Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Has this been done?
    The new Duffy/Diet Coke Ad is just AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. :mad:

I know! My top worst ad on TV at the moment.

Terrible song!

She cant sing!

When she "looks" at the camera I dont know whether to look at her nose or look away... one of her eyes is funny!

Giant arse on that bicycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Mac 3

ratmouse wrote: »
    DarkJager wrote: »
    Was he not a big bald muscley ****er with an earring before? I've seen this cleaning stuff called Don Limpio in Spain, which has the original (bald) mr muscle on it. Maybe he relocated? :D

Yes, I remembet the original Mr. Muscle. He did indeed have an earring and was bald. He was an amimated character that they used before they intorduced the weak, neardy Mr. Muscle. Think the ad was used in the late 80s/early 90s. They had a tune that went something like "Mr. Muscle cleans so clean you can really see yourself" or something like that!

Was that not "Mr Proper"?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

yerayeah wrote: »
    The laser eye surgery ones drive me absolutely potty. "Well it's a week later and I needn't have been so worried" - that one...

I've always wondered.... Is that because you're half blind and in incredible pain for 6 days while recovering?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Mac 3 wrote: »

It was indeed, and I can't remember how the ad was in Spain, although I do seem to remember seeing it when I lived there.

I think it originally came from France though, where "Monsieur Propre" means "Mister Clean".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

fricatus wrote: »

It was indeed, and I can't remember how the ad was in Spain, although I do seem to remember seeing it when I lived there.

I think it originally came from France though, where "Monsieur Propre" means "Mister Clean".

You are right! It was Mr. Proper not Mr. Muscle! Sorry about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Yeah,it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I know! My top worst ad on TV at the moment.

Terrible song!

She cant sing!

When she "looks" at the camera I dont know whether to look at her nose or look away... one of her eyes is funny!

Giant arse on that bicycle!

Hahaha!
    Last time I saw that ad I think they edited that bit out. Thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

From the looks of the comments about that diet coke ad. I'm so glad I've avoided seeing it so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've seen that Diet Coke Duffy ad, and I just have to wonder what in Satan's name were they thinking? I think 2fivers was on the money there. When the revolution comes, advertising execs will be the first against the wall, even before the bankers.

There was some ad I saw at the weekend, for coffee I think (Maxwell or Nescafe), anyway it was horribly dubbed (worse than Kinder) and involved a Gran and some young one talking about concerts and how the gran went naked in her day. Queue horrible fake laugh and them both falling over. It's drivel like this that puts radio ads in a good light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That stupid ad with Amanda whatsherface about slimming pills really annoys me. They show a close up of her waist in a corset, but all that shows is that 5 burly men have tied her into it as tightly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I detest the Coors ad with those fools in the pub yabbering on about knowing when a bottle is ice cold (oh wow, a blue mountain symbol)

Also very tired of Daily Mirror ad with Mark Lawrenson's commentary on the papers playing football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

janeybabe wrote: »
    That stupid ad with Amanda whatsherface about slimming pills really annoys me. They show a close up of her waist in a corset, but all that shows is that 5 burly men have tied her into it as tightly as possible.

The thing I dont get is she is strapped into that corset for the slimming ad, and then in the Sunday World ad she is magically a size 16 again. Cant stand her anyway, she's not attractive in any way shape or form.

Ads that are bugging me at the moment:

Meteor To-Go. Soo unoriginal, how are the words littleize and speedify funny?? Shame on the marketing group that produced this, lazy bastards.

Cow and Gate Baby ad. have to hit the mute on this to prevent the reflex reaction of my foot going through the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Am absolutely hating that ad for some sort of lottery or lottery ticket where this millionaire, not-so-goodlooking, man is lying in a hospital bed with a load of nurses swarmed around him and fussing over him and thinking he's so cute just cos he's won a milion on the lottery. And one nurse says something like "Don't you just want to take hime home with you". It's so annoying and cringey!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Any ads that involve the new thing for whispering do me nut in. Also ALL ads on Eurosport are atrocious, eg., the tagline for the Bulgaria ad, "Magic lives here", now what the **** is that meant to mean???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Am absolutely hating that ad for some sort of lottery or lottery ticket where this millionaire, not-so-goodlooking, man is lying in a hospital bed with a load of nurses swarmed around him and fussing over him and thinking he's so cute just cos he's won a milion on the lottery. And one nurse says something like "Don't you just want to take hime home with you". It's so annoying and cringey!:mad:

Yeah, the music's sh1t too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

jor el wrote: »
    I've seen that Diet Coke Duffy ad, and I just have to wonder what in Satan's name were they thinking? I think 2fivers was on the money there. When the revolution comes, advertising execs will be the first against the wall, even before the bankers.

There was some ad I saw at the weekend, for coffee I think (Maxwell or Nescafe), anyway it was horribly dubbed (worse than Kinder) and involved a Gran and some young one talking about concerts and how the gran went naked in her day. Queue horrible fake laugh and them both falling over. It's drivel like this that puts radio ads in a good light.

truth!
    both ads are atrocious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

That ad with the nurses fussing over that fat guy in the hospital puts me in mind of those grown men who dress up as,and pretend to be babies for sexual kicks.Everytime i see that ad i cant help wondering is yer man wearing a nappy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

hairymick wrote: »
    That ad with the nurses fussing over that fat guy in the hospital puts me in mind of those grown men who dress up as,and pretend to be babies for sexual kicks.Everytime i see that ad i cant help wondering is yer man wearing a nappy.
    Anyone think hes a dead ringer for Philip Seymour Hoffman?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

i think the most annoying thing abotu that lotto ad is the fact that the song has been stuck in my head for days now.......

on a personal note........ really hate the 'im a mobile bill' ad....

**shudders with annoyance**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Two words: "fact me"

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OMG!! :mad: That ad is appalling- I cannot think of any other that makes me want to vom so much :confused:

It the new one from Peugeot, with terrible american actors talking about the 'goodies' it has. I mean it's a Peugeot- it ain't got ANY 'goodies'....

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

The new Fairy dishwasher tablet ad...
    "...but unfortunately you can't fit your scooter in."

Hmm. Yeah. "Funny."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

meldrew wrote: »
    That Mcdonalds ad where the blokes mates first take the mickey out of him then end up working there because of the great rates opportunities etc , like I cant remember the last time I saw an Irish person working in Mcdonalds !

Ironic:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That stupid ad with the kids talking about eating healthy and walking to the shops and whatever.

"You know, I think I'll leave the car at home tomorrow. Walk down to the shops"
    "Think I'll join you"
    "Bottom line, less crisps, more exercise....my body's a temple"

Suddenly the kid in the background slamms his shoes on the table
    "I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!! My body's a temple too"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Kids + Stupid adverts = broken TV!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

advertising execs that use kids saying things in cutesy ways should be shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bin bag skip yokes on TV3. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Staph wrote: »
    It the new one from Peugeot, with terrible american actors talking about the 'goodies' it has. I mean it's a Peugeot- it ain't got ANY 'goodies'....

Good to have you on boards, Jeremy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Kieo

that bloody cadburys ad with the kids eyebrows moving!!! cant stand it anymore. what the hell has that got to do with chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fresh off the charts - That English wanker on the KFC ad. "When I was younger I wasnt interested in food. I was interested in EATING food."

Acting as if he is a fkn chef.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Kieo wrote: »
    that bloody cadburys ad with the kids eyebrows moving!!! cant stand it anymore. what the hell has that got to do with chocolate
    Absolutely nothing, Kieo: basically it's so you'll remember the ad and - Cadburys hope - the Cadburys brand.
    Fresh off the charts - That English wanker on the KFC ad. "When I was younger I wasnt interested in food. I was interested in EATING food."

Acting as if he is a fkn chef.
    His Englishness aside, that is another annoying KFC ad, at which that company excel. Again so you'll remember it and the brand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement