Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Karsini wrote: »
    Barry Scott seems to have quietened down in recent ads I noticed.

And what's the story with HARVEY NORMAN losing his Aussie accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

galactus wrote: »
    And what's the story with HARVEY NORMAN losing his Aussie accent?
    They are making the ads here now instead of recording them in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

123.com with the gameshow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

New Spar one with Bertie Ahern and Louis Walsh on the gameshow.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oh good god yeah. That Oliver Callan lad should be arrested for crimes against humanity. He's a good enough mimic/impersonator/whatever but his material is terrible on his show, and the ads he puts his name to are terrible as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

the 'i want to poo in pauls bathroom' ad................................seriously who comes up with this sh**te (excuse pun) i want to give you a slap my lad !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Grinding my gears at the moment:

- Stena Line: "The ship was brilliant...i got to meet curious george!" i hate to dampen your enthusiasm, lad, but we don't care
    - Rabo Direct: "It's Louise!" straight talking? more like bull manure
    - The latest in the depressingly long line of TV licence ads: "He even took my TV licence!" notice how he took a load of her stuff but conveniently left her behind?

I've probably forgotten about 4-5 others I hate right now

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

- Stena Line: "The ship was brilliant...i got to meet curious george!"

Is it me or does this "Curious George" sound dodgy?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got a 1.25 litre bottle of coke in that deal too, and half my pizza came with no cheese on it!

The Stena Line ad is awful, that kid makes me remember why I hate kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

God anybody see Mooneys new ad for the Big Money Game? It is so cheesy. I want to throw my shoe at the telly every time I see it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

God anybody see Mooneys new ad for the Big Money Game? It is so cheesy. I want to throw my shoe at the telly every time I see it!!

The one where he appears to be dressed as an Albanian version of the Milk Tray man, albeit one who has recently soiled his pants?

Oh that's a magnificent marriage of Rté's 1970's production values and Mooney's complete lack of natural ability in front of a camera.

The scene where he hunches down to allow a badly animated aeroplane to shoot out of his crotch is particularly noteworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HighMan

The taxi regulator ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 melodical

Auto Glass repair Auto Glass replace........:mad:.
    Please donate what you can to the "need to buy a shot gun fund" you could help save 1000's of people from this nonsense !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The current ad for chorus with this animated slacker dude and a really grating American voiceover like a film trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The one where he appears to be dressed as an Albanian version of the Milk Tray man, albeit one who has recently soiled his pants?

Oh that's a magnificent marriage of Rté's 1970's production values and Mooney's complete lack of natural ability in front of a camera.

The scene where he hunches down to allow a badly animated aeroplane to shoot out of his crotch is particularly noteworthy.
    Yeah thats the one! I think the el bandito mask is a classy touch. It's like RTE are saying to everybody, "Hey look we are so poor this is the only sort of crap we can make. Please please please give us a higher TV licence fee"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Yeah thats the one! I think the el bandito mask is a classy touch. It's like RTE are saying to everybody, "Hey look we are so poor this is the only sort of crap we can make. Please please please give us a higher TV licence fee"

No, I think it says: "You're forced to give us money, so we can waste it on ****e like this and there's nothing you can do about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

The George Hook Sky ad annoys the crap out of me. He is so irritating and clearly reeming off lines that he would never say in real life or on the rugby analysis show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Any ads where the mouthing doesn't match the over active voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Yep, we have a new champion, alright.

Kill me now.
    And me next!
    Karsini wrote: »
    Barry Scott seems to have quietened down in recent ads I noticed.
    Maybe because I made him drink a litre of Cilit Bang in the back of my car?
    Didn't see it yet. But Jesus... Say it ain't so... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

The vision express one with the weak, stringy eyeman and the big muscular eyemen. For reasons I can't quite put my finger on, it annoys the hell out of me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

yerayeah wrote: »
    The vision express one with the weak, stringy eyeman and the big muscular eyemen. For reasons I can't quite put my finger on, it annoys the hell out of me...
    Me too,its the music that does it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

darkdubh wrote: »
    The current ad for chorus with this animated slacker dude and a really grating American voiceover like a film trailer.
    Hes not a slacker,just a waste of space who spends all day drinking cans and watching sky sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I know it's not a television ad but I can't stand the sight of that NTL campaign with the disgusting naked guy lying on the coins. It's often to be found in the corner of the screen on boards. Maybe on some billboards also. It's just a horrible image.

Also that Mooney ad and the Spar ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Current dislikes :

5 - Small child who appears to shout "the sh*t was ber-illiant" in his enthusiastic support for a ferry company.

4 - Badly animated ad for a cable television company with the message that lazy, stupid filthy people should subscribe to this company, as it will leave them more money to spend on cans of 69c lager.

3 - George Hook and his Hyphenated speech patterns (Spec - Takkler, Ab - slootly) giving a straight faced big thumbs up to Rupert Murdoch's hi tech box of tricks.

2- Derek Bloody Mooney being promo'd as either starring in a cheap-ass lottery game show, or a 1979 Turkish imitation Superhero B movie. It hard to tell from the usual crap in-house rte advertisement.

1 - Oliver Callan making the giant leap from being terribly unfunny on the radio to being terribly unfunny on the television, with those awful, awful Eurospar ads. They look like they were animated on a commodore 64, and the scripting is hideous. The man clearly has no standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

2fivers wrote: »

1 - Oliver Callan making the giant leap from being terribly unfunny on the radio to being terribly unfunny on the television, with those awful, awful Eurospar ads. They look like they were animated on a commodore 64, and the scripting is hideous. The man clearly has no standards.

What annoys me most about those ads is that "Louis Walsh" sounds like some sort of deranged hybrid of Simon Cowell & Louis Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

hairymick wrote: »
    Me too,its the music that does it .
    BUM-Bah-Dah-Dah-BUM-Bah-Dah-Dah :mad:

I really hate the new Crunchy Nut cornflakes ad where some liitle man in the cupboard hops on a Segway scooter then hops off again and sings a song, completely meaningless and pointless ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is the George Hook ad online anywhere? I can't seem to find it anywhere. One of my mates wants to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Had a quick look myself. No joy. But I did find a clip of him
    running late for his audition for said ad... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That M&S ad with Twiggy..

It's too long, uses that overplayed Take That song and she had a face like a smacked arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had a quick look myself. No joy. But I did find a clip of him
    running late for his audition for said ad... :pac:

Ah yes I remember that greatly. :)

Here's hoping that George Hook ad will be online soon. Expect many parodies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement