Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ATM Im still hating;

Liffey Valley- I'm suing for piercing my eardrums
    McCoys- Generalise much?
    Poo at Pauls- need I say more?
    Airwicks- animals as humans AAAARGH!!!!
    Volvic- it's moron man and his 'cheeky Volvic'
    Lynx- do u want massive balls?
    We buy any car (dot com)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

IrishKev wrote: »
    I'm sure there has been plenty of annoyed people venting their anger at the Lucozade Sports Ronan O'Gara ad, but I just had to get my piece out beforeI kill someone!!!! It's so annoying, they don't even drink Lucozade Sport during the games, its fecking water!!

It's a brilliantly cheesy ad, has anyone got a link to it please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Rte are promoing CSI .

They're doing it with vegetables.

Vegetables. Not upcoming clips, or previous drama..

Vegetables.

Vegetables instead of the cast of CSI

("not much of a difference in some cases...", I hear you say. but that's not my point. Read on.)

Remember Bosco, when the presenters were telling a story, say, about a lonely shoe?
    And when it came to the part in the story when the show would "speak" , the Fás kid operating the camera would shakily zoom in to a shoe with a face on it, seemingly drawn & stuck on by a trainee from the art dept, perhaps with special needs?

That's how this ad is done, the only difference being that they use actual dialogue from the show, but it's really badly edited in (you can hear the atmospheric background hiss and CoolEdit clicks)

The scene features a chopped carrot surrounded by other fruit & vegetables with crappy stick on eyes, and several unrelated quotes from csi characters vaguely relating to crime are dubbed over each close up of the aforementioned selection of food items with the stick-on appendages.

(it sounds funnier than it is, trust me. )

The ad ends with a bizarre intonation from Rte voiceover guy mumbling something irrelevant about crime scenes.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that at it's inception, it was supposed to be "wacky" and "zany" and ergo, funny, but because of the crappy camerawork; poor design; sound looping so poor that you can clearly hear the atmospheric noise over each characters badly edited lines; not to mention the fundamentally rubbish idea that makes absolutely no sense on screen, it fails on all counts.

Know what the only funny part is?
    The realisation that somebody got paid for coming up with this.

Not even a sympathy point for thinking outside the box, guys. It's just sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Yeh that KFC ad boils my blood.

I remember recently there was a Moy Park ad with a rapping chicken which was undoubtedly the worst ad I've ever seen. It was just horrendous!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 melodical

murf313 wrote: »
    I hate that stupid KFC add with the fella dressed up like a chef and he's banging on about how great it is to work there and how fresh the chicken is. Who the fcuk aspires to work in KFC?? Id love to kidney punch him..... lol

I hear you…. The bit where he rubs his hands together and points and says "very interested in that" That bit drives me mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Don't know if its been mentioned but the damn badly dubbed Oder Eaters spray one, you know "its the feet" no "its the shoes" that one! Also that crappy northern ireland/Scottish gaelic language ad they showed on setanata all the time, its the one were there about 10 people watching a couple of hairly lads up on stage wearing kilts and banging the drums!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Its not an ad as such but i hate that posh woman clicking her fingers at a taxi in those rte between programme fillers.Also ,that angry looking black dude eating the orange.Whats that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Don't know if its been mentioned but the damn badly dubbed Oder Eaters spray one, you know "its the feet" no "its the shoes" that one! Also that crappy northern ireland/Scottish gaelic language ad they showed on setanata all the time, its the one were there about 10 people watching a couple of hairly lads up on stage wearing kilts and banging the drums!

100% right, particularly on the Ulster/Scots heritage one - "Dinnae hald bach" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Absolutely have to laugh (albeit in slightly bad taste) at 2 of the ads on TV at the mo:

"If your relationship is in trouble talk to a cord." :eek:

And my favourite (the V/O going out while a cartoon figure of a woman has one hand on her breasts and one between her legs)

"Canesten will ....... leave you feeling yourself again" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Jamster's ads are a joke. I hate their feckin' ringtone ads. If they're not trying to flog some sh1te Lady Gaga ringtone, it's "Get the hilarious farting baby on your mobile!". Or "subscribe to Jamster for ten euro a month to find out what your baby's name will be!". Who wastes money on this crap?

Hopefully the recession will hit these pr1cks hard.

• Advertisement

Acacia wrote: »
    Jamster's ads are a joke. I hate their feckin' ringtone ads. If they're not trying to flog some sh1te Lady Gaga ringtone, it's "Get the hilarious farting baby on your mobile!". Or "subscribe to Jamster for ten euro a month to find out what your baby's name will be!". Who wastes money on this crap?

Hopefully the recession will hit these pr1cks hard.

Did you ever see their advertising on German television? They're called Jamba over there but they often show the same ad 3 times in one break! I remember seeing some ad breaks on the old MTV2 Pop channel where the whole break was nothing but ringtone ads.

Karsini wrote: »
    Did you ever see their advertising on German television? They're called Jamba over there but they often show the same ad 3 times in one break! I remember seeing some ad breaks on the old MTV2 Pop channel where the whole break was nothing but ringtone ads.

Jaysus, that's so head-wrecking. I thought they were an English/ Irish company. The pr1cks are everywhere!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

123.ie

"All of the above". "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees".

# 123.ie just log on and save money #

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Any ad where voices are dubbed in. they never look good, they're always crap and annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh God those ads for Scratchcards or whatever where your one is in the hairdressers, and pulls out a giant cheque.

"Have you nothing smaller?"
    And she says "no" in this really smug voice, then this giggle thing.

Why the f*ck would you go into a hairdressers with a giant cheque made out to you? stupid bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The 123.ie show.

That horrible jingle! Arraggghhh! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bond-007 wrote: »
    The 123.ie show.

That horrible jingle! Arraggghhh! :mad:

I think when you compare it to the Spar ad it is brilliant. But the jingle is horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

That "chef" in KFC should be shot.. fresh chicken prepared daily my arse :pac:

" As a kid I didn't like cooking, I liked eating, Very much enjoyed that".. course you did ya fecker..

Don't need to explain myself.. I want to take a poo at pauls! :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I hate that ad with Sienna Miller in it so much, it makes me want to hurt my tv badly. Irritating, sycophonic noise. An affront to all my senses.

My hatred for that ad is probably based on my dislike of Sienna Miller though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Leeg17 wrote: »
    That "chef" in KFC should be shot.. fresh chicken prepared daily my arse :pac:

" As a kid I didn't like cooking, I liked eating, Very much enjoyed that".. course you did ya fecker..

Don't need to explain myself.. I want to take a poo at pauls! :confused::confused:
    The KFC chef has a weird accent as well,like Albanian meets cockney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

One ad that pisses me off at the moment big time is the Actimel one with the old Irish bitch talking shite about helping your bodys natural defenses,what a crock!

Then at the end of it she goes 'Drink Actimel everyday' makes my blood boil :mad: grrr what a cnut!

The Club orange ad that's only on in the cinema- ''some bits are crucial'', with Barbie and Ken having sex. It's kinda funny...but not really. You just know it was thought up by some advert exec who thinks he's ''zany'' (the kind that wears novelty ties every day) and is trying desperately to appeal to the ''LOL, so random'' generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That little runt going on about the boat looking like a spaceship. Same ad repeated on the radio. No respite from the little bollix. Hope the boat sinks the next time he's on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Acacia wrote: »
    The Club orange ad that's only on in the cinema- ''some bits are crucial'', with Barbie and Ken having sex. It's kinda funny...but not really. You just know it was thought up by some advert exec who thinks he's ''zany'' (the kind that wears novelty ties every day) and is trying desperately to appeal to the ''LOL, so random'' generation.

Didn't that win best ad at the Boards TV awards?

The ad for pre-packed salad we are cruchy we are cruchy or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That little runt going on about the boat looking like a spaceship. Same ad repeated on the radio. No respite from the little bollix. Hope the boat sinks the next time he's on it.

I have to laugh about that as it sounds like he is saying "The Sh1t was Brilliant!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I need to do a Poo
    I want to go to Paul's house.

WTF!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

Not sure if this ad has been mentioned-too many pages to check over! But the ad I REALLY find annoying is the dishwasher tablet ad-diamond standard dishwasher tablets, because we believe you deserve the best- the drawly voice of the voice over woman is actually as bad as nails on a blackboard for me. I couldn't believe it when I was in New York in march this yr and guess what bloody ad was on american tv?! Arrrgggghhh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Those concern ads- they run them about 3 times in one ad break- ok i KNOW there are people starving in africa but WHY are they on when im having my dinner. :mad:

Poo in pauls - Ive already mentioned it

Cheeky Volvic - How about a cheeky kick in the balls

That bertie and Louis ad- kill me now!!!

Dominos Pizza - The one thats on just after breaks and when the shows back from a break. The 3 spas in the sitting room. Espically when he is putting sellotape on the box and says "Im taping it for her" and the big "Ive never gotten laid" head on him GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

Chours - Show him the money - AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Liffey Valley - The one sounds like she strangling a cat

Muller Corner - "I got my berries, my blueberries, my yoghurt lalala"! The one who sings "my blueberries" cracks the screen- just AWFUL!!!!

I have more

1. That "fairy dishwasher one" with the big eared kid and the dirty scooter. ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH it makes me so mad- he dirtys his scooter and is depressed about it, but lazy bastard never thinks to wash it himself- then decides "i know ill try shove it in mammys new dishwasher never mind she spent a bomb on it":mad:

2. The "Send your name and the bloke you are with 5 minutes name to this number and we will send you back your babys name" :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: who the hell pays for that

3.That STUPID sex and the city one on comedy central right now.."hi carrie wanna know when sex and the citys on?" OMFG i love sex and the city but i have to turn that ad off it makes me want to kill someone!!!:mad::mad::mad:

4.The vanish one (well all vanish ones)" Mam orders a pizza- kids takes it outta the box and flips it "like the guy in the restaurant(he cant even prounounce (sp) it right) drops it on the floor and his mothers more concerned about the bit of sauce on his pants than the pizza she just paid money for lying on the floor:confused: Bloody baffles me!

5. That ketchup where the kids on holidays and is depressed cos he has no ketchep- then his mother posts it to him and his happy "Feical seo lads" Ah **** off ya tit!!!

6. Any ad that has kids saying "You can save money on this this and this" Ah DO YOU PAY THE BILLS? NO DIDNT THINK SO - **** OFF!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

99.964% of all in-house Rté promos are complete sh*t, but the one running at the moment for Harper's Island is particularly cack-handed.

(it's the really badly put together one featuring random, unrelated shots from the show, which bizarrely, is backed musically by a version of Weezers' "Island in the sun" . Not in itself a bad choice, however, in this instance, the track has been so badly mutilated and looped that it sounds like it's been spliced together by a disinterested underqualified media course dropout who used a hatchet covered in jam & sand instead of editing software. )

Terrible.

• Advertisement

Kiss False Nails..."Ever glam..ever-lasting...ever-cool...ever-hot...Ever-lasting French Nails."

Terrible music, terrible ad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement