Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Why do you centre-align your videos, then?

Not that I'm saying it's wrong, of course - it's just something that I don't see happening very often.

I dunno, it depends what mood I'm in whether I feel regimentally organised or sloppy at the time of posting :-)

Why do you centre-align your videos, then?

Not that I'm saying it's wrong, of course - it's just something that I don't see happening very often.

I dunno, it depends what mood I'm in whether I feel regimentally organised or sloppy at the time of posting :)

OK - just seen another advert I hate Kinder Choco-Bons ... the daft bint at the end saying "Can I perleeese have another one!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OK - just seen another advert I hate Kinder Choco-Bons ... the daft bint at the end saying "Can I perleeese have another one!"
    She has the evil look about here that says she is going to get another even if its over someones dead body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

ollaetta wrote: »
    And in a bit of welcome news, it appears that BOI are ditching the excruciating Rachel & Steve ads. There is a God.
    nullzero wrote: »
    Steve and Rachel...
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Rachel and Steve.

*sigh*

Why don't we just refer to them as Strachel from now on?

:o:o:o:D;)

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote:
    She has the evil look about here that says she is going to get another even if its over someones dead body.

She looks like a right bunny boiler! Lol

Racheve...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

*sigh*

:o:o:o:D;)

Or not refer to them from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

What is with all the ads with women being retarded with food, the Choco Bons, Digestive Nibbles and some cracker ad with a red head doing karaoke.

ollaetta wrote: »
    And in a bit of welcome news, it appears that BOI are ditching the excruciating Rachel & Steve ads. There is a God.

Hold the bubbly, the boi latest shocker features a towel singing 'dont stop believing'. I kid you not.

painful stuff.. jeez it almost made me yearn for Steve and Rachel ... or Rachael and Steve I rather..... almost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

There was a time when you could go to a party with your friends and no one would notice you were on your period but not nowadays, now you can jump up and down while deejaying in a tiny pair of shorts, you can even jump up and down and save penno's whilst you are in goal for the USA football team, but now we have the ultimate, you can be a f**king trapeze artist and do a handstand with your legs open as wide as is physically possible ( as demonstrated at the end of the advert) how many more of these cringe worthy adverts for sanitary towels must we endure? If any ad fits the despise category it is those, bodyform, always, tampax, weak bladder stuff things, dough vagina creams, gimme a break will ya.

There was a time when you could go to a party with your friends and no one would notice you were on your period but not nowadays, now you can jump up and down while deejaying in a tiny pair of shorts, you can even jump up and down and save penno's whilst you are in goal for the USA football team, but now we have the ultimate, you can be a f**king trapeze artist and do a handstand with your legs open as wide as is physically possible ( as demonstrated at the end of the advert) how many more of these cringe worthy adverts for sanitary towels must we endure? If any ad fits the despise category it is those, bodyform, always, tampax, weak bladder stuff things, dough vagina creams, gimme a break will ya.

The one with the American woman soccer goalie is absolutely cringeworthy. First line reeks of persecution complex.

Total and utter b***ocksology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

That flippin bake beans ad!!!

this new ALDI one where its all being played backwards but going forwards if u know what I mean where shes dragged up a building - it gives me motion sickness and i cant bear to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Rachel and Steve must have been too young for their target market, we now have Kian and Julie with their singing jacks. Ive only seen 1 ad, presumably there will be a series of them. We may be missing Steve and Rachel fairly soon!

http://www.independent.ie/business/media/adios-steve-and-rachel-35038365.html

The one with the American woman soccer goalie is absolutely cringeworthy. First line reeks of persecution complex.

Total and utter b***ocksology

Face painted up like a clown too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but I fcuking hate that Liberty Insurance ad with the young wan going on about being the 'first generation in history to live life on our terms'. Go and shyte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Does anyone know the name of the actress Rachel from the Rachel and Steve ads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It's Steve and Rachel.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

It's Steve and Rachel.

Yes I know. Or Racheve or Strachel or whatever.

I was going to include all these names in my post, but seeing as it's been done to death already, I said I wouldn't bother. And yet again the Steve and Rachel thing comes as a reply. Sigh.

• Advertisement

there should be some kind of swear box (boards alternative) every time someone mentions rachael & steve in this thread lol :D

there should be some kind of swear box (boards alternative) every time someone mentions rachael & steve in this thread lol :D

Steve and Rachel.

Sorry.

It's Steve and Rachel.
    Yes I know. Or Racheve or Strachel or whatever.

I was going to include all these names in my post, but seeing as it's been done to death already, I said I wouldn't bother. And yet again the Steve and Rachel thing comes as a reply. Sigh.
    Steve and Rachel.

Sorry.

Guys, we're nearing the 10,000-post barrier and hence a "part 2" thread.

Getting there by continuing to argue whether it's Steve and Rachel, Rachel and Steve, Strachel, Racheve or whatever would be a bit of a damp squib, would it not?

Especially now that they're gone - not just from the TV, but from the in-branch adverts as well...

:o:o:o:):);)

Guys, we're nearing the 10,000-post barrier and hence a "part 2" thread.

Getting there by continuing to argue whether it's Steve and Rachel, Rachel and Steve, Strachel, Racheve or whatever would be a bit of a damp squib, would it not?

Especially now that they're gone - not just from the TV, but from the in-branch adverts as well...

:o:o:o:):);)

That's four quid in the swear box for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Is there any chance you could all stop with the Rachel and Steve posts?
    It's not funny and it's just annoying now.

The ad I'm hating right now is the Fiat Tipo ad, sung in the style of "That's Amore".

fussyonion wrote: »
    Is there any chance you could all stop with the Rachel and Steve posts?

Steve and R-- *gets beaten to death with pipe*

Steve and R-- *gets beaten to death with pipe*

its just escalated to next person on here who mentions Rachael and S-- on here *gets beaten to death with pipe* :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

STILL going on about it, I see.
    Some people are easily amused.

the advert I despise is the new one for Samsung Galaxy S7 and he drops it in the sink full of water and answers it .... only because it looks like a cool phone and I wish i can afford one and every time I see the advert its like rubbing salt into my wounds and if it could talk it would say "haha, your broke and you will never ever be able to afford a phone like this - so dream on looser!" ....

• Advertisement

its just escalated to next person on here who mentions Rachael and S-- on here *gets beaten to death with pipe* :eek:

Fussyonion is absolutely right. It's time to stop.

As I said, let's not reach the 10,000-post barrier in this manner.

:o:o:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement