Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I hate the Panda for the Fox's biscuits ad. I hate his accent, I hate his smug attitude- "I will take it as a personal insult if you were to choose anything other than Fox's biskwits!". Yeah, go fcuk yourself. I want to shoot the little fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

Does anyone else h8 that Lynx fever ad?
    Its so ridiculous it makes me change the channel every time.
    That chill.ie ad is annoying too.
    Has anyone seen that weird new fbd insurance ad too?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bigal87 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen that weird new fbd insurance ad too?

I think the FBD add is at least semi-creative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Im surprised no bodys mentioned that "attack that attic with a stira"ad.The cheapest looking ad ive seen in years.The fast forward -rewind effects of yer wan walking up the stairs looks like something from an early 80s music video.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

I'm sure there has been plenty of annoyed people venting their anger at the Lucozade Sports Ronan O'Gara ad, but I just had to get my piece out beforeI kill someone!!!! It's so annoying, they don't even drink Lucozade Sport during the games, its fecking water!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Bigal87 wrote: »
    Does anyone else h8 that Lynx fever ad?
    Its so ridiculous it makes me change the channel every time.

The one with the maracas? Not only is it annoying, but it also seems to imply that people who use Lynx have small testicles and only use Lynx to get ridiculously big ones. Would you really want to be in a shop buying Lynx, letting everyone around you know that you have small testes and want painfully big ones?

Actually, maybe its a health warning, using Lynx Fever may cause elephantitus in the testicles :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I hate all those Lynx ads....

Who the hell the buys Lynx anyway? Try washing people, deodorant is not a substitute for washing...the more you put on does not cover your greasy spotty ass...:mad:

Its ****e...smells cheap and is for teenagers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

hairymick wrote: »
    Im surprised no bodys mentioned that "attack that attic with a stira"ad.The cheapest looking ad ive seen in years.The fast forward -rewind effects of yer wan walking up the stairs looks like something from an early 80s music video.

That ad looks like it's from the 80's because it almost is from the 80's. That ad has been running for at least 10 years, if not longer. They only recently removed the line from it that said "as seen on The Late Late show". I remember Gay Byrne introducing the Stira on the Late Late from when I was a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

A little obscure perhaps, but in the Ormonde cinema in Stillorgan in Dublin, there is a message after the trailers telling you to turn off phones etc. It's Dave Fannings voice (who annoys me ordinarally). While I don't mind the "turn off phones, smoking illegal, note fire exits" part, there is a bit at the end where he goes "oh and by the way, enjoy the movie" in his stupid smug voice, it really, really boils my piss. I mean, as if I had just paid 9 odd quid to sit in the dark looking at the floor, of course I'm there to enjoy the damn film, unless it turns out to be ****e. I don't need to be reminded to enjoy the movie. God I hate that asshole.

Phew.. got a little worked up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

New Spar one with Bertie Ahern and Louis Walsh on the gameshow.... :(

This is one of the worst things I have ever seen. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

The advert I so extremley hate is f**king Paint Runner.
    I hate it because its long, they use the word euro instead of the symbol ( stupid I know) and the way it seems like its about to end when you are told you get something free, and the voiceover, hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Luuca

I hate that little kid who wants to poo at Paul's house. Spoilt little B***

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Yeah, Id love 2 punch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

yea, **** Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Holysmokes

Dolorous wrote: »
    This is one of the worst things I have ever seen. :mad:

:D Come on! The Spar-Bertie-Louis-Walsh TV ad looks class. It must've cost a fortune - it was previewed in the news of the world and cost a mill or something. I've two kids and they laugh their heads off at teh louis character esp. IMO it's working - only it's hard to get hold of the one euro offers some days in Spar cos everyone's going in for them it seems...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Holysmokes wrote: »
    :D Come on! The Spar-Bertie-Louis-Walsh TV ad looks class. It must've cost a fortune - it was previewed in the news of the world and cost a mill or something. I've two kids and they laugh their heads off at teh louis character esp. IMO it's working - only it's hard to get hold of the one euro offers some days in Spar cos everyone's going in for them it seems...;)

:eek: It is very cheap looking TBH. Perhaps if they didn't spend so much on advertising they could reduce their prices further :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

I hate that stupid KFC add with the fella dressed up like a chef and he's banging on about how great it is to work there and how fresh the chicken is. Who the fcuk aspires to work in KFC?? Id love to kidney punch him..... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Holysmokes wrote: »
    :D Come on! The Spar-Bertie-Louis-Walsh TV ad looks class.

Really?

You Really think that?

Really?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That ad with Colm Meaney.

Why Colm? Why?

Surely the R-word isn't hitting you that hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

That one for just for men with your man on the sofa splitting into 2 and dramatically announcing that "my hair says energy/experience".

When he merges back into one person again your one with the glasses is absolutely riding him with her eyes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

EVERY CRAPPY TV LICENCE AD IN THE LONG AND AGONISING HISTORY OF TV LICENCE ADS

yerayeah wrote: »
    That one for just for men with your man on the sofa splitting into 2 and dramatically announcing that "my hair says energy/experience".

When he merges back into one person again your one with the glasses is absolutely riding him with her eyes...

Haha its so true. The voice makes him sound like a paedo or sumting lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

That volvic ad with the t*sser going on about the fourteen day challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

How exactly do you have a "cheeky" volvic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

That KFC ad is pissing me off no end:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

All ads by financial institutions. Especially those ones trying to get you to Consolidate all your loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Those stupid cereal ads with the dad eating that stuff with the raisins and clusters, practically jizzing into the bowl it is that good apparantly, and then when his daughter/son come in he starts going on "oh...you won't like it. It's not hip, it's not today etc, etc"

Then another one when he's eating with his wife, and says to keep the cereal away from the kids
    Dad-"What have they done to deserve this??!!"
    Wife-"But their our children!!"
    Dad-"Are you sure of that?!"

Ugh, I would love to beat him over the head with the cereal box everytime I see him!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Those concern ads- they run them about 3 times in one ad break- ok i KNOW there are people starving in africa but WHY are they on when im having my dinner. :mad:

Poo in pauls - Ive already mentioned it

Cheeky Volvic - How about a cheeky kick in the balls

That bertie and Louis ad- kill me now!!!

Dominos Pizza - The one thats on just after breaks and when the shows back from a break. The 3 spas in the sitting room. Espically when he is putting sellotape on the box and says "Im taping it for her" and the big "Ive never gotten laid" head on him GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

Chours - Show him the money - AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Liffey Valley - The one sounds like she strangling a cat

Muller Corner - "I got my berries, my blueberries, my yoghurt lalala"! The one who sings "my blueberries" cracks the screen- just AWFUL!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The trailer for that stupid movie that plays that stupid James Blunt's (Rhyming slang intended) song and is like "CANCER CANCER OH ITS ALL SO SAD WATCH THIS MOVIE"

Such crap, and anything James Blunt is awful by default.

I know it isn't really technically an advert, but I saw the trailer on TV and :mad:

The Halifax ads with the girl telling colm meaney how to do an ad is terrible too, as is the "real" ad. Also ferry kid, Eurospar, Liffey Valley, and those cereal ads where the guy is trying to pretend some cereal doesn't taste nice. Why doesn't he just tell his kids to get stuffed, he pays the mortgage so it's his cereal?

• Advertisement

I really despise those bloody ringtones ads that are on Comedy Central all the time. It has the worst music u could possibly get nowadays. What a real turnoff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement