Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I really dont get advertising though.. Am I the only one who boycotts products if there corresponding advertisements annoy me. Or am I just petty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bulmers Pear one.

The people of Clonmel should revolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

I really dont get advertising though.. Am I the only one who boycotts products if there corresponding advertisements annoy me. Or am I just petty?
    You are not alone, my friend. I try to reverse the intentions of the advertisers. Out of pure spite mind. :)
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    Bulmers Pear one.

Another "comedian" cashes in on fleeting fame. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I like the Bulmer's Pear cider add TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah I like the Bulmers ad too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Bah... I'll get me coat! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's not so much that I despise this ad but there's a Stena Line ad out now and there's a kid talking about how great the boat is.

Does anybody who has seen the ad think that the kid starts of by saying "The sh*t was brilliant."

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's not so much that I despise this ad but there's a Stena Line ad out now and there's a kid talking about how great the boat is.

Does anybody who has seen the ad think that the kid starts of by saying "The sh*t was brilliant."

That's exactly what I thought! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g1KZ-bKAoA

Not an ad but a promo on RTE2 for Desperate Housewives. Some annoying chav bint with a northside Cork accent voices it. I am so tempted to get in the car and drive to Cork to hunt her down. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Bulmers Pear one.

I have been told it is mainly people from Clonmel in the advert

• Advertisement

It doesn't portray them in a positive light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

It's probably been mentioned but the Sky + ad with George Hook really annoys me at the moment.

George enthuses wildly about Sky + and puts it up there with the invention of the wheel.
    "We should find that man and thank him because he's made all of our lives easier" or something along those lines.
    "It's the stuff of science fiction, it's the stuff of HG Wells."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Absolutely hate that Xtra vision one- I'd go out of my way not to take part in the offer because of it. "How much was that?"..ARGHHH

Also, hate that ad for the Volvo Ocean race or something that has that song "...Am living for...All these highs and lows...Am living for....all these highs and lows...etc" What a completely sh'it song.
    Really hate repetition of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Daire O' Briain pub/LVA radio ads.
    WTF is that about.
    Those rambling, oh-so
    funny observations do my head in.

I've nothing against O' Briain as a comedian generally but those fcuking ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tesco Mobile ads. Stupid stupid stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mikosyko wrote: »
    That's exactly what I thought! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g1KZ-bKAoA

That ad actually seems to come on after the Champions League matches all the time on RTE. Crazy. I have Sky+ and I just had to rewind and listen to it again over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

set???? pair?

Anyway those airwick ads do my nut in. And who's doing the voice of the frog? Mylenane Sykes or something like that. I HATE ANIMALS AS HUMANS ADS!!! (OR KIDS AS GROWN-UPS!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

That Coors light add is fairly crap, the whole "Look at his hand it's stuck to the bottle", followed by something along the lines of "No their tears, maybe he looked at the head on ye and said can't believe he's going to drink me".

Worst banter ever, pure ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

colly10 wrote: »
    That Coors light add is fairly crap, the whole "Look at his hand it's stuck to the bottle", followed by something along the lines of "No their tears, maybe he looked at the head on ye and said can't believe he's going to drink me".

I want to punch that guys face in, that D4 accent makes me sick to the stomach. Smug pr1ck.

prob been mentioned here before but Worst ad at the moment goes to Volvic for their transparent as fúck attempt to cojole halfwits into taking their 'Volvic challenge' and indulge in a 'cheeky' bottle of water. Most condescending piece of advertising i've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

prob been mentioned here before but Worst ad at the moment goes to Volvic for their transparent as fúck attempt to cojole halfwits into taking their 'Volvic challenge' and indulge in a 'cheeky' bottle of water. Most condescending piece of advertising i've seen in a long time.

I was just about to post about that ad. Annoys the f**k out of me. I think it actually raises my blood pressure when it comes on.
    Smug git ram-latching on about how much water he is drinking and how much energy he has now.

Sod off smug face and stick your volvic up yer crusty hoop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

That ad where the finger goes into the kitchen and microwaves a burger, it's so crap.

My girlfriend's mum once found a human finger in a can of coke! I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

colly10 wrote: »

If I was the barman there I'd have them eejits tossed out in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The new Muller Yoghurt one is awful

"I got my berries, my blueberries, my yoghurt lalala"

stick your yoghurt up your arse tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭redpanda26

that ad for those body products made out of carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes. "use these and you'll look like this" What some stunned greasy haired lookin bimbo who looks like a deer caught in the headlights, no thanks. just buy the veg and eat it for F**k sake, itl make you feel a lot better than applying some s**t to your face plus its a hell of a lot cheaper.

redpanda26 wrote: »
    that ad for those body products made out of carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes. "use these and you'll look like this" What some stunned greasy haired lookin bimbo who looks like a deer caught in the headlights, no thanks. just buy the veg and eat it for F**k sake, itl make you feel a lot better than applying some s**t to your face plus its a hell of a lot cheaper.

It has the word "Natural" in big letters all over the place, while we watch computer generated fruit images and miss plastic surgery grinning at us, and selling an artificial goo that's also used for greasing up all the moving parts on bin lorries.

Those pharmaceuticals are all the same, make nature illegal so they can sell us the sterilized version.

No, I won't buy your gloopy paste, even though I'm almost out of pollyfilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭redpanda26

The paintroller ad.
    everytime i see it i want to throw something at the tv.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xX Mark Xx

The Cadburrys ad with that irritating music and weird looking kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Cadbury's are really on a roll here...

A CHRISTMAS AD. IN MAY.

I know that it's supposed to be "odd" but it's just horrible, I don't want to even THINK about christmas until Mid-November at the earliest

All the Red Bull Adverts.

Do they really have to shout at us!!!

Are they all from a 1970's politically incorrect toilet magazine?

give us a break lads.

This chemical cocktail (most ingredients are manufactured by pharmaceuticals) stinks like a melted sweetshop and causes cardiac irregularities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That Volvic Challenge ad is unbelievable, the smug little pr1ck they have doing it aswell :p

"Okay Ive got 5 minutes free at work so Ill just nip out for a cheeky Volvic".

And then at the end he says he feels great so he runs out onto what is clearly an enclosed tennis or basketball court wearing a baseball catchers mit, the whole ad is just so ridiculously bad that it doesn't even annoy me, we always laugh at it when it comes on, its like a piss-take from the Fast Show or something of all those other ads which "challenge" you to buy a months supply of their sh1te.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement