Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

bnagrrl wrote: »
    The new Fairy dishwasher tablet ad...
    "...but unfortunately you can't fit your scooter in."

Hmm. Yeah. "Funny."

Unbelievably dreadful ad. What kind of minds do these advertisment folk have?!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I've just witnessed an amazingly bad ad...

for moy park

.. its a rapping chicken..

oh good god.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

my latest ad on tv that i cannot stand-
    that "skip bag" thing..
    farkin ell, the voiceover is terribly annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oh good god. another one wrecking my head.

"Hi Amina, I sorry I cant bring you clean water so you dnot have to drink dirty water. Thank you for sending me your picture. Any chance you could send me back my digital camera that you robbed the last time you were here".

Apparantly Amina can afford a digital camera but they dont have clean water. I am very cynical about all of these "tug at the heart strings" type ads. I use to work for an NGO on work experience, and quite a large percentage of the money goes on overhead/staff. They should have a disclaimer to say this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"Hi Amina, I sorry I cant bring you clean water so you dnot have to drink dirty water. Thank you for sending me your picture. Any chance you could send me back my digital camera that you robbed the last time you were here".

Apparantly Amina can afford a digital camera but they dont have clean water. I am very cynical about all of these "tug at the heart strings" type ads. I use to work for an NGO on work experience, and quite a large percentage of the money goes on overhead/staff. They should have a disclaimer to say this.

"Hi Amina, it's great that you somehow have time and energy to write me a letter even though you're starving and walking 30 miles a day like the man on the telly says."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Apparently.. you're talking out your ass...

All Charities in the UK are forced to sumbit their accounts to the independent charity commissioners, in Ireland most publish their own voluntarily.
    I have yet to see one where "quite a large percentage of the money goes on overhead/staff".

People like you discourage people who can from helping Charities, and thus encouraging death.. and I think thats disgusting.

Oh, and the ad seriously sucks.. whoever decided that D4 child should be put on an ad should be banned from making ads forever more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

All Charities in the UK are forced to sumbit their accounts to the independent charity commissioners, in Ireland most publish their own voluntarily.
    I have yet to see one where "quite a large percentage of the money goes on overhead/staff".

People like you discourage people who can from helping Charities, and thus encouraging death.. and I think thats disgusting.

Oh, and the ad seriously sucks.. whoever decided that D4 child should be put on an ad should be banned from making ads forever more.
    You can go down to the companies office on Parnell Street any see the accounts of any charity you like.

ah would ye fek off,

You think it's wrong that you people should know the truth.. At the time I was working in the NGO I was working in, the girl in accounts told me that the head guy's swivel chair cost 700 pounds Irish and that wasnt the worst of the waste I witnessed. I think the percentage of money used for overhead/administration was about 12%, which I would consider to be significant, and people should be aware of.

If you read the post properly you might have understood that my problem is with a) the ad is crap b) people should be made aware of the fact that not 100% of what they give goes to "Amina". Nowhere did I suggest that people shouldnt donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I've just witnessed an amazingly bad ad...

for moy park

.. its a rapping chicken..

oh good god.
    Haha, I came in here to post that, its the absolute worst thing Ive ever seen, I thought it was a piss-take at first, its like something from 1990, I couldnt help thinking of the Simpsons episode where Homer does the voice of Poochie when I was watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Nowhere did I suggest that people shouldnt donate.

You did suggest that Africans are thieves though.
    Any chance you could send me back my digital camera that you robbed the last time you were here".

After your earlier reference to "English w*nkers" this week, we appear to be learning as much about you as we are about television adverts. :D

Anyway, as far as the rapping chicken is concerned, I want to see him barbecued alive, and I'm a vegetarian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I am getting sick of that Cadbury's "Eyebrow" add been played a few times everday.!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

The annoyingly silly ad for laser vision correction. The one where you hear a guy start to say "This is the moment ...and a guy throws his glasses away whilst sitting at a computer ( why is he wearing the glasses in the first place?!) ..a woman gets out of her car ( I think ) and throws her glasses in the air...and then after the main part of the commercial....a guy peddling fast on his bicycle throws his glasses up in the air ( not realising that the path has a dead end ahead as he peddles manically ..I can see him going over the hedge at the end! Lol! Thing is why was he wearing glasses and throwing them up in the air whilst still on his bike?! If he had had laser vision correction he wouldnt be wearing the glasses.

What a mad commercial!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

One really annoying ad at the moment is the one for Rabodirect with this girl with a really irritating squeaky voice asking her boyfriend what hes thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

1. The ad for Meteor I think, with "Bill" I just want to kill his gay ass;
    2. That Cadburys ad with the eyebrows...those kids are just ugly;
    3. Any Harvey Norman ad;
    4. Any Bulmers/Guinness ads

More to follow...

2fivers wrote: »
    You did suggest that Africans are thieves though.

That was a tongue in cheek remark, the nature of which was grasped by Phasers in the subsequent post, but apparently missed by you. The guy in the KFC ad was a w*nker because of his actions/dialogue not because he was English. But his accent was distinctive when helping to describe the ad to others.

But feel free to misread this post mischievously also if you want.

Cadbury's ad is still dreadful and irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I hate the National Lottery ad with the fat pervert in the hospital bed and all the ugly nurses swarming around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭joeystrider

I hate that yogurt ad that has all the mothers, babies in arms, chatting on yogurt phone attached by colourful strings. What the hell? Just like... Urgh

The fat millionaire is disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I hate the X-Box 360 (Music) ad where the camera rotates around a fugly red-head biatch with goofy smile and big gob!

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    I hate the National Lottery ad with the fat pervert

I wouldnt slander him, he has a lot of money for fat pervert lawyers to represent him ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

hairymick wrote: »
    One really annoying ad at the moment is the one for Rabodirect with this girl with a really irritating squeaky voice asking her boyfriend what hes thinking.
    God yeah,she even looks irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

"118 24-7....is directory heaven"

Seriously, those who think up ads on telly are really in a neverending contest to see whose ad can suck the most. (Since TV was invented)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"118 24-7....is directory heaven"

Seriously, those who think up ads on telly are really in a neverending contest to see whose ad can suck the most. (Since TV was invented)
    I hope they gave something to the creator of Magical Trevor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRtrqhVe3Ao

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love the 118 247 ad! The animation is so cute and the jingle is fun and catchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I wouldnt slander him, he has a lot of money for fat pervert lawyers to represent him ;-)

I doubt it. He's probably blown the lot already getting those nurses to ride him. They certainly weren't hangin around his bed for his good looks anyway.

(Libel when written down btw :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Don't like those directory heaven ads either, the song is irritating and the cartoons have those weird spacer eyes that used to depict a character on drugs!

I do like the RaboDirect ad though, she really is that boring hahaha

Oh, the other new one that's annoying are the ads for the natural shampoos called 'Yes' or something. It's just too corny or something.

Has anyone else noticed the influx of ads lately which don't give a website address and tell you to search instead? Such as "search online for more4" or "search online for Act on CO2" Reminds me of AOL keywords or something, why don't you just give the address!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 branna

I hate the ad with the 2 kids- boy and girl(pigtails and glasses) who suddenly look as if they are having an epileptic fit- or at least their eyebrows do!! Think it s a choccie ad?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

The red bull ads.

Every single last scripted by morons, crayon-scrawled, screechy-voiced one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

"I want to do a poo at Pauls"

Ugh i hate it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I like Duffy and I think she has a great voice but she does sound terrible in that Diet Coke ad. They surely must have done something in the studio to make her voice sound that chipmunky?

I also really hate that ad for Twinings. "We just got back from Turkey, and of course it was raining" And of course the husband forgot the keys, because in the advertising world all husbands are idiots. :rolleyes:
    But what's this? Her dear old mother has left a box of tea. Hurrah!

FFS. They went from having God (a.k.a. Stephen Fry) in their ads to this ****!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement