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

The ads for McVities Digestive biscuits were the little furry animals come out of the packets, gives me the creeps and if anything puts me off buying them( but hey that's just me)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The absolute ****e they come up with, do they really hope some young lads will actually learn this and it will go viral or something.
    song is the most uncatchy crap I ever heard. I don't know the lyrics to loads of songs I love, as if people are going to go learning that muck. And yer man tapping the can at the start while cooking the beans, where's the tomato sauce all down the can and all over his hands.

Heard ads on tv trying to teach japanese phrases this morning. Like sponsor ads that come on just as the ad breaks start/end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

ollaetta wrote: »
    And in a bit of welcome news, it appears that BOI are ditching the excruciating Rachel & Steve ads. There is a God.
    Steve and Rachel...

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

GDD84 wrote: »
    I love Steve and Rachel. I would love to get to know them

Does anybody know the name of the actress who plays Rachel in these bank of Ireland ads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

If you wanted any more reasons to dislike Apple then their new iphone ad will help. I can't find a link as the video seems to be removed, no doubt someone will upload it soon. To summarise, it features Britney Spears and Kevin Bacon, with Bacon wearing Britneys "Oops" red tinfoil catsuit. I know, even the description is vomit inducing. I got blindsided by ITV2 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you wanted any more reasons to dislike Apple then their new iphone ad will help. I can't find a link as the video seems to be removed, no doubt someone will upload it soon. To summarise, it features Britney Spears and Kevin Bacon, with Bacon wearing Britneys "Oops" red tinfoil catsuit. I know, even the description is vomit inducing. I got blindsided by ITV2 tonight.
    It's actually an ad for a British phone network EE, who have signed a tie in with Apple music. Similar to the deal Vodafone Ireland have with Spotify and 3 have with Deezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

flazio wrote: »
    It's actually an ad for a British phone network EE, who have signed a tie in with Apple music. Similar to the deal Vodafone Ireland have with Spotify and 3 have with Deezer.

Thanks Flazio, I stand corrected, it was so bad I missed what they were trying to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I saw that ad the other night. I knew Britney was short on cash but Kevin Bacon. What have you become?

ok i know its not easter and its not on TV at the moment but I found this advert to be disturbing and creepy and cringey :eek:

Ummmmm - er OK !!! #weird! :eek:

nullzero wrote: »
    Steve and Rachel...

Rachel and Steve.

Anyway, Ribenerary or whatever the f. Everybody trying to out wacky the other.

ok i know its not easter and its not on TV at the moment but I found this advert to be disturbing and creepy and cringey :eek:

May I ask why you centre-align your videos? :o:);)

May I ask why you centre-align your videos?

Yes of course you may :D

• Advertisement

Yes of course you may :D

Why do you centre-align your videos, then?

Not that I'm saying it's wrong, of course - it's just something that I don't see happening very often.

:o:o:o:);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement