Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hairymick wrote: »
    One really annoying ad at the moment is the one for Rabodirect with this girl with a really irritating squeaky voice asking her boyfriend what hes thinking.

I can never figure out what it is she's saying just before he goes "yeah louise" or whatever the wrong name is.
    What is it she's asking him ??

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

bluewolf wrote: »
    I can never figure out what it is she's saying just before he goes "yeah louise" or whatever the wrong name is.

shes asking if shes really an adult :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Kieo

the home focus ad where the woman customer is struting round the shop smiling and all the staff are smiling back...when i walk in the staff eye me up like im gonna rob the place:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Kieo wrote: »
    the home focus ad where the woman customer is struting round the shop smiling and all the staff are smiling back...when i walk in the staff eye me up like im gonna rob the place:rolleyes:

+1

She looks like such a snob. Also the music is awful. :rolleyes:

Who is she? Looks familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

They were making a new super valu ad up in our local shop.

"Super Valu, real food real people." They were using models for shoppers.:pac::P

Hit anybody else as strange??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

That B&Q ad, where the worker goes " It is, It's a big chunk of money you know" or something along them lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Volvic ad. Fck off, it's water you pillock.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

They were making a new super valu ad up in our local shop.

"Super Valu, real food real people." They were using models for shoppers.:pac::P

Hit anybody else as strange??
    Models need food too......................wait........ohhhhh I get it:pac:

I hate any ad for B&Q

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Anything with Kerry Kotona trying to sell frozen meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That bloody Tesco UK ad that's always on the sky channels...you know the one with Jane Horrocks or some other similar regionally accented laydee, where they compare shopping baskets with Asda....it's all about how she says Tesco....Tesss-quooo. Does my head in.

Oh and the gateaux cakes ad, where it really looks like they just let the crew in to the local sanitarium and gave the inmates microphones and as much swiss roll as they could eat.

...oh and the Duffy diet Coke ad obviously. Hell is a Duffy CD stuck on infinite loop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thargor wrote: »
    I hope they gave something to the creator of Magical Trevor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRtrqhVe3Ao

It was actually them that created the ad. Though I also assumed it was a rip-off at first, like the Sugar Puffs/ Crumping debacle of last year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

bluewolf wrote: »

She says "am i really that dull"

That ad is a really crap one

Her : What are you thinking about Mr Binky -Head.... HUH????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Mikosyko wrote: »
    +1

She looks like such a snob. Also the music is awful. :rolleyes:

She thinks she's great looking pity about her bingo Wings!

Also that labotimized looking redhead in the xbox 360 ad is back on her screens, the stupid look on her face is really off puting plus she's ugly to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That ad with those little w*nker kids "I'm not getting any younger you know, I have to eat loads of veg"

They look like the kind of adults that talk with their eyes closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

All the Wii and Nintendo Ads

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Mikosyko wrote: »
    +1

Also the music is awful. :rolleyes:

IIRC this is the jingle

"Give your home a focus now,
    Turn your house into a home,
    Anytime you know the way."

It's so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

phasers wrote: »
    That ad with those little w*nker kids "I'm not getting any younger you know, I have to eat loads of veg"

They look like the kind of adults that talk with their eyes closed

Oh my sweet Jesus. I hate that ad and those kids. Fecking Billy Barry rejects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Again, Rté's in-house promo people, take a bow!

in 3rd place tonight : Liam McCormack, (fresh from the Rte "Real Mens-stuff" ad embarrassment) not quite knowing what accent to do for "The Ghost and the Darkness" promo (Australian? South African? American? British Regency? who hunts these lions anyway?) and after attempting those, he settles for 'disinterested children's tv PRESENTER who saaaaarcastically emphasises ALL the WRONG words' instead.

Big stretch for him there.

Second place goes to whoever thought that a badly edited, lumpenly produced "staring competition" joke (without an apparent punchline) was sufficient to advertise upcoming CSI episodes (y'know, instead of using stupid things like Guest stars and storylines to attract viewers)

First place with a bullet (wishful thinking) goes to the "Hilarious" Desperate Housewives promo. Done in an "Hilarious" Cork accent.
    I do not engage in hyperbole when I say that I'm quite sure it's the most f*cking annoying piece of promotional material ever produced in a civilized country.

Stop it now, Rté, please. It looks like the Arcade Fire/Prison Break ad was a fluke. You simply are not able to produce decent promotional ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

I just hate all ads. Except some stylish car ones. And quirky funny ones. But they all deal in lies! Lies, I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I hate that one for Clearasil where this tool walks into a lecture and before sitting down tells the lecturer to imagine him in his underpants, its OK.

Clearasil - Gives you confidence.

ffs. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That cow and gate ad with the babies laughing is the only one that makes me actually reach for the remote to mute. Put me off having kids to be honest.

I have reached for the remote for the cadbury's ad but not as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

yerayeah wrote: »
    I hate that one for Clearasil where this tool walks into a lecture and before sitting down tells the lecturer to imagine him in his underpants, its OK.

ffs. . .
    Yeah. It turns out lecturers dont appreciate that. Or the girl sitting next to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Acacia wrote: »
    Oh my sweet Jesus. I hate that ad and those kids. Fecking Billy Barry rejects.

ffs. . .

So agreed.

Yeah. It turns out lecturers dont appreciate that. Or the girl sitting next to you
    Speaking from experience?!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

ffs. . .

Its 'imagine me naked'
    FFS if you're gonna slag something off at least get the content right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

All the Wii and Nintendo Ads

Wii ads are alright because they show people having fun and when you buy one you also have fun. When you buy a DS you play it for 5 minutes and then throw it aside (or at least I did).

BolBill wrote: »
    Its 'imagine me naked'
    FFS if you're gonna slag something off at least get the content right :)
    Ah semantics! Its still a horrible ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Those Xbox ads definetly wouldent make me buy one.Those people in them look like theyve been lobotimised or brainwashed,especially that housewife with the weird mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ukulelvis

That ad, I don't know what it's for, where it shows someone from the front with a strange, soullessly beatific expression on their face and the camera pans around until you see the back of their head has been sliced off and their brains hollowed out and replaced by a stadium rock stage. It just looks gruesome to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

ukulelvis wrote: »
    That ad, I don't know what it's for, where it shows someone from the front with a strange, soullessly beatific expression on their face and the camera pans around until you see the back of their head has been sliced off and their brains hollowed out and replaced by a stadium rock stage. It just looks gruesome to me.
    Yeah thats the one(see my previous post)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement