Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I want to punch that guys face in, that D4 accent makes me sick to the stomach. Smug pr1ck.

prob been mentioned here before but Worst ad at the moment goes to Volvic for their transparent as fúck attempt to cojole halfwits into taking their 'Volvic challenge' and indulge in a 'cheeky' bottle of water. Most condescending piece of advertising i've seen in a long time.

That ad is hilarious. Its so bad its good. "Watch out chaps!"

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

I know this is a TV forum but I really feel the new Autoglass radio ad deserves special mention. I want to put the **** head through a feckin windscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

AndyP wrote: »
    I know this is a TV forum but I really feel the new Autoglass radio ad deserves special mention. I want to put the **** head through a feckin windscreen.

Jaysus that ad does my head in too..... autoglass repair.... autoglass replace blah blah blah

Also the Barrys Balloons ad..... blow barry blow.... would love to kick barry straight in the fooking nuts....

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Drench (Orange juice), the one with the turkey in the rodeo. I thought I had flicked over to an unfunny episode of the Fast show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

the new pot noodle ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Moy Park Chickens.

A rapping chicken advertising chicken, perhaps not a very annoying ad but I think Moy Park should talk to the people who came up with the concept.

But then a chicken is advertising cornflakes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Elmo wrote: »
    But then a chicken is advertising cornflakes. :rolleyes:

It's a rooster... :pac:

mick_irl wrote: »
    It's a rooster... :pac:

I was waiting for that reply. :rolleyes:

The whiskas ad with the kid going on about how much he loves his cat. Painful stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

the "I'm a Mac" ads.

"I'm a Mac"
    "I'm a Jane"

DIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

anything made by apple is just wrong. wrong wrong wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

The powerade ads have to be the absolute worst. Some f-ing loser with nothing better to do than run for a few months and we are supposed to care?

F***in hell :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

"HARVEY NORMAN SUPERSTORES *ramble ramble ramble*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jazzy wrote: »
    the "I'm a Mac" ads.

"I'm a Mac"
    "I'm a Jane"

DIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

anything made by apple is just wrong. wrong wrong wrong

Don't windows have a similar ad? I am something? I think it is I am a PC. :)

Found the mac ad all 7mins :)

Don't windows have a similar ad? I am something? I think it is I am a PC. :)

yes. but apple started it.. and like most things apple dumb ppl thought it was clever and funny so ms had to get aboard that bandwagon too.

+ macs are for benders

Jazzy wrote: »
    yes. but apple started it.. and like most things apple dumb ppl thought it was clever and funny so ms had to get aboard that bandwagon too.

The MS ad is in response to the MAC ad which doesn't really make sense since many of MS applications including windows can be run on Macs. Was it not up to the PC industry to fight their corner? Neither company suggests other OSs.

I think the response is better, it didn't make sense to me at first since the Mac ad didn't run on Irish TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I just saw a hair regrowth ad there. So bad in terms of how ridiculously cheesy it is. It's based in Blackrock or something.

Webuyanycar.com is woeful stuff, reminds me of the xtravision ad, repeating the same line over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

the ad in the cinema that plays everytime where the cartoon characters dance in a row on screen, and one of em burps. wrecks my head.

The MS ad is in response to the MAC ad which doesn't really make sense since many of MS applications including windows can be run on Macs. Was it not up to the PC industry to fight their corner? Neither company suggests other OSs.

I think the response is better, it didn't make sense to me at first since the Mac ad didn't run on Irish TV.

no. macs are for benders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ugh the ad I currently hate the most is that idiotic Heineken ad that is played during the ad breaks for Premier League or Champions League - it's the one with the woman singing "blah blah my life", dunno what the words are, but she sings the same stupid sentence like three or four times, aaaaaaaaaargh!! Shut the hell up!!!! Stupid ad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Ugh the ad I currently hate the most is that idiotic Heineken ad that is played during the ad breaks for Premier League or Champions League - it's the one with the woman singing "blah blah my life", dunno what the words are, but she sings the same stupid sentence like three or four times, aaaaaaaaaargh!! Shut the hell up!!!! Stupid ad!!

It doesn't make sense. The bottle drops from a rickety shelf and the guy puts it back up there in the same place.... Foolishness.

Good ad I thought the first time I saw it but after the 67378787th time of seeing it I now hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

The first time I saw that Heineken ad, I knew that it'd be played to death

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

The new range of tv licence ads. Dear God I thought the last bunch were tripe,these new ones are even worse. Botox lady "That makes me happy,that makes me sad" *shudder"

And then some annoying one who says her boyfriend or husband or whatever has run off with all her stuff including her tv licence.

Pathetic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

FBD ad

TV licence ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

TV licence ads
    I hear you there friend.

They are so bad. You thought the radio ones were bad? These are 1000 times worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

cybrandian wrote: »
    the ad in the cinema that plays everytime where the cartoon characters dance in a row on screen, and one of em burps. wrecks my head.
    Christ yeah.Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

tvnutz wrote: »
    The new range of tv licence ads. Dear God I thought the last bunch were tripe,these new ones are even worse. Botox lady "That makes me happy,that makes me sad" *shudder"

I love that ad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

cybrandian wrote: »

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

colly10 wrote: »
    I love that ad :D
    Banned! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement